[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loss Prevention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1467945468993.jpg (23KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
1467945468993.jpg
23KB, 630x354px
I want to respond to a job for a security position. The only problem is they prefer experience. I figured i would lie and say I worked in loss prevention at wal mart.

If anyone has had a loss prevention job could you give me a basic run down of the daily duties? The only big question I've had that google couldn't answer is

>Do loss prevention employees detain shoplifters?

Some stores do, some stores don't apparently. I'm leaning toward wal-mart not doing this, but I'm not sure.

All answers appreciated!
>>
blah..blah...blahhhhhhhhh
>>
>>17444284

Lying like that on a job application isn't a great idea. They could so easily make a call to your "former employer" to ask about you
>>
Detain them as long as they're on your property. Some parking lots deem themselves public property. So you wont have authority once they leave the building. But, if you catch them in your building, with your merchandise, you can detain them.

Daily duties will probably be something along the lines of, time in the field. I.E. blending in, looking for thieves, basic security patrol, and some time in the LP room viewing cameras, and trying to find trends with thieves that haven't been caught yet.

Warehouse security sucks and I wouldn't suggest it. Pay is always shit. Retail stores pay better and are usually an in house company, not third party. If it's third party, you'll probably get treated like shit, and have way more bullshit to do. If it's in house, you'll have more freedom and get paid better.
>>
>>17444317
Awesome, how often to police get called, and who is responsible for filing paperwork and giving a statement to the cops. Assuming I'm just the entry level security guy would I have those responsibilities?
>>
>>17444338
If you're the one who apprehended the suspect, you'll have to do your fair share of paperwork, talk to the police if your company decides to press charges in the scenario, and you'll probably have to testify in court a few times.

Police will be called anytime the company wishes to press the charges, usually if it's not their first time, or if the property is over $20. I think that's how Walmart did it.
>>
>>17444343
You're a good man
>>
Bait.so much bait xD
>>
Don't use anything as a weapon, don't use handcuffs, don't use tazers, unless your policy and security level clearly state your permission on the item.

But, you can defend yourself in a confrontation inside the building. But most the time, restraining them in some way or another, and violently shoving them into a wall, or the ground are more than enough, and look better on camera than swinging punches.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.