[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (64KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 480x320px
I'm going on a 5 day camping trip and have been just informed that the 7 people going are all sleeping in a 10 person tent. If my girlfriend and I like more privacy for things like changing and obviously sleeping, would it be rude to bring my 3 person tent for her and I? She said that the last time the trip happened, and for a smaller amount of days, that they only just managed to all fit.

I like my space and privacy. Am I being rude? Or should I suck it up?
>>
>>17441758

have you considered just asking? generally no, its not considered rude. just say 'hey is it cool if i bring a seperate tent for me and my gf?

that being said, laying in piles is half the fun of going camping. it bonds you in ways you dont expect.
>>
>>17441762
The people I'm going with are not people I want to be laying in piles with. They are my girlfriends friend group, I'm only close with one of them.
>>
Why would you all sleep in one tent anyways? That's fucking gross with so many people in an enclosed space. It's perfectly natural for people camping in a large group to bring separate tents for couples etc, I don't see why this would ever be a problem
>>
>>17441758
take your own tent if you want, I would
>>
A 10 person tent is a gigantic fucking tent.
Unless you're camping in a field, you'll probably need to book a separate campsite for yourself as well.

Obviously if you want to change, people will leave you alone in the tent. As for sleeping, who cares? It's like a big sleepover. If you really don't like it, then sure bring your own tent, it's not rude. But you might have no where to put it.
>>
>>17441841
It's not as big as you think. I can guarantee you. 7 people worth of stuff for 5 days and then sleeping inside the thing. It's only like 17" by 9".
>>
>>17441869
Thats a tarantula tank. Get your booger hook off the shift key.
>>
>>17441758
No you shouldn't feel like you're are being rude as long as you are honest with whoever is bringing the supplies about your desires for privacy.

But make sure there is room to place it

Also 10 man tents have a huge amount of room. With only 7 in there you will be far from piling on one another and more than enough room for there to be gaps between sleepers.
>>
>>17441869

Tents are for sleeping not storing shit. If it is a camp site they'll have the car to keep things. If backpacking, most of your food will be dangling from a tree at night anyways.
>>
>>17441888
This guy is bitching about sleeping with 10 people in a 17'x9' space, I'm guessing he's not backpacking.
>>
>>17441901
I'm not backpacking. I'm used to pitching up a tarp over a rope and sleeping by myself is all, not with 6 other people who aren't the cleanest of people in an enclosed space during August heat. What's wrong with bitching over that. I'm also in the dark completely because as I said, I have only slept by myself camping before as I like my personal space and privacy
>>
>>17441919

Just bring your own tent if you've got one, it's not rude, that's really all there is to it.
>>
>>17441901
good point lmfao

>>17441919
just keep the opinions about the uncleanliness of your camp buddies to yourself and you wont offend anyone.
>>
>>17441919
Bring your own tent if its that big a deal. I still gotta wonder why you said yes to this in the first place, though.

Camping with people you don't know well is bad news. I once had a 14 day trip ruined because some guy had a panic attack on day 2 when he saw I had a pistol.
>>
>>17441958
That's just pathetic. To clearify, I have been camping and have experience. I guess I'm just more on the private, introverted side and really would rather be either by myself or with my girlfriend in a tent
>>
No, it is not rude. In fact, the people in the big tent will be happy to have more room to sleep.

The only situation where it would be considered rude is if you are backpacking and need to cary everything on your back ("more weight is fine, right guys?") or if there is extremely limited space in the car.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.