[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Addictive Happy Pills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 720px-US-NIH-NIMH-Logo.svg.png (31KB, 720x527px) Image search: [Google]
720px-US-NIH-NIMH-Logo.svg.png
31KB, 720x527px
Posted a few days ago but figured I repost

So I got put on Oxycodone for a few weeks due to getting my Wisdom teeth removed

What I noticed besides the pain dilution was that my depression went away completely

Now I'm not looking to get addicted to Oxycodone, but the depression I have makes everything hard to do. Any suggestions for medication?

And I don't care about becoming a zombie, feeling nothing and being able to work matters more to me than feeling needless anxiety over stuff that doesn't matter
>>
>>17440931
Painkillers help me with depression also. It sucks that oxy is so addictive and over time you have to keep increasing dosage.

I get hydrocodone for depression.

As long as your doctor is legit, just let him know. Once I took an oxy and I felt better mentally, I went to the doctor and inquired as to why.

He was like: "anon, you may just have adult adhd! i am going to place you on hydrocodone! it works the same as other medications for adhd and often works better in some patients! Here's 90 10mg hydrocodones!"

5 years. Still the same 90 tablets. Never once abused them. No real issues. I do blood work every 4 months and nothing has changed in that regard.
>>
>>17440944
So wait, do you take the pills, or no?
>>
>>17440944
Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>17440985
>Bull fucking shit.
You'd be surprised what basic research will show you. Connect the dots on cocaine, adderall, oxycodone and hydrocodone. What do they all have in common?

>>17440962
Yes. 1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner. "Still the same 90 tablets" meaning the prescription hasn't changed.
>>
>>17440944
>>it works the same as other medications for adhd and often works better in some patients!

your doctor is a retard, most ADHD meds are AMPHETAMINE-related, while oxy is obviously an opioid

>>17440931
If u dont care about zombification, just get on SSRI and benzos from a shrink
>>
>>17440997
>>Connect the dots on cocaine, adderall, oxycodone and hydrocodone. What do they all have in common?

they work on dopamine receptors

and thats literally all, you cant compare a dopamine high from cocaine to dopamine high from oxycodone, or heroin

there is much more to brain chemistry than "it releases dopamine" or "it inhibits X"
>>
>>17441011
Hahaha. You may be right amphetamines, but you clearly don't know how to search google for "hydrocodone depression treatment."

Hydrocodone/oxy contain thebain, it's only non-narcotic property, which increases focus. Likewise, hydrocodone relaxes and reduces stress, enabling one to focus. For others, hydrocodone would make tired, but for me I am alert, and can think clearly.

My doctor is far from a retard, you should go read some research papers, or hell, go read adhd/depression forums for fucks sake.
>>
You are obviously going to be addicted to oxy. You must not take it for depression.
>>
You are retarded OP. Enjoy getting black listed from restricted medications in the future.

t. health care professional.
>>
>>17441011
I've been on both of those for two years now. No zombification. Stop talking out of your ass if you haven't experienced it.
>>
>>17440931
Actual doctor here: >>17440944 is full of shit.

If an opiate helped with your depression and you're looking into antidepressants, you should be looking at NDRIs like Bupropion.
>>
>>17440944
Don't kid yourself. The pills mask the problem. If suddenly they weren't there to be taken, what would you do? God forbid you eat healthy, exercise and actually take time to work on yourself....
>>
>>17441104
You're a terrible doctor if that is true and you should be stripped of your credentials.

Opiates have been used not only the U.S., but all over the world to treat depression, anxiety and other issues unrelated to pain. If not for mu-receptor tolerance issues and increased doses to maintain a standard of well-being, opiates would be THE go-to drug to treat almost all of these conditions.

As it stands, Alkermes is still trying to develop ALKS-5641 which is 100% opiate based. Additionally, Watson is working on an opiate based antidepressant based on Tramadol, too.

The problem isn't opiates not working for some of these conditions, it's the fact that it kills so many people overtime due to unsustainable tolerance levels.

Source: real doctor
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.