[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not cheat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Cheating.jpg (122KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Cheating.jpg
122KB, 1024x682px
I know /adv/ (and everyone in general, really) hates cheaters, and I haven't cheated on my boyfriend or anything, but I feel worried that I will. My first few boyfriends when I was a lot younger cheated on me and I feel like it sort of shaped how I view relationships, and I get the urge to cheat now - maybe in a 'if I do it first I won't get hurt when he eventually does' kind of way?

I'm not sure what I'm asking specifically, does anyone else feel the same way? How do you deal with it?
Or on the other hand, for those of you who are in trusting, committed relationships, how does it feel? Like what does it feel like to not even consider being with other people? Or do you consider it but just know you would never act on the urge/thought?
>>
I've never considered being with other people even though a couple of my formative relationships ended with the other cheating (learned I was the side fuck in my first real relationship when they disappeared. Learned later that they got married and I was the "experiment" to see if they were ready to commit).

I was very suspicious and jealous at the beginning of my current relationship, but I eventually saw how my suspicion was hurting them and eventually just came to the conclusion that if I'm the best partner I can be and they still cheat then that's on them. After a while I stopped worrying about them cheating and just accept that they are in for the long haul (getting married in January after dating for 5 years).

I think being with someone for a long time, or dating with the explicit intent to eventually marry, staves off urges to cheat. The goal is to be with only them, so you don't plan on seeking others out. If you're not ready to be committed then I think that people are more likely to cheat.
>>
>>17442526

Cheating is a habit, like anything else. Its a form of escapism for people that want commitment, just not the actual commitment part.

The key to committed relationships is not never considering being with other people but understanding that trust, integrity and the well-being of your partner is more important than a quick hump with some asshole who doesn't even care about you.

As adults we spend our entire lives rectifying the things we want to do with the things we know are right.

You can't spend the rest of your life punishing your boyfriends for the shit your ex boyfriends did when you were younger. Get into the habit of justifying cheating and lying now and you'll reside yourself in your older age to never feeling safe and secure in a relationship.

You'll spend your entire adult life running from relationship to relationship, never settling into a home in fear that it will be someday taken away. You hurt someone, they hurt you, you move on. Its a very sad existence.

Commitment is not jumping in a pool. Its a constant decision that you make every day. Its not being sure but trusting anyway. Its cutting yourself open and trusting the person you're with not to tear your guts out. If you don't take the risk, you'll never get the reward. There's no way around that.

If you have a habit of only dating guys that cheat on you then there's something wrong with you emotionally and you should seek therapy.
>>
>>17442526
I was cheated on twice and the poor guy I dated next got punished for it when I cheated believing it would happen again and like you I would do it first. I felt even worse and I hurt a decent guy because of my own selfishness. I stayed single for 4 years before I trusted myself enough to make a good choice, was willing to commit to one guy and respected them and myself enough.
>>
Heres a simple idea. If youre not capable of not cheating dont go into a relationship.

Keep yo ragged pathetic ass indoors and fuck yourself over rather tham others.

Cheating is a selfish act.
>>
>>17442526
I'm surprised you feel you're more tempted to cheat, especially if you know of how painful it is from the perspective of the person being cheated on.

I'm in a nearly 4 year relationship, and we're very long distance, a scenario in which most people would say that cheating is much more likely. But no, I've never really felt the urge to do so. I guess I see it as the relationship being this thing, this endeavour, that I've put a massive amount of time and effort into. Me cheating would just be throwing that all away. Basically, the consequences of cheating are vastly larger than any potential "gain" from cheating, so there's really no reason to do so. That's from an entirely logical perspective, though.

Emotionally, I've just never been tempted by anyone other than my girlfriend. And it doesn't "feel" like anything, it just feels normal to me, I've never felt differently. If I felt a constant urge to cheat, I'd probably consider why that urge exists in the first place, and if my partner is not fulfilling some need I have in the relationship. But that's just me, and might not be the thought process of all individuals.

And physically, yes, I've found other people attractive. But that's where the logical reasoning comes into play.
>>
I believe that if you cheat on your boyfriend he has a right to beat you. Then again even if you don't cheat on him you sound like a slut so he should beat you anyways
>>
>>17442915
nice b8
>>
>>17442645
In my experience it stems from being afraid to fully devote yourself to somebody again. If you give yourself to somebody completely and they cheat on you, it really gives you a cynical outlook on relationships where you feel like you're replaceable. People tend to hurt others when they themselves are hurting. They are afraid to be vulnerable and give themselves to somebody so they always have this small mistrusting voice in the back of their head saying "look out for yourself, don't trust them. Be selfish and protect your heart, put yourself first" because they're afraid of being hurt again.
>>
Cheating only begins when you have a lack of self control.
If you have any respect for yourself you'll realize it just paints you as easy.
>>
I've never had the urge to cheat even though I have had multiple opportunities. That is until recently idk what happened but me my wife and our best friends they are a married couple as well and we have all been friends for years. Me and my buddies wife have been getting closer and closer and I don't know why it literally just happened. I don't think oh wow she's hot and go flirt with girls or anything but we were hanging out one day and we just ended up holding hands and one thing led to another and it actually felt so natural that I don't even feel bad. I know this is disgusting but I can't convince myself that it is wrong. My wife is suspicious and I feel like she knows and isn't really mad which is weird because she is a super good girl we were each others first and only sexual partner. And she always tells me that my buddy is being weird around her so she's not being cool cause she's secretly cheating on me to.
>>
>if I do it first I won't get hurt when he eventually does' kind of way?

what a shitty retarded idiotic fucking fucked contrived gay shitty thing to say fuck you fucking shitty slut cunt go fuck yourself.

It is so fucking simple not to cheat on someone. You can't do it by accident, your pussy doesn't have a mind of its own and wanders off into the night in search of cock while you're asleep

someone cheated on you so you're going to treat your next boyfriend like he's just another scumbag. and cheat on him because you want to get back at your ex's because you were too vapid to give them an incentive to stay. If this is causing you so much stress then break up with him if you can't trust him, or yourself. bringing your fucking baggage into the relationship you should feel ashamed
>>
>>17443470
this anon gets it, fuck you OP
>>
>how not to cheat

step 1- keep your fucking legs closed
step 2 - turn on your fucking brain and quit rutting like a fucking animal
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.