[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Offered to give away my laptop for free on accident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: game xmen.jpg (50KB, 866x487px) Image search: [Google]
game xmen.jpg
50KB, 866x487px
I posted an ad on craigslist to give away some games. I posted several pictures of the games with my laptop. I was in a hurry and the the text of the ad said that I was giving away everything pictured for free to the first person to reply. Craigslist is notorious for people who don't reply after you email them or who just don't show up. So I put on the bottom of my ad that I guarantee everything I offer, always reply, follow through, etc.

Well, I had people reply looking at my laptop, not just the games. It's less than a year old and I dropped a bit of cash on it at best buy because it's okay for gaming. I didn't intend to be giving away my laptop but is it the right thing to do to give it to the first person that replied? Did I just chump myself?
>>
>>17439274
If you put a lot of money towards it and you're not in a good position to be giving it away, you could tell the truth, and say including the laptop was an error and is not up for grabs, or lie and say it has already been claimed. Mistake was made, but in my experience with craigslist, people can be rather understanding.
>>
>>17439293
He knows that it hasn't been taken. He wasn't happy when he asked for the specs and I said it wasn't part of the deal. I sent him the specs, kind of confirming that I'd give it away :-/
>>
>>17439317
He may not have been happy, but morals aside, you had no intention of giving it away. If the guy isn't reasonable about an error, then it might not be a good idea to do business with him. Also should probably edit your ad so it uses pictures without the laptop in frame, that way more people don't request the laptop.
>>
You're selling people things. You're not having Christmas dinner with them. You owe them nothing at this point. Take the ad down, repost ir with new or at least cropped pictures, and tell this asshole that the laptop isn't for sale in no uncertain terms. If he continues to bitch, that's his problem. You don't need him or his shit.
>>
File: what the fuck.gif (756KB, 213x183px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.gif
756KB, 213x183px
>posted on craigslist
>treating it like some blood contract

What.

Dude, just apologize and replace the ad. Most people understand but there can be assholes like you mentioned. They just need a firm 'no' and if they whine they can piss off.

If anyone that gave you guff wants the free games be wary, especially of that one guy. He might try to be a dick about the laptop. But seriously: get a spine and put your foot down about this shit. It's your property still, not theirs. Leave the laptop if you go to meet up to give the games away.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.