[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

broke up with my gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: homer.jpg (22KB, 495x427px) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
22KB, 495x427px
I broke up with my girlfriend last night.

She canceled plans with me on a Friday night cause she said "She wasn't feeling well" and so I ignored her all day Saturday until around 9pm when she texted me saying "I cant believe you ignored me all day" but I was at work doing a 12 hour shift in the ER... she knows I worked all day and yet she still makes it like im an ass for not texting with her immediately.

Anyway things were going really good prior to all this. We were even talking about moving in together and I really cared about her but no I feel like I need to stick to my guns with this break up or otherwise ill look spineless and basically be the bitch in the relationship from here on out.

What do you think I should do /adv/?
>>
>>17438350

So, what did you break up over exactly? Because you didn't talk for a day? What the actual fuck?
>>
well you were ignoring her right? I mean that's what you said. I dont know about you but I like talking to my girlfriend, I would at least send a text or 2 and if your job is really that busy then do it before or after. She said she wasnt feeling well did you ask her if she was feeling better?

Dont act like a child and just apologize
>>
>>17438350
so why exactly did you break up with her? You ignored her and I can understand if shes upset, but why are you upset? Because your high school relationship tactics don't work?
>>
>>17438356
>>17438367
>>17438373

she canceled plans with me and I was trying to go to sleep that night cause I had to be up for work in the morning but she just kept texting me, so she got mad that I just ignored her and went to sleep and she said "you hurt my feelings by just ignoring me and going to bed" and I said "I had to be up for work in the fucking ER"

she basically said that her feelings are more important than me being rested for work and that I have to drop everything and text her whenever she texts me so that she knows everything is alright between us. And even when I tell her everything is alright she says "I don't believe you" and that "I am giving off a vibe" when we are talking in text which makes no sense cause its a fucking text...
>>
>>17438350
>things were going really good prior to all this. We were even talking about moving in together
maybe subconsciously this freaked one or both of you out and you had to sabotage it
>>
>>17438350
You overreacted OP and ignoring her was immature, you could have even text her "im sorry but I have to sleep for work. Can we please talk about this later tomorrow?" then you couldve text her on breaks. Youre getting annoyed and irritated because you think she was being needy and irrational when you were being cold and distant. Grow up OP youre a tremendous faggot, take your bitching elsewhere.
>>
>>17438389
I just don't want to be in a relationship where I'm guilt tripped for petty reasons. I was upset she didn't come over, but I wasn't ignoring her because of that I was just going to sleep so I could get up the next day.

What irritated me is that she was trying to make me feel like im a prick when really she is the one who is in the wrong for trying to keep a tired man up with dumbass text messages. I didn't yell at her when she canceled our plans or even say anything mean.

I just said "that's fine im going to sleep, goodnight." and she launched into a freak out cry fest. "Do you pinky promise" and all this bullshit like a fucking child.
>>
>>17438407
I wasn't being cold and distant, I was working a really stressful job and didn't feel like appeasing her childish need for attention. It was aggravating me and making me lose focus on my work. I was already having a stressful day dealing with emergencies I just wasn't in the mood for this type of shit.
>>
File: giphy.gif (996KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
996KB, 500x281px
If she is acting like a child and shows no respect for your personal problems and obstacles while being demanding, well then you did the right thing before you become too attached. Honestly i've been living like this for the past years and it dragged me down and it still is whenever it happens but i have to live like this now because i married her at one point before she acted like that.

Mommy issues man, mommy issues.
>>
>>17438422
>She's childish
>I didn't have time for her shit
>don't want to be in relationship where

Then fucking get over her, shut the fuck up dear god you are fucking annoying as fuck get the fuck out, this thread has no purpose youve made up your mind about everything.
>>
>I ignored her
>she texts you saying she can't believe you ignored her
>"but I didn't ignore her, I was working"
But you just said you ignored her. Which was it?

Also break up with her, you're far too immature to be in this relationship
>>
>>17438447
its a fucking advice board you faggot, you leave.
>>
>>17438463
OP clearly doesn't want advice. He's sure he's right about everything and spending whole thread explaining why he is correct and his girlfriend was a clingy bitch while being contradictive as fuck.
>>
>>17438422
fucking ER nurses, why do you constantly try to use "my job is stressful" as an excuse for bad behavior?
>>
>>17438350
>>17438439

You did the right thing OP. Ignore the cuck betas who say otherwise.
>>
>>17438485
its the first time my job was every really difficult since we been together and I just wasn't in the mood to text. I just wanted to be left alone and thought she would get the hint if I wasn't texting back, but I guess maybe I had to spell it out for her.

Have you ever worked a stressful job where people's lives are on the line?
>>
>>17438501
every day anon, I'm a paramedic

nurses in general are a temperamental bunch, and I get it, its a difficult job, but ER nurses always take it to another level of cuntishness. Yes I understand that you barely even have enough time to get done what you're supposed to be doing, yet people are constantly coming to you piling more and more work on top of it but everyone else is working hard too. If its really so stressful that you can't help but snap at those around you or constantly try to hide when you see a problem or a new patient then you should just transfer to a unit of the hospital rather than the ER.
>>
>>17438501
One would think that talking to your SO and spending time with them would help alleviate your stress, not exacerbate it. I mean, if your SO can't make you feel more relaxed, then you're on your way to a stomach ulcer or a stroke.
>>
>>17438520
I didn't snap at her, I just told her that she was acting irrationally by asking me 4 times if everything was ok. and that she is delusional if she thinks I should apologize for not texting her back when I needed to relax after work instead of deal with her "emotions"

ive been doing my job for 5 years now so its nothing I cant handle.

I told her to stop with her lecture or I can't do this and we should break up and she said I should apologize and I said we are done and that was it.
>>
Yeah OP you fucked up. You just threw away what sounds like a perfectly good relationship for no reason whatsoever.

Probably a good thing for her in the long run. You sound like a bit of an ass.
>>
>>17438350
If she thinks her drama or needing to talk to you is more important that you being rested for a job that literally makes the difference between life and death, then you are probably better off without her (assuming that is a recurring issue).

If it is a one off, then you over reacted, she might have something going on that she hasn't told you about as of yet.
That said, if she was feeling ill and cancelled, then you ignoring her is a bit childish, you could have provided an alternative or anything.

She might think/know you are a bitch now after your reaction, talking for a bit would have worked a lot better than throwing your toys out of the pram.
>>
>>17438531
>that's fine im going to sleep, goodnight
Dude, she kept contacting you because she was worried that you got angry because she canceled your plans.
>>
>>17438531
I absolutely understand that you didnt want to deal with her after work I do the same thing but this wont make you look spineless yall dont sound like yall just met theres no need to keep up the macho man status anymore. I think it's a perfect opportunity to apologize and get make up sex.
>>
File: 1460084048169.png (588KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1460084048169.png
588KB, 1440x810px
how does it feel to be expected to be there for a person whenever but get no support or an understanding rational person when you need it the most? Ontop of all that the disregard from your partner for your troubles can be backstabbing, even more so if the person is even expecting you to be there for you at all times no matter what issues you have.
>>
>>17438350
I think you should kill yourself.
>>
All this happened because you didn't fucking communicate to her that you just needed your space for a bit. You expected her to read your mind to leave you alone by ignoring her. Of course she would get worried if you don't respond when she asks if something is wrong.

Literally all of this would've been avoided by a single text of you explaining you're stressed and busy with work.
>>
>>17438574
You can't change a person with a single text, her moral is all fucked up. It'd be easier to deal with dating apps and a break up than live unhappy.
>>
>>17438574
Right, but im past that point now. we broke up and I have two choices. 1. stick to my guns, or 2. apologize and that will give her control of the relationship.
>>
>>17438582
Her moral doesn't sound fucked up at all. You have a very distorted view of things.
>>
>>17438582
This is what I think im going to do.

I can get a different girl to suck my cock every night if I wanted. I was sacrificing endless nights of strange poon for her and she didn't even appreciate it.

I guess secretly I just wanted out of the relationship so I could fuck some new women.
>>
>>17438582
There's nothing wrong with what she did. She wasn't feeling well, so she cancelled plans, and then she thought OP was mad about it because he IGNORED her.

>>17438584
Stick to your guns. She can do better than an immature fuckwit.
>>
>>17438610
no she can't and that's why she was nervous. She will call me in a week guaranteed.
>>
>>17438606
To me she seems very clingy and needs someone by her side but she expects it and if she doesn't get it her way she just rants and stresses him even more.
What else do you know about this glorious girl that i don't ?
>>
>>17438584
Why does getting back to her automatically mean you're being a spineless bitch in your eyes?

You should apologize for ignoring her and not communicating what you needed, and ask her to be able to allow you space when you need it. If she can't accept that then stick to your guns.
>>
>>17438614
Yes she can. And you can't get any better than her, that's why you're so desperate to have her back.
>>
>>17438375

>my fleeting feelings are more important than your livelihood
She's too childish and self-absorbed. Don't go back.
>>
>>17438617
lol, cause if she didn't accept my apology id feel like a beta faggot and I don't need the aggravation.

I can just imagine her with her little friends staring at her phone "tell him he needs to buy you this or that to make up then dump him the next day hehehehehe"

fuck that...
>>
>>17438615
I can only assume you have very limited experience with women if you think she acted out of the ordinary
>>
>>17438620
Im not desperate. I just felt kinda bad for ending the relationship when I was in a heated mindset instead of letting myself cool down and think about it. But after reading this thread I think I made the right decision.
>>
>>17438624
>I can just imagine her with her little friends staring at her phone "tell him he needs to buy you this or that to make up then dump him the next day hehehehehe"

jesus how much of a paranoid insecure asshole are you?
>>
>>17438633
If you're not desperate, why are you considering taking her back after breaking up with her? If you could get any girl you wanted like you claim, you wouldn't even be thinking about her anymore
>>
>>17438634
are you a woman? cause if you don't think women sit around talking about winning arguments with their SO and how they are "queen bitch" in their house then you haven't dated a slut in the last decade.
>>
>>17438638
Hes just in denial. He's going to be crushed when she starts dating someone else.
>>
>>17438638
cause she was a nice girl sometimes and it just happened last night so im still kind of reeling but not really anymore.
>>
>>17438610
>There's nothing wrong with what she did.
There absolutely is. Whether or not she was worried about OP being upset, she was still in the wrong for trying to keep him up and then demanding that HE apologize for some imagined slight. She's not an understanding person and I don't know why anyone under stress would put up with that.
>>
>>17438641
>you haven't dated a slut in the last decade.

correct.

where is the evidence this girl is a slut?
>>
>>17438650
ALL GIRLS ARE SLUTS
>>
>>17438629
Your assumption is very vague, so i can only assume you defend her point because she has boobs and you always wanted a pair.
Shitposting aside, to me she seems like that kind of a person and i was in a relationship with a girl like this. Maybe OP is a bit paranoid that he is getting fucked over by her while i believe it would be more likely that she is not contributing to a healthy relationship.
>>
File: simon.png (51KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
simon.png
51KB, 200x195px
>>17438655
>>
>>17438656
>your assumption is very vague

I was under the impression I was being very specific about what I was assuming
>>
>>17438649
This

it was a power play. she gambled and she lost. I gave her an out and she didn't take it. Her fault. end of story.
>>
>>17438672
Okay, so what's the problem here?
>>
>>17438672
>it was a power play

fucking hell you are stupid
>>
>>17438672
>>17438649
OP stop replying to yourself. She did nothing wrong, the fault is entirely yours for ignoring her for no reason. As I said, you should kill yourself because you're a piece of shit unworthy of her.
>>
>>17438680
>for no reason
Did you even read the OP?
>>
>>17438680
you have no idea how many more girls im going to fuck kek

it begins tonight... hide your mother anon
>>
>>17438407
>>17438447
>>17438481
What the hell is wrong with you? Who hurt you? Why are you such a faggot?
>>
>>17438687
This is what forced denial sound like.
>>
>>17438685
Yeah I did. He chose to ignore her and now he's freaking out about it because you realize he's a loser little shit. He should kill himself.
>>
>>17438696
He has had an important 12 hour shift coming up and said so. Why does he have to deal with childish behaviour when he doesn't have the time for it.
I believe it is hard to understand for a person who has neither a job nor a woman
>>
File: fail.png (18KB, 1175x374px) Image search: [Google]
fail.png
18KB, 1175x374px
>>17438680

How dare people disagree with you. I'm not OP, but I know when people have issues that they need to work on before jumping into relationships. OP's ex is one of them.
>>
>>17438707
Worrying and caring about someone isn't childish behavior, it's what's expected in a relationship. A reply like >>17438574 suggested would have taken seconds, nothing that would have had any impact on his shift. He has no excuse and he knows it.
>>
>>17438696
>He chose to ignore her
He chose to sleep before work, she chose to blow up the situation instead of thinking, "Hey, he has a job. Maybe he's busy, or something else is up. I'll wait to talk to him later." She has issues.
>>
>>17438687
lol OMFG
>>
>>17438724
>He chose to sleep before work
Taking a few seconds to explain the situation would have had no influence on his sleep. He chose not to out of his own volition.

>she chose to blow up the situation
He chose to blow up the situation by ignoring her. He himself says so. She had no reason to think any excuse for him when he had none. She's not a servant at his beck and call that she has to wait until he gets his manbabby issues over. He chose to break up with her over meaningless shit because he couldn't be bothered to spend a few seconds on her, he deserves to be alone now.
>>
>>17438609
Lol so its true she didn't do anything wrong and you just wanted to sabotage the relationship. You could have at least done the honorable thing and been upfront instead of putting her through that shit. OP you seem cowardly to me.
>>
>>17438735
except you are forgetting the part where she bailed on me the night we were supposed to hangout. Then wanted me to pat her on the head for being so brave as to tell me about her bold decision to stay home instead of come see me.

I hadn't seen her in a week by the way and not because she was out of town but because she just never made plans to do anything with me AND SHE needed to be up early for work on those days so I told her it was fine if we didn't do anything.

I was willing to set aside time to see her on a night I had to be up at 6 in the morning and she canceled on me. So yeah I didn't have time to reply to her childish texts. cause I was busy with real shit.

fuck her and fuck you
>>
>>17438735
>Taking a few seconds..
Are you really that delusional, if someone is so emotional you can't deal with it in a sentence, OP said he has ER tommorow. Besides that, it costs a lot of nerves and it is very likely that you will stay awake very long to figure things out because she wasn't very understanding on her part to beginn with.

Are you a feminist, your arguments suck and you only answer what's in your favor in a way that it looks like you have a point?
>>
>>17438735
>>17438737
same fag
>>
>>17438735
>Taking a few seconds to explain the situation would have had no influence on his sleep. He chose not to out of his own volition.
Saying, "that's fine im going to sleep, goodnight." should be enough for anyone that isn't an emotional wreck.

>She's not a servant at his beck and call
You're right, she's an adult with her own life to live. She should've lived that life instead of basing her happiness on the relationship and what he can do to make her feel good.

I can't imagine a world where anyone thinks that what she did was completely acceptable and that OP is in the wrong. If I'm trying to sleep before a stressful day, I'm sure as hell not going to pick up the phone either. Even if he did, she probably wouldn't trust anything he had to say.
>>
>>17438760
Actually OP, that was my first post in this thread.
>>
>>17438755
SHE WASN'T FEELING WELL
>>
>>17438762
>Saying, "that's fine im going to sleep, goodnight." should be enough for anyone that isn't an emotional wreck.

But OP didnt even do that. Thats the entire point.
>>
>>17438787
So that is a reason to drag him down aswell?
You must live to serve woman.
>>17438793
Your point is shit, she should be mature enough to take a rational explanation. If you want to date a facebook degenerate with emotional issues then go ahead.
>>
>>17438798
No, but OP is making it out to be some sick kind of powerplay when they both were in the wrong.
>>
>>17438787
I wasn't feeling well when she texted me so she should have been sensitive to that.

>>17438793
I did say "that's fine im going to sleep, goodnight" but that wasn't good enough for her.
>>
>>17438806
Why didn't you tell her you weren't feeling well either? She can't read your mind.
>>
>>17438802
Well i have to agree that his "powerplay" explanation is shit, so in that sense he is wrong imho.
>>
>>17438811
I did, I told her I just got off a stressful shift at work and she needed to stop lecturing me or we were done and she kept up with her shit.
>>
>>17438818
cap texts pls
>>
>>17438827
it was a long block text conversation on facebook and im not taking the time to post it all. just take my word for it.... god you sound like my ex.
>>
>>17438827
seriously, you guys are whiteknighting so hard.

why should OP be the one to apologize ? he can if HE wants to, but it's not a thing to be demanded of him. At least not as much as it's of her.

at the end of the day, both should do what they want to - that is, try to salvage and maintain a relationship or not.
>>
>>17438844
Don't worry about that shit anymore, just go and find someone better.
>>
>>17438844
gotta wonder why those folks replying to you even go to an advice board.
"her feeliiings. you should kill yourself".

even as trolling, that's beyond ridiculous.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.