[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting a stable job to get ahead. One step backward, two steps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ahhhh.jpg (11KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhh.jpg
11KB, 250x221px
>be 28
>be obese kv
>want to turn life around
>have incredibly boring, stable job pays 30000
>cant even improve life at work because all ppl i work with are middle aged women with kids and im the youngest
>want to improve life, lose weight get into hobbies
>stupid boring job leaves me super drained and i have no motivation to do ANYTHING, believe me I've tried
>i have 20k in the bank and can probably last 6 months on this easily in order to pay bills

what do i do? i just dont have the motivation, the drive when i get home from work. i speak with toxic people. fat white women. already old people. i cant make friends at work. i have no friends and speak to no one my age.

but the stability is amazing. i could literally be there my whole life. i make about 30k and do almost nothing but browse 4chan all day.

thing is, its a random job i found from craigslist and there probably wont be anything else like this, as im a lib arts major and have no real skills. but i want to start my life over, and i cant start working somewhere else as a fat fuck with no confidence, i need to at least be presentable. but i wont get that way at the rate i'm going.

thoughts?
>>
You really shouldn't quit your job, even when you feel drained you should just force yourself to follow your goals/work on hobbies. Learning to balance work and life is one of the most important things you can learn because you'll hopefully always have a job, and any job will drain you to some extent. Don't allow yourself to just sit and watch TV, fucking force yourself to start doing shit after work
>>
>>17442680
1. Force yourself to exercise
2. Look for a hobby outside of the computer
3. Learn to cook healthy meals for yourself
4. Look for another job
>>
>>17442680
You sound like such a fucking bitch, op. You have the fucking nerve to complain about dicking around on 4chan all fucking day? And getting paid at the same time? That's exhausting? Dude I work a fucking labor job at a warehouse and come home dead fucking tired everyday and I still force myself to draw everyday and go to the gym. Fucking toughen up
>>
Stay in that job.

The reason you're exhausted is because of your weight.

I have an older brother who weight 320 lbs. He's fat and gets exhausted by simply going up the stairs.

So with that in mind, go to the gym an hour a day. And try to eat healthy. Mostly chicken and vegetables.

But don't quit your job. If it's that stable, then stay. You have to work through the exhaustion to get better.

Don't quit. You're in a good spot.
>>
>>17442737
Also fucking this OP.

Some of us are in the military and I work repairing and remodel apartments. I come home exhausted and full of bruises.
>>
thank you everyone.... i will be staying and working through. its not like i have anything better to do.
>>
File: 1469823053741.jpg (321KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469823053741.jpg
321KB, 1280x720px
Anon do not give up a stable job.

You are just making up shitty excuses when you really need to kick yourself in the ass.
You think changing jobs will do anything for you or give you motivation?
Nope even if you were a neet who got 100k a month for scratching your ass you would probably find some shitty excuse on why not to do anything.

Heres some adv
>Kick yourself right up the arse and stop being a give up faggot complainer
>Enroll in a fitness class that will teach you the basics of cadio and lifting
>Nobody will laugh at you since everyone has to start somwhere
>You will probably make friends from the classes too
>Eat a healthier diet but do not give up the food you like completely just learn to live with moderation.
>Once you know how to exercise properly, start going to the gym regularly.
>Get invested in other hobbies you like

Get off your large ass you fat fuck and do something about, do not sit around and pat yourself on the back and complain that it is too hard.
Do all the shit above and you will not regret it because it get addicting and makes you feel fucking good.
Stop being a fat loser who makes excuses because time flies, one day you will wake up and realize it is too late because your a hippo in a nursing home shitting his diaper.

Motivation is for weaklings, disciple is for gods.
>>
Motivate tourslf man, what i mean by this is start becoming self aware of your diet, watch a bunch of youtube videos on exercise specifically befores and afters.
Create a plan in your head that your going to start working out at the gym and taking photos, checking your weight dieting. And, who knows, you might just meet some nice peeps at the gym.
But you gotta do it. Even 1 push up or jus 1 sit up or just 1 5 minute run will make anhuge difference to the way you feel.
If you don't feel comfortable running bc embarrassed... Then run at night.
Good luck!!
>>
You need a plan. Planning is critical. (1) Do not quit job yet. Instead of browsing here all day, use to make plan. (2) Go out and buy nice note book; one with a lock/closure of some kind. If not your thing use computer, but make sure you do not leave open for anyone to read. This is your planning book. (3) Spend the next week describing you perfect day. When you get up, what you do what you look like wearing etc in detail and your ideal job situation describing what you are doing by the moment - not your ideal job title. All of this can be hard - so do opposite if stuck - describe what would be a day from hell or work environment from hell. Will help make figuring out what you want easier. (4) Spend next week breaking down into "to do"; like to look like this I need to lose x lbs. I will lose two pounds a weeks over 2 years. I need to stop or I need to do this habits etc. Prioritize changes/steps - which one will make biggest impact? Which one can be done only when other habits are changed etc.(5) each month focus on two habits to change and do those for 30 days Ex. I need to give up sugary drinks and focus on that one thing to change. Research best way to lose/gain that habit (tons on web) next month change something else while keeping other changes in place. Do not overwhelm self with 5 changes in a month. (6) if you fall off wagon, do not be hard on self - start again next day.If you keep falling off, ask yourself - do I really want this or is society telling me I want this? Or maybe you just need new approach. (7) It took you 28 years to get here it will take time to change it. You can change but make it realistic. Also, your goals will change and that's okay! You can not be same person forever. (8) Still not working? Go to MD and get eval for mild/moderate depression or other conditions. Executive Functioning (aka "will power") is a muscle that has to be built up and can be exhausted. There are conditions that hamper its best performance. Best Wishes
>>
>>17442680
>Motivation is for weaklings, disciple is for gods.
Not OP here, but another fat anon. Thank you for this and saying this will now be my morning routine.
>>
Ive quit god jobs with no regrets. it got me a nice wife but Im still not very happy career wise.
>>
File: 1.png (444KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
444KB, 500x428px
If you don't have any inkling of what you'd do next OP I suggest stay in that job until you know what direction you want your life to head in.
Try checking on craigslist in the platonic m4m section or something.
Motivation doesn't just come to you. You just gotta batten down the hatches and do it. It sucks so much but in the end it'll pay off.
>>17442737
>>17442747
OP is here for advice not to get berated just cause people don't have it as good as him
>>
Take a vacation. You probably just need a break.
>>
>>17442680
Try to get some vacation first, 2 weeks to recentrate yourself and having time to think
>>
>>17442942
Thank you, this is amazing stuff. Ive thought about most of this but I didnt really know HOW to do all of this. Thank you for the outline

Thnks for the advice everyone you all really have been great, from the motivatiom advice to the insults. It all works we all work differently.

I appreciate the time youve all taken. I am going to make that plan and power through, and possibly just ask for two weeks off because ot is certainly turning into a grind, especially the social aspect of the job. I dont like anyone there at all. They are all good people but not for my sanity.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.