[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly just a question I couldn't get an answer for online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: now with pepsi sauce.webm (2MB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
now with pepsi sauce.webm
2MB, 716x402px
I've been applying to a lot of jobs out of state, the kind where an interview would have to be over skype or the phone. When I can, I make it clear that I'd handle all the relocation costs.

Since it's all entry-level stuff (recent grad fucking shit over here), are these jobs going to be less receptive since I'm not in the area? I'm already applying to jobs in this area, but if I want more success should I stop focusing on out-of-state ones?
>>
>>17441967
Entirely depends on the jobs you are applying for and what you have a degree in.

However, in general, if i were choosing between two individuals of equivalent qualifications: one in state and one 5 minutes away i would easily choose the person already in town as they have a higher chance of being stable, having lived here already.
>>
>>17441969
I wasted four years getting a BA in English, so it's only for the limited pool where that works

Still good to know, though. I'll focus more on areas around here and deal with being around my parents for more time, or take advantage of having friends that can refer me
>>
since its all entry level stuff i would say yes they will likely be less receptive.

that said i just did the same thing a couple months ago. went through a temp agency and set up a job before i moved, then quit that job for a better one pretty quickly.
>>
>>17441994
If I wanted to move to a city to be with friends, would you recommend going through a temp agency there?
>>
>>17442006
definitely couldnt hurt. they basically do the work of finding a job for you as long as you have some skills that fit what they have.

this may not be the case for you, but the agency i went through wanted proof of local address before they would give me a job. so if you're really serious you might need to find a place to live too.

if your friends will let you crash you can go look for places and visit whatever agency you work with til its all sorted out.
>>
>>17441974
Yeah and you should certainly always look for work everywhere, but mostly i meant it as food for thought to your question.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.