[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know when to shut up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1451183950812_1_.png (444KB, 615x828px) Image search: [Google]
1451183950812_1_.png
444KB, 615x828px
Femanon here, usually not talkative at all. However sometimes when something excites me i enter a state where i'm not really conscious of my actions and words. When this happens i start being horribly loud and annoying, my words leaving my mout without even me noticing, and when i realize what's happening it's usually too late to fix anything. It's good when i'm just talking loudly about non-important things, but usually it's just cringy bullshit, where i tend to talk about my family issuses etc withou a little bit of a reflection.
What can i do to fix this?
>>
Guy with genetic anger issues here, something I wasn't even conscious of until my late-teens. They're not the same thing, but it sounds like they have the same problems behind them.

First and foremost, find the things that flip the switch in your brain. Second, when you feel a conversation start to head in that direction, make a conscious effort to think about your words. Third, continue to expose yourself to the things that 'trigger' you, but do it with the mindset that you're going to control what you say, be aware of what you're saying, and acknowledge that, regardless of whether you're spurred to talk via pride or something else, sometimes you just need to shut up.

That's basically all you can do. Acknowledge the problem, acknowledge what causes the problem, take the conscious steps to fix it, don't let the problem get further out of hand.
>>
>>17438320
Thanks, will try this.
This is often triggered by any situations i am uncomfortable with, so i suppose im gonna head into alot of awkward conversations.
>>
>>17438320
>genetic anger issues
lol
>>
gaia
>>
>>17438387
Aggression is a genetic trait as much as it is a learned one. Often, in families with a history of anger issues, both can be involved.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.