[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1469394685293.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469394685293.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
I'm 23 years old, no work experience, a highschool dropout but working towards my diploma in a adult high school diploma program.

I've never done volunteer work, is it possible to still write a resume that isn't empty outside of my name and how I'd be a diligent and hard worker? Should I even bother making a resume and just hope the manager will give me a chance via an interview? I'm just looking for part-time/full time work.
>>
Please help
>>
>>17440813
get an entry level job or internship and start volunteering

bam resume
>>
Opie why did you drop out? Yes high school sucks but it's easymode compared to actual jobs. It's just something we all have to endure though it fucking sucks
>>
>>17440841
It was technically my choice when I decided not to show up to classes and be lazy, but the school is the one that decided I should be removed and put into a different education program, since I wasn't gonna make it with my current credits. It was a poor choice, but now I'm working towards rectifying it.
>>
>>17440839
Yeah I suppose its pretty simple when you put it that way. I'll just have to stop being anxious and pursue that.
>>
>>17440813
So, with your current options (no high school , no college) the main type of jobs that will be open to you are entry level positions at retail or fast food restaraunts. For these types of jobs, for the most part, a resume isn't required. Just go in looking confident,well dressed, and express that you're a hard worker and a fast learner. This is what will get you your first job. In tandem with this, you should find a church or organization you can volunteer some time with each week.you do this for two reasons: you add to your resume and if you do a good job you can add a reference or two to your resume as well.

Then just keep working away at the job if you're happy where you're at. I personally would recommend finishing high school then moving on to community college or a trade sxhool.
>>
File: 1470147685395.png (447KB, 577x560px) Image search: [Google]
1470147685395.png
447KB, 577x560px
Lie.
Yes you've volunteered. How can they prove not?
You've already graduated too. They won't ask to see your diploma. Hell you even have some college but had to drop out for more stability. Plus you've done the type of work you are applying for. Years of experience in every field.
>>
You can use the CV search tools on job sites, it's the Plenty of Fish tier of employees and you'll find a lot of no-skill resumes to look at.

I don't know if you're interested in being competitive in life or making lots of money, but if you are you need to realise it's a knowledge game now. People who have grown up lazy and complacent because they were born in developed countries with all their basic needs met are going to get absolutely smashed by globalisation.
>>
>>17440876
Thank you, this really helps a lot and helps me set some clear goals, I'm way less anxious now.

>>17440864
Thank you as well, I am aware of that. Its why I'm trying to fix myself up and be a more responsible, hardworking adult.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.