[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I express gratitude for others?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ignoring.jpg (38KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
ignoring.jpg
38KB, 400x266px
I learned that people love compliments. I feel bad for not complimenting enough when people deserve it. And worst is when I don't compliment 100%, I say other nitpicky things...How do I show real gratitude for everything people do? I don't want to manipulate people but I think I enjoy it when they like compliments, even if they don't show I don't know anyone who dislikes a sincere compliment (not a fake one used just to flatter them)
>>
Speak words at them
>>
>>17440489
Yes but how do I make the words?
>>
>>17440495
With your brain and mouth, expressing what you're feeling.
>>
>>17440485

Your post struck a chord with me. Is the problem insincerity? I too have trouble complimenting people, but for me, it's from growing up receiving very few, if any, sincere compliments myself, as well as having been depressed for so long that I don't have many positive or negative opinions on things anymore, which has combined to make it rather hard for me to identify complimentary features of people, and makes the idea of compliments and gratitude rather alien to me.

As an exercise I've been trying to give one genuine compliment a week, so perhaps try that?

>>17440495
>Yes but how do I make the words?

Find something you like about the person and tell them that you like that thing. In theory, that's how it works. I have trouble with this step as well, like I said above. If you also have trouble with it, well.... keep at it. I've had no luck so far, but maybe I will, and maybe you will, too.

tl;dr: if the problem is insincerity, then just pick a thing you like and say you like it. If you can't, try anyway, and maybe it'll eventually work!
>>
>>17440485
Just keep it short and to the point and smile.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.