[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I resub to World of Warcraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: WoW.png (1MB, 779x580px) Image search: [Google]
WoW.png
1MB, 779x580px
28 yrs old
Good looking
Extreme shyness, social anxiety, doormat personality.
Waiting to be hired, working on self improv.
Find myself bored, depressed, restless, wanting to do something right away - 24/7
Spend my whole day day dreamin on bed (college starts in 20 days).

Will WoW be a good idea to resub? spent like 4 yrs of my life on it, but back then I was going through some shit so it helped me out alot actually - probably saved me from insanity.

I am thinking I can start using my mic and work on my speech (I have a speech impediment because of bullying). What you guys think? or should i just focus on getting that jerb and get these skills there.
>>
Nah bro. I'm same boat. I played from start of BC through Cataclysm, and again a little bit in Pandaria. But, it's never been worth it. The game doesn't play like it used to (pre-wotlk).

You'd be better off finding another game to play, but to be honest WoW does have a good amount of women gamers to talk to, which is a plus. But, I have a girlfriend so maybe that's why I'm less interested. ERP was great, RP servers are where it's at if you do play.

Moon Guard Rep!
>>
>>17444217
Played from Burning Crusade to Cataclysm. I'm going back for Legion, just to try things out.
>>
>>17444217
I personally found mmorpg's to be good for me in terms of giving me a goal- orientated mindset, my grades actually dropped in school after my parents made me cancel my runescape membership because they read newspaper articles about paedophiles using these games to contact kids.

On the other hand, another friend of mine has struggled with a WOW addiction for nearly 10 years, and at the age of 24 has finally got his life in order, getting a night job and taking night classes to improve his maths skills.

So basically, you have to decide for yourself based on how you think it will affect you. If you don't think you can stay in control, keep these games out of your life.
>>
>>17444217

Been playing WoW in a casual guild from vanilla. I pick up playing every expansion (a couple of months after it's brought out) and then I play for half a year or so. Sometimes I return for a month or two.

To me WoW is am excellent solution when I want a little focus in life when I feel I lack focus in other parts in life. It brings me relaxation and even a bit of confidence. Then again, I play casually and always have my old guild to return to.

My advice would be go find a nice, casual guild as well. One that's also active on the mic, so indeed you can practice the skills you mentioned before. If you want to improve by playing wow, stay far away from everything that feels like an obligation (dailies, grinds, etc.) and only grab what you enjoy (which might very well be new content and the social aspect of the game). Just leave when you're done (which for me, is usually in a month or two). And don't be afraid not to log in during weeks where you feel you have other stuff to do!
>>
>>17444217
Played from vanilla all through the first few months after cata came out, got pandaria like a year after it came out and played for 2 months, played wod for a month after it came out. I'm probably gonna play for a month or 2 when legion comes out but it's not the same, in my opinion it peaked at wotlk, I stopped playing regularly during cata because it just wasn't as good. I recommend buying 1 month and see if you still enjoy it. Now if blizzard decided to not be stupid and add legacy servers for vanilla and each expansion I'd buy a year right now but I guess they hate money or something.
>>
>>17444217

nah. pick up a creative hobby instead. if you find yourself at the end of the day having done decent work and still needing something stimulating more than TV, then and only then can you turn to vidyah.
>>
File: 1465040239990.gif (898KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1465040239990.gif
898KB, 280x210px
>>17444228
>Moon Guard
>>
>>17444217
Fucking hell OP.
I played from vanilla to WotLK, haven't played since early 2012, and resubbed yesterday.
I hate this specialization shit honestly, but oh well.
>>
>>17444217
I think getting a mic and working on your speech is a great idea! So re-subbing seems reasonable, as long as it isn't preventing you from getting a job and meeting people at college. Additionally, you should incorporate some exercise into your life, even if it is just walking, as this will improve your overall health and help with boredom and depression.
>>
As someone who played consistently since launch week of vanilla up until Cata, and then off and on since then, no you shouldn't.

Warlords was a total fucking mess, even more so then pandashit expansion. I'm also in the Legion beta right now, and Blizzard has NOT learned it's lesson from WoD.

Stay the fuck away, trust me. Especially if you're more into pvp, like I am.
>>
I like it. Its fun.
Much better if you can find a good guild. Although guilds seem to have a high active spot then just suddenly stop with no warning.
It certainly helps with some boredom issue but i found my problem being sometimes I was waiting for things so I could do them. If I was waiting for word orders to finish so I could use the materials to craft, or if I was waiting for raids to reset.
>>
>>17444217
I would not recomend this. This is coming from someone who is doing the exact same thing in a similar circumstance.

Im also 28 and my group of friends since im 15 drifted apart when everyone moved to the states. Originally i started playing WoW with them when they all went to a different university. After a few weeks they stopped playing but I kept playing because i was alone at home on weekdays.

I would go to classes, and then rush back home to play the game. I had little to no interaction with my classmates. I played for 4 years (early TBC). I stopped playing when they all graduated because they moved back home. Now a few years later a similar thing happened. 5 of them have moved away and i went back to play on Nost (dont care about the newer expacs). I have noticed that I went back to my old routine of doing my shit (job) and getting back home to raid or "hang out" with guildies. I have no social life just like back when I started playing the game.

OP dont do it. You will become a basement dweller with no social life.
>>
>>17445646
thats a sad tale man.
>>
It was a crippling time-sink then, and it still is now.

Don't resub to that horrible game.
>>
>>17444217
Join SWTOR instead.

And there's no I guarantee a front-facing job will improve your social skills. I have one and I'm still socially awkward. But there is a chance it can improve them, just don't expect miracles.
>>
>>17444228
>>17444228
Ivan???
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.