[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a facebook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1470425663570.jpg (122KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470425663570.jpg
122KB, 1600x1200px
Hey. So I deleted my facebook a year ago. I found it too distracting/addictive/too much information. I've been considering making one again. Why? Well, I go out and meet people. Sometimes you don't exchange contact information with people. It is hard to maintain contact with acquaintances without facebook. It is not hard to do this with friends, you see them a lot or just text them.

What do?
>>
>>17441622

>hard to maintain contact with acquaintances

well yes. the question is, do you want to have acquaintances? i do not. i dont see the point in maintaining contact with people you dont want in your life. if they are gonna work in your life, they should be friends. if you dont see them regularly in some way, whats the point?

thats just me though, but facebook seems like a waste of time. if i like someone i make an effort to see them regularly.
>>
>>17441626
IDK, sometimes shit happens and an acquaintance becomes a close friend. Sometimes you make new friends, find new work, etc through an acquaintance.

I feel like most of my connections, I've made without facebook. But like 10% are from it. Some of them are important.

But you still have to consider the bad of facebook.
>>
>>17441634

maybe if i had facebook id be in a different place in life. but im pretty happy with where i am and i havent had one since 2012.

to each their own, but it seems weird to go out of your way to maintain something to talk to people you dont know all that well with the hope that a few may turn to something more.

OP, just get business cards made, pass em out to everyone you meet.
>>
>>17441635
"to each their own, but it seems weird to go out of your way to maintain something to talk to people you dont know all that well with the hope that a few may turn to something more."

Isn't that networking is though? Hmmm, that's not a bad idea either.
>>
>>17441637

it depends if you need to network i guess. like i said, ive made it just fine without having to have a facebook. anyone worth talking to can have your phone number.
>>
I seriously don't get any reason NOT to have one. Why? Do you feel like a special snowflake? It's a communication tool. You get out of it what you put in. Having acquaintances is useful. They might not be your best buddy, but it's someone amicable that lets you network, get introduced to cute girls, etc.

You don't need to sink your time into it, just check it every once in a while.
>>
>>17441686

>he cant even meet girls without the help of strangers on facebook

holy fuck that autism, how does that even work? you just got multiple strangers saying
>hey remember that anon guy i met like, once? i should set you up with him! hes got special needs, but you're a trap, so it should balance out.
>>
>>17441704
I feel like facebook is a good secondary source of being social, not a primary source.
>>
>>17441704

>he doesn't understand that knowing multiple people helps you meet more people

Jesus fuck, you're the goddamned autist here.
>>
>>17441622
create a facebook, but stop following people you don't want to hear about, so they won't appear on your feed.
>>
Personally, I fucking hate facebook. Its a huge waste of time. Anyone I care about has my number, and anyone I network with professionally has my email. If the volunteer org i work for didn't communicate primarily through FB i would have deleted mine years ago.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.