[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things to do with a girl in california

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: California_in_United_States.svg.png (524KB, 2000x1238px) Image search: [Google]
California_in_United_States.svg.png
524KB, 2000x1238px
So /adv/, I'm bringing over a qt from Arkansas to visit for a little over a week and I'm trying to think of things to do in California that someone from out-of-state might enjoy.
What is there to do? I'm in LA, near hollywood. Having lived in-state, I'm not really sure what touristy/fun shit there is to do
>>
native commiefornian here

LA is shit for romantic travel

theres disneyland
there all those studios

sorry not from la

Bay area is more parks
>>
>>17441978
Darn
We are already planning on going to the beach (she's never been) and going to hollywood for a bit etc, I guess I'll have to throw some movies etc in the mix

Why the hell do people come here on vacation anyway
>>
Night clubs: Be it from trans in hollywood to disco in echo park, you can find a dance club for just about anyone in LA county

Museums: Bowers, California discovery center, the Getty, natural history museum, the list goes on and on

Concerts/music venues: From small places like the whiskey a go go to massive, to grant halls like Disney Concert Hall, to outdoor picnic like places like the Hollywood bowl, there are tons of famous venues to enjoy

Brewery/winery tours: SoCal has the most microbreweries in america. Eagle rock and smog city, in LA. Stone and Belching Beavers in San Diego, Bootleggers and The Bruery in Orange county.

If you feel like an 8 hour drive, Napa and Sonoma but if that's too far, Temecula is only about 2 or 3 hours away (as a package you can hot air baloon in the morning, and wine tour in the evening)

Food: California is known as a giant melting pot and nothing proves that more than our food. Los Angeles is famous for it's vibrant food truck scene. KBBQ Tacos and Carne Asada fries are pretty unique to SoCal food trucks. Philipes is famous for being the home of French Dip. Coipinno is born of California . Hop on yelp, name a food type, find a restaurant (Burmese food is a new favorite of mine).

Theme Parks: Disneyland, Universal Studios, Sea World, Knotts, San Diego Zoo

Hiking: Hollywood sign, Mt Baldy, The bridge to nowhere (which you can also bungee jump off of), Joshua Tree, etc, etc, etc,. There are TONS of excellent hiking trails in California.

The Pacific Coast highway: It's known as one of the most beautiful drives in the country. Hop in your car, stop by a random town, enjoy the ocean.

Shopping: South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa and Del Amo Fasion Center in Torence are both in the top 5 biggest malls in the country

Beaches: Huntington Beach, Crystal Cove, Pfeiffer Beach (The only beach in the world with purple sand, but it's more norcal), etc

I literally hit the character cap before listing even half of what I could think of.
>>
>>17442013
>Night clubs
Regrettably we're 19 and 20- we can't get into clubs
>Museums
Great idea, the Getty is right by here

Thanks for the ideas m8ey
>>
griffith observatory is a nice spot
>>
I live in the Valley, and some of my favorite places to go are all of the museums and the like. There's the Getty, the Norton Simon, Huntington Library and Gardens (beautiful and so much to see), the Natural History Museum and the Science Center (right next to each other downtown, and they have a beautiful rose garden), Griffith Observatory (free and great views) and the LA Zoo along with other stuff all within Griffith Park, the La Brea Tarpits and LACMA (right next to each other, I think Tuesday might be free), the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Queen Mary. You could go to Universal Studios and City Walk.
>>
>>17442027

There are plenty of 18+ night clubs/clubs that do 18+ nights. Same as at concerts, they card everyone at the door and just give the 21+ people bracelets/stamps that they can show the bartender and buy drinks.
>>
>>17441944
Beach, Disneyland, choking on Socal pollution.

These are all fun things to do. I personally like staying in doors until our week of winter.
>>
>>17442187
>I personally like staying in doors until our week of winter.
I do that too but that doesn't sound like a good thing to do if shes' only here for a week
>>
>>17441944

>hollywood

muh neigborino, i live near the hollywood sign.

if you are looking for specifically romantic things to do, hollywood offers very little.

however you could take her to the pantages theater although a quick google search tells me they have nothing until the 30th for some reason.

harry potter land just opened, so it depends if she likes harry potter, but if she does, its an easy date. there are the general theme parks but they arent really romantic. depends on how romantic you go for.

earlier this year i wnated to take a girl on a big romantic date
>went down to the beach and walked around
>had reservations for a restaurant at sunset, over looking the beach
>50 dollar steaks
>then we went and rode the ferris wheel wehre i asked her to be my girlfriend
>bought her a rose on the pier
>paid a street musician to play 'just the way you are' by bruno mars
>take her down in to the sand by the pier and just danced there next to the ocean

it worked to say the least.
>>
>>17442012

sight seeing, which is kind of on a decline altogether. our generation really doesnt care about names on a sidewalk or buildings that have been there a long time.

if you take her to a movie take her to arclight cinemas dome near sunset and vine. tro to pre purchase seats to be in the front row of the upper level, its amazing.

bonus points if you can get a screening that allows alcohol or food, kind of an LA experience imo.

im trying to think of more but honestly my outings are 99% food and 1% dodgeball
>>
>>17442050

oh shit, go to the observatory and do one of their projector shows, thats amazing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.