[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just hope she reads this, she uses this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: RMoEIr.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
RMoEIr.gif
2MB, 320x180px
So me and my girlfriend of 5 years split up 3 months ago or so and had been having a back and forth. The reason she left me was because my depression was growing and she was feeling so strained. I could understand...we both have our problems. We had made a promise to never up and leave each other but that was broken. Even though she told me she wanted to work it out, she changed her mind at least a few times. I have abandonment issues and this is my worst nightmare come true. I had been under a tremendous amount of emotional turmoil because I love this girl with all of my heart. I still do...After she had changed her mind yet again about us, I had lost it. I went overboard and was extremely suicidal. I almost jumped off of a dam, but I couldn't bring myself to it. In the end I threatened her life which is the only single act of aggression I've ever shown towards her in 5 years. She called the police on me and I was locked up in a mental ward for 4 days. Currently I'm in intensive therapy and I'm still having trouble accepting what I have done. The guilt and shame weighs on me every day. I had completely ruined any connection between us with this. She took me to court and has a 3 year restraining order against me. Despite her only wanting a year, her parents convinced her to try for 5 and we luckily brought it to 3. Now we go to the same school and I'm afraid of how I'm going to handle this situation. I don't know what it's going to be like to see her with another guy, I think about her every single day.

Fucking help me, I can't bring myself to get over her because she was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. But I know that she would never want anything to do with me again. How can I stomach something like that when I was ready to dedicate my entire life to us.

I don't know, I guess I'm just on here venting because I feel like I can't talk to anyone about this.
cont
>>
>>17443203
You need to get over her. I know it's not easy.

There are parallels between your story and mine, but once I saw that my ex was interested in other men besides me, that was it. I was more or less over her. It hurt like hell, but I'm okay now.

I was only holding on to her because I felt like maybe she still wanted to be with me, and I didn't want to burn the bridge completely by seeing/being interested in other women.

But she clearly isn't interested, so fuck it. I'll give my love to somebody else.

I don't really know what else to say but you do need to move on. Talk to new people, make new friends. Talk about it in past tense. It's not something that's still happening now - it's something that happened, and you're in a different place now.
>>
>>17443203
I just hope in some sense you read this, C...and please not take it horribly. I never got a chance to fully apologize for the things I said.

I have never thought I was capable of any of that. When you love someone so much, desperation makes you do stupid things. It's a shame that the punishment had to come this far but I also want to thank you for giving me my rock bottom. I have been trying very hard these past few weeks to better myself in therapy. I have realized a lot of things that were issues that I never gave any thought to. I still miss you and everything we had. I don't know why I am so self destructive and created this situation. Maybe it was my way of stopping the back and forth from happening again. Either way, I think about the pain I caused you and it brings me to tears every time. I would give anything to be able to say sorry to you in person.

Just...god damn...sorry can not even begin to explain how I feel. There are no words for these intense emotions I feel when I think about everything that has happened. You might not ever see this but who cares. This is as close as I'll get to being able to give you some apology.

I said the meanest and rudest things to you when all you were trying to do is figure what you want. It's hard to accept the rejection of me when I've had nothing but acceptance from you. I don't think I was wrong in trying to mend our relationship, who wouldn't try to do that if they truly care about someone? I'm so god damn sorry for making you so scared. I feel like a complete monster and it makes me want to kill myself. I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt someone as badly as I did you. You are so sweet and innocent and we grew so much together. Aggressive love is hard to control because I want nothing more than to be in your arms again.
>>
>>17443215
Thank you, anon. I have been trying to talk to other people and become more social because I am very spaghetti filled. Although I have only been met with severe disappointment. Girls are so very mean...
The main problem is that I will be dealing with the consequences of one mental breakdown for 3 years now. It only makes it worse that we go to the same college.

I'm starting to develop panic attacks just thinking of the situation at hand.
>>
Hey OP,
I know where your coming from, I'm in a strangely similar place. I said some shit that I did not even realize I was capable of, it's this strange mixture of cyclic expectation of abandonment, fear, confusion, anxiety, and repressed anger. I was a complete mess for about 3 months, manic, anxious, just swinging up and down totally afraid of everything.

You have to realize it's over, you are not getting back with this person, ever, you should never see this person, that damage is done and you may never get closure from them, only yourself.

The other thing I've come to realize is I have had severe codependency issues developed over years and it had become an abusive dynamic, I know that's hard to hear.

On the real, do not violate the RO, if you do you can be charged with a variety of things on top of whatever they have on you now. No calls, no text, no mail, no contact, don't talk to her friends, none, they're all death.

There may be legal battles to come...

You can vent dude, I know this boat.
>>
>>17443234
she can't hear you now OP,
welcome to restraining order land.

The only person you have to make peace with now is yourself, and start walking back towards recovery.
>>
>>17443203
You sound like a trainwreck bro, dunno why you think this girl isn't better off without your ass
>>
>>17443329
Thanks for the advice. Basically we are alike. I'm noticing a lot of the same things about myself. I don't think if she ever left me I would have probably killed myself because I wouldn't seek help.

Trust me, I already know what not to do. It's a consent order but doesn't change the repercussions.

>>17443372
TY

>>17443390
Because she is just as big of a trainwreck as me. Although she doesn't fully realize her own situation. I may be depressed as fuck but I still gave everything I had for her for 5 years. I was almost constantly broke, gave extreme emotional support when she was suicidal, encouraged her to become an artist when her entire family was telling her otherwise. We have had a lot of great things together. She could be better off because she doesn't have to feel responsible for me but I know I'm a great guy otherwise. A mental breakdown doesn't define me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.