[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supervisor wants me to meet her son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: il_570xN.936939597_926c.jpg (145KB, 570x861px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.936939597_926c.jpg
145KB, 570x861px
Basically my supervisor must take some sort of pity on either me or her son. I generally show up looking and feeling depressed to work but still get my job done, make conversation & laugh, etc. One day she asked if I played tennis because her son did, I said I could go for a game of tennis and agreed to meet him (I'm pretty lonely, I moved to a new state a few months ago and don't know anyone).

Somehow it got turned into my supervisor inviting me over for dinner last week, which I turned down because I genuinely was busy. Today my supervisor texts me asking again if I could do dinner this weekend and that I got to pick whatever day works best for me. Honestly, I don't know how comfortable I feel about it. They're a bit of a large "redneck" every-Sunday Christian family, while I smoke large amounts of weed, go to concerts, and read poetry.

But I don't really know how to tell my supervisor that I don't really want to. I can't keep making excuses because I see her at work 5 days a week.

tl;dr I don't want to hang out with my supervisor's family and don't know how to break it to her.
>>
>>17445381
Bump. It's been an hour since she texted me and I need to go to sleep for work tomorrow ;_;
>>
Lol. Just say "thanks but no thanks" or something to that effect.
"I appreciate your kindness but I'm not really up for it" might be a bit better. If she asks why... then youre fucked!

Don't blow off the tennis game, however.
>>
>>17445381

do it once. if its not a good match, she will see it. but its easy to come up wiht a consistent excuse

>oh i got a gf and see her every saturday
or even
>i go out to eat with my family on saturday, early to bed sunday, etc)

i wouldnt worry. she just wants to see what happens
>>
>>17445381

you admitted that you are a lonely pot smoking loser in a new place with no friends.

Decent Christian families can pick up on this kind of thing, and want you to feel welcome and happy. they will want you to convert to Christianity eventually.

If they are a devout Christian family and you aren't, they aren't going to set you up romantically with their son until you've converted.

tl;dr: they just want to be your friends for now.

You have nothing else going on in life. Why not see what they are about? Maybe you'll enjoy yourself.
>>
>>17445597
THIS!

Don't be an autistic dick. I'm able to enjoy a wide variety of company who if they were in the same room would probably fight. That was learned and I'm glad I was open minded enough to learn it.

Don't assume you can't learn anything from people you don't necessarily agree with or enjoyttheir company. Broaden yer fuckin' horizons.
>>
Just say you'd rather keep your work and personal life separate. Easy.
>>
Give it a shot buddy. In worst scenary they wont invite you ever again and that is precisely what you want now
>>
I think our anon is a she not a he, also the aboves, give it a shot, see how it goes, always be polite just to be careful.

Also I'm still waitting for the carpenter guy to appear here
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.