[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Searching for a reason to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1466971504159.jpg (82KB, 609x667px) Image search: [Google]
1466971504159.jpg
82KB, 609x667px
I want a philosophy on life that's conducive to being happy, healthy, and full of purpose.

Problem is I'm not religious, and can't help but think that life is meaningless and has no intrinsic value.

Would like to read something that opposes this thought with logic.

Or maybe you have some insight?
>>
>>17437436
What is it to be human?
>>
>>17437436
Without spewing out a wall of text first, what exactly is your background? Do you exercise? Are you academically inclined? How do you use your spare time?
>>
>>17437436
it's probably not as simple as that but reading the right philosophers might be what you're looking for. can't really recommend the one and all go to solution - also bc some stuff is hard to get into without prior readings. but maybe have a read of heideggers being and time. or check out nietzsche ( start with his autobiography ecce homo).

in general, it doesn't even have to be philosophy. at the end of the day, if you don't follow any exterior religion, you have to find your own answer to what constitutes a happy life. also other thoughtful literature can help with that. maybe you'd want to give hesse's steppenwolf a try.
>>
>>17437436
You're the one who gives live purpose.
>>
>>17437509
uneducated. 25. have a steady job. work manual labor. Use my spare time watching movies, drinking, and wishing i had the motivation to distract myself. no friends. former drug addict. family life is strained. no gf for many years. diagnosed with MDD, formerly a PTSD patient, hospitalized multiple times for suicide attempts. Have read neitzsche's anti-christ. idk what else you want
>>
>>17437509
Come on man, lay the wall of text on me.

Btw, I'm not interested in these lengthy, poorly written stories that encapsulate the main points. Like, I get it, it'll illuminate the ideas that're being portrayed, but that takes too long, and too much effort. Sorry, I don't like reading boring stories with weak logic and a moral teaching I'm not seeking anyway. Zen and the art of etc was weak as fuck man. Neitzsche had some good stuff, logical stuff, but it made me really depressed.

WHY should I be a contributing member to a society that has cast me out in my greatest time of need? Why should I work to better myself when I'll die someday, and nothingness will pervade all? Why do anything other than make myself feel better while I'm here, regardless of what it may cost to others, should everything be impermanent?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.