[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recovering Alcoholic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: no-to-alcohol-w-660x330.jpg (25KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
no-to-alcohol-w-660x330.jpg
25KB, 660x330px
Hi. i stopped drinking six months ago now. not had a drop, i used to drink about 6 to 8 pint size cans a night, about 4 would super larger. also lots of whisky, wine, anything really, i was doing this for 7 years. very depressed and all that. i used some mild hash to help with stopping. i have smoked 2oz in this time and i used the last of it up yesterday. i have in this time developed an addiction to coffee and sugar( not too bothered about that), anyone know of
anything that could help me at this stage?
i can talk more about what made me stop drinking if anybody wants to know.
thanks.
>>
>>17441931
I am very curious to know how/why you stopped drinking.
>>
>>17441931
i quit a year ago as well. i wound up in the ER and that was the wake up call i needed to stop finally.

went cold turkey on all drugs including coffee. except now ive got meds from the doctor for anxiety which are pretty damn good. gotta be careful with those.

why did you quit?
>>
>>17441952
Ok i often had bad hangovers and did stupid regrettable shit when drunk. one night i started drinking at about 3 in the afternoon ( normal for me then) and just kept drinking more and more, faster and faster. i was on a death ride. going way over anything i had done before. 3 bottles of wine, half a bottle of whisky, bottles of cider, loads of cans. i just could not stop. i don't know how long i stopped up for that night. The next day my room was trashed, i had red paint everywhere, all over my body. my laptop screen was cracked and still on and i saw a video i had made. it was very VERY upsetting. i was saying to the cam that i was going to kill my self, holding a meat cleaver to my throat and crying. with my face painted red. in the video i was laughing then crying, i had totally lost it. so after seeing this i felt lower than i have ever felt before. and that's not all, i was used to hangovers. but i swear to god i was dying of alcohol poisoning. i could feel my life fading. at that point i stood up and said i would never drink again.
>>
>>17441992

But you could have a drink and nothing bad would happen. You've been good. Just one wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>17441976
i have bad anxiety also, which was the reason for me starting drinking. but would never take meds.
>>
>>17442015
You think That's funny?
>>
>>17441992
Holy fuck. You are a brave soul to put that all behind you.
>>
>>17442039

I think it's funny unless you've been in the rooms. Otherwise I'm trolling for those soon to think what I've posted is a legit....

oh wait... you bit. which 12 step are you a part of? AA?
>>
>>17442045
Thank you. hearing that helps.
It was dark, the weeks running up to that night were very dark also, a lot of suicidal thoughts. I was trying to chat up girls in bars blind drunk ( i have very bad anxiety around girls) remembering what a fool i had made of my self the next day and holding a knife to my wrist and saying " i don't speak, I don't look" over and over. But all thats in the past now. im 26 now btw, i stopped drinking just before my birthday this year.
>>
>>17442078
you'll drink soon.
>>
>>17442082
it's me... look bro -- stopping is just one part. If you don't excise the demons that made you want to get as drunk as you say you did? You'll drink again. Soon enough. Most people that drink that hard had emotional reasons for it... if you don't deal with them and understand why you used alcohol? --- you'll be at the bottle soon enough.
>>
>>17442061
Ok, your trolling, great, well done.
>>
>>17442095
see
>>17442092
>>17442082

Just trying to help.
>>
>>17442092
Yea that's true. i know why i was drinking, and i am working on sorting out the problems in my mind. in fact im getting better at it. i have learnt a lot. i have learnt that we choose to feel the way we do, our response is our free will. i can choose to feel the way i want. It is possible to control your own mind,
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.