[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lamictal nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: night_terrors_by_urchina-d44mlre.jpg (382KB, 1600x2286px) Image search: [Google]
night_terrors_by_urchina-d44mlre.jpg
382KB, 1600x2286px
So I've been diagnosed with ADHD and Depression. I currently take:

Adderall 20mg
Abilify 2.5mg
Prozac 20mg
Lamictal 25mg

Just started the lamictal. I'm not bipolar but the psych thinks it'll help with my intrusive thoughts but I had the absolute worst dream last night with a skinny fleshy creature with a witch's face. When it turned and looked at me I felt so much fear that I was thrown out of dreaming mode at 6am and my girlfriend had to hold my hand. Should I quit taking this shit or what?
>>
>>17441039
Don't just go off it by yourself, call your doctor and discuss it with them. If they're worth a shit they'll discuss it over the phone.
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>17441043
100% this and only this. I was a fucking retard and went cold turkey on my anxiety meds, and I thought I was going to die. Night terrors, sweating so bad the bed was soaked. Never. Again.

Your doctor doesn't know what you don't tell them. What works for one person won't for another. Communicate with him/her that what they first suggested is not working.
>>
>>17441039
This dream might be completely unrelated, bad dreams just do happen anon.

Try to continue taking the meds untill you can definitely say that they are making things worse, not better.
>>
Your already lost... drugs have opened the door, now the demons have come through..say your prayers
>>
>>17441426

Wat
>>
I don't think one night is enough to tell for sure if the drug is not good for you

I stopped taking remeron because it made me extremely hungry and irritable, basically the pill from pacman. I had to give it a fair shot. The dreams were weird at first, but the dreams pretty much cleared up after a week.
>>
>>17441039
Talk to you pdoc first
Lamictal really shakes your brain up when you first get on it. Plus it's an antipsychotic, pretty strong stuff for depression and anxiety.

Talk to your doctor, and soon
>>
>>17442991

Woke up at 5am. Vivid dreams but no nightmares this time. I think its actually starting to work already
>>
>Lack a bit of focus and be mildly sad
>get immediately put in 4 different drugs

Fucking Americans kill yourself
>>
Stop taking this shit and deal with your depression, you're feeling LOW, fear is blocking your PATH, in order to release it you need to understand that FEAR is a concept of the human mind and it is not REAL! The legal drugs are the worst ones because they fuck you up royally
>>
>>17441039
First, you should talk to your doctor. Stopping an anticonvulsant cold turkey is asking for a seizure. Thats not a HUGE risk if you've been on it less than a month, but its still not a game worth playing.

There are two or three other anticonvulsants that could be tried which might not have the same side effects. Your doctor is the right person to address this with.

Second, if you have the access and means, get a second opinion. Right now you're on an SSRI, and antipsychotic, an anticonvulsant, and a stimulant. Thats a cocktail that works for some people, but its also a cocktail that a lot of people end up on because an inexperienced psychiatrist is chasing symptoms. You complained of ADHD so he put you on the first-line drug for it. He started you on Prozac when you complained about depression, added Abilify when the depression didn't break or when you had an odd new symptom either appear or become more significant, now you've got Lamictal for the intrusive thoughts (which Abilify really ought to be addressing). When I have patients who develop this pattern, don't have some pretty severe dysfunction to begin with, and aren't seeing significant improvement I start gently suggesting psychiatrists I know who are better.

Third, seek therapy. It doesn't sound like the drugs are cutting it.

>>17442991
Lamictal isn't an antipsychotic, its an anticonvulsant. I agree that its a pretty aggressive treatment for depression.
>>
>>17443895

Thanks for the response. I'm not too bad off the meds but am a bit reclusive and lack focus. I avoid interaction with others because its too draining and feels existentially pointless. This was made worse after mushroom and LSD usage. I agree the Abilify helps but again I'm only taking 2.5mg of it. The Prozac kills my sex drive.
>>
Anti depressants and anxiety related meds can definitely alter your dreams.

I've been taking Oxazepam (15 mg) for two weeks every morning and before bed as prescribed by my doctor, and my nightmares have been very vivid ever since I started. I also read on the pamphlet I got with it that bad nightmares can be a side effect of these kind of drugs, and Oxazepam isn't very strong compared to any of the stuff you're taking.

I'm going to talk to my doctor this week about it, you should mention it to yours too before stopping anything on your own.
>>
>>17443700
seriously... this shit reads like a bad comedy
most of this generation is going to have liver failure by their 40s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.