[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can change the nature of a man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1470417688592.jpg (2MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1470417688592.jpg
2MB, 1152x2048px
What can change the nature of a man?
>>
The good old Planescape: Torment. Best game I've ever played so far.
>>
File: nJqioZj.jpg (43KB, 542x720px) Image search: [Google]
nJqioZj.jpg
43KB, 542x720px
>>17436902
What can though?
>>
Experience
>>
File: HAYAI.jpg (314KB, 578x672px) Image search: [Google]
HAYAI.jpg
314KB, 578x672px
>>17436844
Some people say it has to be rock bottom until they change at all

That leads me to believe you can't ever change no matter how much you want to unless the only other option is death, self destruction

But it's ironic how changing is still a form of death. Your current self becomes the past self. The old (You) becomes a memory and then even less than that.

I guess what makes that so hard is that while you may not be the narcissistic version of the center of the world, you are still one of the many centers. The people around you have worlds formed by the people they know, so they have kind of metaphorical anchors sunk into you. So to change would mean for everyone around you to lose their sense of who you are, and to replace that with something else.

I still don't think that's the greatest obstacle, at least not for me. Personally it's definitely the great unknown that I fear the most. I skirt the edge of the well, I have not jumped in yet. Sometimes I am afraid I'll never do it before I die, sometimes I am afraid enough to convince myself that there's no point to jumping in. The unknown is deeply black and it burns my insides with how intense I fear it.

Pic unrelated
>>
Self reflection combined with deliberate effort
>>
When all minor 'edits' are considered useless, the only way to change is to completely tear down and rebuild.

Done it once. Was unhappy in every respect, One day i just got up, quit my job and left everything.

That was about 8 years ago. Oddly enough i had a phonecall a few months ago. Someone found me. The conversation went for an half an hour and was basically a proof of life call. I asked them not to call back.

Moving towards a future that is beneficial to the soul creates necessary change.
>>
Fear
>>
File: Vegeta.gif (374KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta.gif
374KB, 1200x900px
>>17437022

>Rock bottom

Yeah I'd agree with this.

I had a sweet fucking life but fucked it all up and lost everything in January,

Six months later, I decided to change.

New meds, therapy, no more lies and hiatus from random sex from sluts.

Lost 20 pounds, feel good, happy most of the time.

Life is good.

And then there's the good ol' Fight Club quote:

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."
>>
>>17437284
care to share more?
your life sounds kinda interesting
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.