[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used Truck - Deal or Lemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (21KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 200x150px
There's a great prices Mazda B2300 that id get in a heart beat so long as everything checked out fine, mechanically.

My question is, it's a '97 with only 46,000 miles on it. From the pictures the engine, exterior, and interior look great but how in the hell does a truck that's almost 20 years old only have 46k on it? Is this too good to be true?

>KBB estimates an average of 156k on this year of truck
>>
well they may have rolled back the odometer.
>>
>>17447739
those little trucks were either driven to shit because they were too poor to afford anything else, or have low miles because they were the truck parked in the back yard that they brought out when they had to move something or their car was in the shop.

The 2.3l engine is really weak, and it's even more noticable if it's paired with a manual transmission.

Make sure the speedo works, and the odometer works too while you're at it. And if it's one that doesn't have a reading beyond 99,999 miles do a vin check to see if you can track the miles if they'd rolled over once, twice, or even three times.
>>
>>17447754
Yea, I have a 92 ranger. The odo only goes to 99,999 after that it rolls over. It probably is 146k miles. But rangers are grandpa cars, it could have spent 10 years in a garage after the old man was too old to drive it.
>>
File: s10interior.jpg (70KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
s10interior.jpg
70KB, 960x719px
take care of them and they should take care of you. Not a ranger but here's my mini truck, 220+ thousand miles in that pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 900x675px
>>17447779
>>17447754
>>17447747

Just got off the phone with the guy, according to him the Carfax report list the ODO at 46k like it is listed. Claims it was used as a commercial truck with only one owner, and by the look of the pictures it makes sense.

Any feedback with this info?
>>
>>17447834
Get the VIN, and check for yourself. /o/ has free VIN check threads daily. Two possibilities:
>garaged for a long time
>odometer broken/rolled back
You'd be able to tell from the mileage reports on the VIN check. If it's only going up 10 miles at a time (or not at all), that's suspect. There'd be no point for the owner to drive to the DMV to re-register it if it's been garaged 99.9% of the time. They'd just register it as non-op.
>>
>self bump... Need that juicy info
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.