[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get the girl at work to leave me alone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: waffle.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
waffle.gif
2MB, 360x202px
I tried posting this before but I didn't tl;dr so no one read it.

tl;dr
My coworker and I used to like each other but I ruined it. Now I just want her to leave me alone.

27,m. I work at a very small company, just 4 people. One person is female and around my age. We didn't talk much at first, but after a few months it became apparent we liked each other. Not just "I want to fuck you," but actual feelings, the most powerful connection I've felt in my life.

As soon it seemed like something would go down, my life blew up (not related to my job/her), I was feeling/acting really shitty and obviously she changed her mind about me because when I finally started to feel like myself again, I asked her out and she said no.

I calmed down enough to not quit the next day. But the only way I saw myself staying was to mentally put up a wall, wear my headphones loud so I couldn't hear her, and only interact when I had to. She still tries to talk to me though.

How do I get her to stop trying? If we do have to talk about work, how do I get her to use email/slack as much as possible, instead of talking in person?

Already, whenever we interact I talk very quietly, don't make eye contact and use as few words as possible, I am especially careful to not make her laugh because hearing that makes me want to kill myself. But she is persistent.

I know a new job is really the solution, but this one is nice for me outside of this one (massive) thing. But if this keeps up and she doesn't leave me alone I don't think I can stay, even without having something else lined up.
>>
>>17442055

Jesus, man. You should be able to handle rejection a little better at 27, or don't ask out your co-workers in the future. You're not kids in a classroom anymore, you're both being paid to be there, you can't just freeze her out completely and expect things to be cool. Be a professional.

If you really can't handle it, you should give your 2 weeks notice and quit, before you create a problem and get yourself fired. And again, if you really can't control your emotions better than this, you should adopt a very strict "no romance with co-workers" policy for yourself
>>
File: 1444055744541.gif (2MB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
1444055744541.gif
2MB, 300x203px
>>17442072
I think you may have misunderstood me anon, the rejection isn't the problem, it's getting her to leave me alone that I'm struggling with.

In my last job, I had an altercation with a coworker - a guy, so it wasn't anything like this. The boss ruled in his favor, so the only thing I saw to do was not speak or interact with him beyond what my job required. It worked for almost 2 years, although it was a much larger company (30+) and we didn't interact as much as I have to in this job.

I think I am being professional, there hasn't been one instance I've failed to complete my job duties because I don't enjoy speaking with her. Similarly, after that shitty phase I mentioned my feelings are under control, I feel stable and clear headed.

I won't be fired, My job is too important and I'm too good at it. Famous last words? Yes.
>>
>>17442055
>27
> If we do have to talk about work, how do I get her to use email/slack as much as possible, instead of talking in person?
>I am especially careful to not make her laugh because hearing that makes me want to kill myself.

Those three lines... dude... you're 27... . Stop acting like a 17 year old.... at least be professional.

You're the one who's going out of his way to make things weird and making unreasonable and extraordinary impositions here, not her.

If I were your employeer and I noticed this stuff was going on, between you and her, you would be the one I'd get rid of.

Calm down, man up, learn to adapt, be mature and deal instead of running away.
>>
>>17442128

Why exactly do you want her to leave you alone?

You're fairly lucky, you acted like a bit of an asshole towards this person, probably asked them out in a weird way and now are still acting like an asshole for no apparent reason and this person is still kind enough to treat you nicely and want to be your friend.

I would consider counting your blessings and treating others how you would like to be treated.
>>
File: IMG_1410.gif (958KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1410.gif
958KB, 400x225px
>>17442144
>Why exactly do you want her to leave you alone?
Trust. I told her things in confidence that somehow made it around the office/she used for personal gain (what I think of work stuff, money). And that's just what I know about.

And still she wants to work on projects/business with me outside of the office? Okay.

>want to be your friend
It's like I said anon, the most powerful connection I've felt. I got sucked in. Normally I would never pursue a coworker especially at a job I like so much. She asked me out twice before I made any kind of indication. Of course when I tried I was feeling shitty and fucked up hard. So it goes.

>>17442135
I addressed most of this already, except

>You're the one who's going out of his way
How are my personal feelings towards someone in any way related to my ability to perform my job duties?

>be mature and deal instead of running away
Historically doing this has not been successful for me.
>>
guess which of the other two guys in the office she's fucking.
that'd probably make me feel a bit better knowing that person from a different perspective that her choice was fucking stupid and she is fucking stupid

i dont know about you but i wouldnt want to be with a really fucking stupid person, like if someone were genuinely mentally retarded would you want to date them? fucking stupid people are not really any different from being mentally challenged.
>>
>>17442055
Maximum autism/10

Stop being a little bitch.
>>
File: dog.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dog.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>17442749
I didn't 100% follow what you're saying, but she's not fucking anyone else in the office. She also isn't retarded.

>>17442758
I think if you'd taken the time to read the thread, you'd see that your reply is both uninformed and off topic. Or maybe that was the point.

In any case, enjoy your (You)
>>
>>17442055

Im confused, if you wanted to be with her initially and you guys had mutual interest in each other and then you acted like an asshole so she changed her mind, why cant you just go back to how things were and start from scratch? Why does her saying no when you're acting shitty around her mean you have to block her out of your life especially when you work together. You sound extremely immature, she is probably persistent because she wants what you guys had in the beginning.
>>
>>17443104
I didn't want this thread to turn into the relationship, I just asked about how to be left alone. But since you asked,

I have no interest in "how things were." I am not willing to forget all this and pretend it never happened. We need to talk directly , and since she's indicated she is only interested in me as a friend I have no motivation to do that myself.

My thinking is, if she confronts me like that I may have a shot, or we can talk about re building and not just burying and moving on. But I am totally fine with the current situation and the outcome that it's just over.

Like I said earlier, there are trust issues too.
>>
>>17443935
Do you actually know she spread stuff you said private around the office or are you only assuming? Cause right now I am with the others in saying to grow the hell up. Jesus where are you based so I can avoid working there in the future?
>>
File: image.jpg (844KB, 1200x2133px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
844KB, 1200x2133px
>>17443943
We talked about money and there was a whole office meeting about it where the boss flat out said she found out something from me that she had a problem with.

We talked about smoking pot and my boss is making jokes about it in front of me now.

This is still going on today. I'm the best at pushing people away and I still can't get it done. Fuck.
>>
>>17442055
yeah stay away from here she can now exploit and use you as an ego boost since you had feeling for her. let her know that you don't want to be her friend and that you only want to talk if it is business related.
>>
>>17443991
While that sounds bad, you stilll sound hopelessly immature. Leave if you must but your coping and handling of the situation is pretty childish. Also still wondering which country you are working in.
>>
>>17444031
>Op tells x something in private, having confidence in x
>X tells OPs boss a bunch of private shit
>Opie no longer wants anything to do with x
>"Y-you're being immature!"

Reconsider existing.

OT: You could confront her. Just sum it all up in a professional manner. "I'd prefer we kept our conversations to business and business alone, I find it inappropriate to do otherwise, especially after all that's been said."

Paraphrasing, of.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.