[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend and I had an email exchange about religion. I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: email.png (100KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
email.png
100KB, 300x364px
My friend and I had an email exchange about religion. I feel like I did a pretty good job taking down each of her arguments, and want to upload it to my blog for educational purposes. However, my rebuttal wouldn't make sense unless I uploaded her email to me along with it. I doubt she would see it if I uploaded it, as she doesn't use social media. As a result, I want to post the exchange for my followers to see without any of her personally identifying information.

TL;DR: Is it ethical for me to upload one of my friend's emails to me to social media, provided her name and her email address are omitted?
>>
Doesn't matter because nobody wants to read your fedora tipping or euphoria.
>>
What you do is you ask her permission, and act accordingly.
>>
>>17446234
I thought about that but I want to say it anyway.
>>17446237
I don't feel like doing that, so I guess I'll just edit my rebuttal so I don't need to include it.
>>
>>17446254
autism
>>
Is this bait? I'm an atheist, but I still don't know why the fuck you would have an (email?) argument with your friend over religion, and then want to put it on your fedora blog.
>>
>>17446346
My therapists says I'm likely borderline but I don't have an official diagnosis.
>>17446373
People love to have philosophical debates with me. I just wanted to post my rebuttal because I post a lot of anti-religion stuff on my blog and I think I did a pretty good job on it. It's about 7 typed pages though, on 1.2 spacing/Times New Roman/size 12.
>>
>>17446460
You're therapist was incorrect, you are a massive autist.
>>
>>17446610
>You're
kekmate, internet psychiatrist :^)
>>
>>17446641
Shit, on phone, blow me.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 299x169px
>>17446644
OHHH yesss of course I will. Please call me an autist again, master!
>>
>>17446677
Thanks. You are a fucking autist though. Noone gives that much of a fuck about what someone else believes. Religion is stupid, but if people want to do it they will, you writing some faggotry on your blog that only your mum reads probably isn't going to change the world.
>>
>>17446806
I still have my youthful fire within me. If I can help even one person break free, it's worth it.
>>
>>17446850
Just let them go mate, if people want to do it that's their choice. As long as noone is impacting others, I don't care what they do.
>>
>>17446221
It is not your position to dismiss or argue over a persons religious or personal philosophy. Although you have every right to question it, it is noth disrespectful and obnoxious. There is nothing inherently wrong with religion, only how or if people are using it to harm or exploit others. It is no more different than having a preference of food or favourite colour: if it does not impede on you or your lifestyle, its not your concern. Religion is not nor was ever inherently bad, merely the people who used it for their own ends. If it was not there, they would and indeef have used other means.

This whole hate on religion has died out over the last 10 years and honestly uts a sign of great ignorance and tunnel vision of both world history and human behaviour to get into an argument over something so trivial.

Grow up and focus on more productive things than a narcissistic and pedantic blog which probably lacks proper research.
>>
>>17446871
>>17446881
What exactly are you guys talking about? She chose to engage with me on the matter, so I don't see why you're assuming I'm forcing my beliefs on her. I'm not being "obnoxious" by participating in a debate she wanted to have with me. Religious people don't need to be coddled.

>lacks proper research
I can almost guarantee you I've done way more research on religion than you have. Religious texts almost universally advocate poor science and immoral things. That's why IQ, level of education, and crime are all negatively associated with religiosity.
Get off your high horse with this "there's nothing wrong with religion" idea (which by the way you brought up despite it not even being relevant to what I asked for advice on).
>>
>>17446991
*crime is positively associated with religiosity, I meant to say
>>
>>17446881
see >>17446995
>>
Because of people like you I sometimes feel ashamed to be an atheist.

Jesus Christ (pun intended), throw your fedora away, shave and go out socializing with real people!
>>
>>17447142
>Because of people like you I sometimes feel ashamed to be an atheist.
Why do people keep saying this in this thread? She specifically said she felt god "called" her to to try to proselytize me. You guys think I should just be a cuck and pretend I agree with her positions, even when she specifically asked me to debate?

>throw your fedora away
Don't own one.

>shave
I'm biologically female.

>go out socializing with real people
She started the debate in person while we were hanging out.
>>
>>17447160
>Why do people keep saying this in this thread? She specifically said she felt god "called" her to to try to proselytize me. You guys think I should just be a cuck and pretend I agree with her positions, even when she specifically asked me to debate?

No, you should just tell her to fuck off like a normal person. You don't need to have a 10 page debate about it, she believes her thing, you believe yours. She shouldn't harp on at you, you shouldn't harp on at her.

>I'm biologically female.
That's a worrying way to say you're a woman
>>
>>17447167
I'm trying to transition into a man but don't have the testosterone injections/gel yet.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.