[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What self defence should i learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: What to do....jpg (2MB, 2520x1800px) Image search: [Google]
What to do....jpg
2MB, 2520x1800px
So,i'm thinking of doing Kick-boxing because it sounds easy to learn and looks like it'd be good in self defence.But the internet tells me other wise and says Karate is better for self defence.I want something easy to learn that i can learn from the internet that's good for self defence.Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>17442404
Rule of thumb - if there is no contact it is not a viable form of self-defense
>>
>>17442406
that doesn't answer my question
>>
>>17442404
I found a combo class of jujitsu, karate and judo helpful. Teaches you effective self defense used by cops without the offensive applications. Essentially it means if you use it that you're guaranteed to have been defending yourself and won't end up on civil or criminal charges for assault.

Also, it's piss easy stuff. Punch deflection and knee to shin to ankle disables with a touch of forward throws.
>>
>>17442444
>martial arts
>the stuff they teach us is piss easy

I hope you don't ever have to test your 'skills'
>>
Krav maga
>>
muay thai and bjj
>>
Im no expert, but Ive heard Krav Maga is one of the best self defense systems. I think I read that it was developed by the israeli military, and its what most police officers have to learn.
>>
File: 1457465939350.png (99KB, 346x228px) Image search: [Google]
1457465939350.png
99KB, 346x228px
>>17442479
Have tested, succesfully, 4 times. I live in St Louis City man. Everyone who uses the metro here gets mugged eventually.

You're laboring under the mistaken assumption that your average assailant is a fucking ninja assasin. Most criminals are one part cunning to 2 parts muscle. I don't have to know how to run up a wall, catch a Kunai in my teeth and stop a sword with my bare hands all in one fluid motion.

Stomping the ankle, sweeping the shin, deflecting a punch or taking a knife and getting out of a bear hug is typically enough.

The best martial arts are simple, effective and easy, practiced and drilled to a reflexive action. Enjoy your pointless training on shit you'll never use.
>>
>>17442597
Do you carry your katana at all times?
>>
>>17442602
Bro, do you even read?
>>
Krav maga for every day self defence.

Muay thai for strong striking self defence (easy to learn)

Bjj if you plan on doing locks and shit to fuck them up.

Most martial arts teachers have dabbled in a few and teach viable things that differ from the traditional class.
>>
File: Vladimir Putin.jpg (34KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Vladimir Putin.jpg
34KB, 615x409px
Learn judo, throwing people looks awesome
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.