[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot take this shit anymore any time I become close with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: west point.jpg (103KB, 768x511px) Image search: [Google]
west point.jpg
103KB, 768x511px
I cannot take this shit anymore any time I become close with a girl they leave me even the one's that tell me I'm into them. Example
>meet girl
>says she's into me
>we both text eachother for two weeks saying how we should meet up
>weekend before we were supposed to hang out she blocks me on Instagram and doesn't respond to any texts.

Shit like that happens all the time and I don't know if I should blame it on how I look or maybe I'm bad at texting.

I have friends and they can be nice but at times they can treat me like complete shit

The only thing I'm looking forward to is joining the military but I don't know if I'll have the grades to do it especially since I want to go in as an officer and West Point is the only college that serious career soldiers go to and it's pretty hard.

In terms of sports I'm fucking weak and the more I workout the less time I can focus on grades and even then other people on my sports team (I do crew) are always becoming stronger than me

I'm honestly a fucking embarrassment. I'm not looking for a shoulder to lean on or to vent my problems but any advice for anything would be appreciated.
>>
>>17444381
WestPoint is not the only college for serious career soldiers. Good officers come out of ROTC and OCS as well. Look into those options. Anyway, you're in luck because I recently dropped out of there and you seem to be about to make the same mistake I did.

If you're career is the only thing you are looking forward to in life there is something wrong. Being in a stressful environment will distract you from this fact but it will keep coming back up I promise you that. Get your personal life in order before you try to put yourself through some tough shit. Keep working out, find some real friends, learn to enjoy people's company again. There's more to life than the Army.

If you're really serious about going to the academy get comfortable asking people for help especially in school. Chances are you will not be the best at anything while you are there (AND THATS OK). You are also going to need to get comfortable with yourself, not to the point of complacency but to where you can fail at something a few times without thinking you're an embarrassment. Don't let your self worth ride on your accomplishments or your ability to get girls. Self worth is kind of complicated thing for me and someone else could probably give better advice on it.

Anyway hope some of that was helpful best of luck man.
>>
>>17444451
There isn't anything in my life that's exciting or interesting. I tried to be more exciting by talking to girls but if anything tat showed me how socially retarded I can be.

The army seems like an out to me, I've always been interested in military history and other military related stuff and it seems like a way for me to get out of my shit-tiered town and leave behind people that never cared about me.

I'm not trying to sound like an emo faggot that's literally the last thing in the world I'd ever consider myself being but in perspective that's how I see it as an out.
>>
You probably just come on too strong or appear too desperate. Girls can get a bit freaked out if a guy she just met is really intense.
>>
>>17444487
Join the AIR FORCE. Think "career". Enlisting or commissioning worked for countless millions of people and if you do a well planned career you won't have to work for the last third of your life.

That is a wonderful and amazing position to be in. I and .milbros are there.

Enjoy history as a hobby while you help make history.

I prefer techy work and AF training is excellent in many fields. (Not IT, but .gov jobs afterward are gotten by human networking and a career builds that.)

I had big stupid aircraft maintenance fun for 26 years. (Wanted a life instead of making the supergrades, but everyone is different and learns more about appropriate goals over time.) The medical fields are excellent and offer more civilian opportunities.

For useful advice start a military CAREER thread elsewhere AND visit military and shooting (lots of vets) forums to get experienced advice at any detail ya want. I have a dental appointment so I'm out of here for a while.

The brotherhood is real.
>>
>>17444551
I appreciate the advice but I'm much more interested in the Army or the Coast Guard. Thank you
>>
>>17444524
I don't think it's that I come off as too desperate. I mostly think I that its because I'm really bad at texting.

I don't have a good filter to know if what I'm going to say is weird or not
>>
>>17444551
>for 26 years

you mean for 6 years before you were a desk bitch
>>
>>17444451
This guy knows what's up
>>
>>17444381
> West Point is the only college that serious career soldiers go to and it's pretty hard.
Kek.

No. No it is not. Any good college with an ROTC program is what serious career soldiers go to.

Also if your high school grades are fucked at any point during high school or not above at least a 3.7 you're fucked. Its extremely competitive both physically and mentally. You need to be apart of teams and extracurricular clubs.
>You also need a good recommendation letter from a U.S representative or senator.
Good luck bitch. You're gonna need it.
>>
File: navy-officers-fuck-yeah.jpg (20KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
navy-officers-fuck-yeah.jpg
20KB, 380x253px
>>17444563
Fuck the Army. Getting your ass shot off in the desert so some white bread can drive his family around with cheap oil.

Go Navy. Live the 7 seas, fuck a different woman in every port.
>>
>>17444863
>Go Navy. Live the 7 seas, fuck a different man in every port.
FTFY
>>
>>17444863
Marine 0311 here. Sorry squid, we get dibs. You cucked into Navy tho, you should know better than that...
>>
>>17444905
>marine
>having to go on float with homos in their mobile cuckshed for 7 months

top kek

carriers are pretty cool for about 10 minutes though
>>
>>17444941
>implying a 20 year old faggot living at home knows anything about anything
>>
File: 1464044951456.png (739KB, 1407x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1464044951456.png
739KB, 1407x1325px
>>17444970
>implying im 20
>>
>>17444980
>implying age is the most relevant part of the statement
>>
>>17444563
>I appreciate the advice but I'm much more interested in the Army or the Coast Guard. Thank you

In that case I suggest Coast Guard but you already have your conception of what you think the Army is like and the CG stays full so you are likely going into the Army.

I suggest you ask Army folks what the real deal is in any specialty you consider AND which to fucking avoid at all costs. Ask what to look for in a career vs. which specialties get dumped during Force Shaping. (Manning is cyclic and "the mission comes first".)

Every prospective recruit should know what sucks just as they need to know what is good.

There are plenty of Soldier forums. Use them.
>>
>>17445020
>implying i give a shit about statements on 4chan

i suck dicks have two vaginas and regularly bark and small children
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.