[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. I have IBS among other problems (tinnitus, depression,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1469436970116.jpg (51KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1469436970116.jpg
51KB, 184x184px
Hey /adv/.
I have IBS among other problems (tinnitus, depression, anxiety, etc.) and every few months it appears something new pops up.
I'm seeing a therapist and psychiatrist, plenty of doctors, have been to the ER a multitude of times.
But that's just the basics. Let me get to why I'm here. I know there's not really anyway to "cure" IBS. I feel awful pain constantly but no one can figure out why, and I'm banking on the thought of suicide.
My problem is that I live in the state of Florida, and in Florida someone with authority such as a police officer, doctor, therapist, etc. can involuntarily put me in a mental ward (look up Baker Act). Therefore I cannot speak to my therapist, psychiatrist, or doctor(s) about my actual feelings without them saying "Oh you're a danger to yourself, fuck off to a mental facility for at leastt 3 days". The last time this happened, my stomach was in so much pain and they put me on so many drugs I'd never taken it made everything worse, and it cost me a shitton of money.
I'm 18, and the worst part is I want to live. I want to experience life. I want to get a job and go to college; but yet I don't want to live my life in constant pain. It's a burden.
I'm in a long distance relationship (yes, I know, it's a stupid decision) but she claims to love me for who I am and doesn't let my medical issues get in the way. Yesterday when I was about to pass out I told her about my mental state and how I wanted to kill myself, and things have been rather cold, but she assures me she still loves me. She, my close friends and my mother are the only thing keeping me alive.
The only available way to kill myself is by ODing, but after reading up on it, it seems extremely unreliable and I'm scared of it failing.
How do I unfuck myself? How do I get myself in a better mental state? How do I talk to someone about my mental state without getting shipped off to the loony bin? I'm all over the place.

What do I do?
>>
File: king crimson PSG.jpg (68KB, 360x418px) Image search: [Google]
king crimson PSG.jpg
68KB, 360x418px
>>17440443
I forgot: I'm adopted, I've known my real mom for about a year or so now, and I recently fucked up relations with my biological family after they caught my sister cracking a dick joke. This lead them to yelling at my sister for about 2 hours because they thought I was a pedophile that wanted to fuck my sister. My stepdad tried to put on this tough guy act, so I told him to, in short, fuck off and quit pretending like he plays a part in my life, and to quit pretending like he knows how to treat women (he spanks my sister 'jokingly', verbally abuses her for just about anything, her weight, her taste in music, etc. I've seen it in person) and my bio mom threatened to call the cops on me. This gave me a huge panic attack, and even after trying to tell my mom about my condition, she and I haven't talked since then. How do I go about re-establishing a relationship with my biological mom?

I'm going to pass out now so if this thread 404s by the time I wake up I apologize for not answering questions.

And if you've seen a post on here about a guy with IBS before and it sounds oddly similar to my situation: Yes, I am most likely that same guy.
>>
>>17440443

honestly I had no idea IBS could be this bad and effect a person's life this much to the point where they consider suicide

shouldn't the hospital just give you a prescription for pain medication at least?
>>
>>17440487
That's the problem with IBS. It's extremely tricky to deal with, it might make my pain/symptoms worse. I'm trying to get antidepressants soon, but it coukd fuck my stomach up.
>>
>>17440443
Bump.
>>
Do you think your current psychologist is helpful? I have an incurable illness as well, and my psychologist helps me keep hope. Think about what questions you can ask that are at the root of your depression, like how to come to terms with the pain. Tell them you still feel depressed despite the therapy and want to know what to do next. I wasn't hospitalized after saying I have suicidal thoughts "with no intention to carry them out", but I don't know how your therapist would react if you've had attempts before.

You might also feel happier if you can do something to feel like you have more control over your illness. I'm doing something to help myself- exercise. Exercise will not cure me, but I just feel better mentally if I address my illness in some way. It doesn't matter how you choose to help yourself, there are many ways. For example, I'm also writing to researchers that I know are researching my illness. I might not receive an answer, but this stalls the despair until the next thing I try. The only caveat is not to fall into the desperation of trying dodgy "cures" that could make you worse.

Joining an IBS forum might also help. Maybe you can find one other young person with the same disease and exchange emails. It's comforting to know you're not alone. Maybe you could swap recipes and supplements you've tried with them. Someone who doesn't make you feel sadder would be ideal, as this is to make you feel more supported.

Sorry you're dealing with this Op. I hope others can give you better answers.
>>
>>17442117
I've known my current psychologist since I first discovered I had depression/anxiety when I was 13. He's a great guy, and he was also a pharamcologist at one point, so he tries to prescribe me meds that wont fuck my insides up. I have been placed in a mental facility twice before, and here in Florida if you even mention that you want to hurt yourself, most of the time they'll just auto-Baker Act you. So I can't confide in him, as much as I want to. I'll ask him how to cope with the pain and such next time I go, and how I feel depressed despite my therapy.

I try to exercise when I can, but the thing is that not only am I in pain, but the pain adds to my anxiety. I'm scared of going outside because I'm afraid I'm going to have an IBS attack and have to run to the bathroom in extreme pain, or have a panic attack. They're constant thoughts that never go away. Exercise helps take my mind off the pain, and walking around at some points has actually made my pain go away completely, but for some reason I'm so scared of trying to exercise more. And yes, I know what you mean by dodgy "cures". My mother took me to a hollistic medicine place without telling me anything about the doctor other than "they specialize in IBS". The woman would put tubes on my stomach and press against my arm and diagnosed me with a bunch of stuff. I looked it up later and they had links to Scientology. What a surprise.

IBS forums have hurt me, I've found. Everything there is negative. Every time I try to talk with people about it, it's the same thing. They talk about how they've never found a way to stop the pain, and how they're effectively out of action for the rest of their lives because of it. I hate googling anything medical related anymore.

I have a friend with IBS, he was born with it whereas I was only recently diagnosed, and he's trying his absolute best to support me but it feels like I sink lower each and every day.

You gave me some good suggestions. I appreciate it a lot.
>>
Same deal with symptoms. It's stress nigga. Does that shit to your body. You need to simplify things. Drop the LDR, it's nothing but psychological stress. Hit up your friends. Drop the shitbag and block their numbers. Had the same shit going on, and I'm used to a high stress occupation. Dropped a girl who'd been fucking with my head and like magic the symptoms are gone.
>>
>>17442522
Some doctors say it's stress, others say "Oh no you actually have IBS."

Just stresses me the fuck out either way.

And my girlfriend supports me the best she can, it doesn't really cause me stress.

Thanks for the advice though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.