[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding money for Uni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>Want to get my bachelors in Biochemistry
>Always had above average grades in school
>Got lazy my senior year and decided not to worry about uni

Fast forward

>21, part time job, doing absolutely nothing
>Live with grandparents, my 3 uncles, my mom and two brothers
>My mom lives off food stamps, and my grandparents are retired
>I absolutely want to go to school, but my closest school would cost $36k a year
>Am taking 4 CC classes right now
>Applied for FAFSA, got granted $1300, which is barely anything

How can I pay for school? Should I just join the military to get the bennies?
>>
Get a job.
>>
>>17440469
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17440473
>I want to go to college.
>college costs money.
>how do I make money if I can't get free money?

It's honest advice, idiot. I worked to earn money for college, then worked part time to go to full time college. It's not uncommon.

Join the military if you want though. They aren't blowing smoke up your ass when they promise all those perks or anything. Not at all.
>>
>>17440486
All of this.

Scholarships, too. I am a full-time student and I work part-time, but I rake in so much scholarship money I could literally quit my job and still live comfortably. But there's that one issue, experience. You know, the thing employers hire people for.

You need experience and recommendations to go with that degree if you actually want the damn job when you graduate.
>>
>>17440469
That was one of my options I was thinking of. Getting into a trade and saving money so I can afford uni. This >>17440473 isn't me btw.

>>17440502
I was looking into scholarships! Do you really think I can keep getting them(Provided that I maintain the grades) to actually cover 95% of my school fees?

I plan on going to PA school after, which is another huge fucking thing that needs money, so I'm not worried about experience too much I suppose. But I understand what you mean.
>>
>>17440463
You have no bills and you work.

Is saving money for college that complicated an is for someone who had "above average grades" in high school?
>>
>>17440509
I made stupid decisions. I have two "credit" cards(At department stores) which I needed to use in an emergency and I owe them, plus I took out a $500 personal loan which I am trying to pay back as well.

All in all, I owe about $1500 to various entities. It's hard saving part time, because since my grandparents are retired, I have to give them rent in order to pay the house bills.
>>
>>17440508
LEARN A TRADE.

I wish I would have skipped college and done this. It's mostly recession proof, you make decent money out of the gate especially if you stick with it, and there's what's a need for you if you're any good.
>>
>>17440508
>cover 95%
Absolutely, anon. It's all about grades and having the right recommendations and being able to write some good essays.

I've got a 3.9gpa and I pretty much edge out all of the competition during scholarship season. Just stay focused on your studies and everything will fall into place. Just keep the GPA high, as the average GPA at Colombia, Harvard, and Cornell is like 3.4.

The 3.9's? They pay us to study.
>>
File: 1468773793706.gif (993KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468773793706.gif
993KB, 1600x900px
>>17440557
Hot damn my man.

I will definitely look into this. Due to some circumstances in high school, I know one of my state congressmen rather well.

She told me that if I ever needed a favor, just call her. Hopefully she remembers heh.

Danke for the info.
>>
>>17440557
Also, if you are still here: Where would I start to look into these scholarships? Or any scholarships, just so I can get my foot in the door.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.