[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I tell my best friend that I have feelings for her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 32iuoijsodj;.jpg (176KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
32iuoijsodj;.jpg
176KB, 2000x1000px
(1/2) I'm wondering if I should share my feelings with my best friend. Here's some details:

I'm male, she's female. We've been friends for about 10 years. She's been in a successful relationship for 9 years and it appears to be going great, they'll be moving in together soon.

She and I (and two other friends) are a very, very close-knit group, and essentially share everything with each other. It's great and I love every moment of it.

I'm wondering if I should share my feelings with my best friend. Here's some details:

I'm male, she's female. We've been friends for about 10 years, ever since I met her in high school. She's been in a successful relationship for 9 years and it appears to be going great, they'll be moving in together soon. While I'm not exactly close with her boyfriend, he's a great guy and I have no problems with him.

She and I (and two other friends) are a very, very close-knit group, and essentially share everything and anything with each other; all of our secrets, our desires, feelings, hopes and dreams. It's great and I love every moment of it.

Here's where the problem is, it was only in the past several months that I started truly developing feelings for her, and it feels like the one "secret" that I haven't told anybody. She considers herself asexual, so I'm sure there's no sexual desire floating around on her end, but she's very affectionate. We've held hands, we hug, we've even cuddled and spooned every now and then, but this is only when her boyfriend is not around that day. Even though I don't mind the guy at all, I can feel my heart just sink when I find out he's coming along when we're all going to hang out, because I know it means there's just no chance that I'll be holding her hand that day, even for a second. (cont)
>>
(2/2) For a long time, her boyfriend lived two hours away finishing up his degree, so he wasn't in the picture much, but recently he graduated and now the two of them are moving in together and unfortunately I'll probably be seeing less of her.

Those details aside, it's a lasting friendship that has proven the test of time and I know we'll stay friends, but I don't know if I should let her know how I feel, or if I should just try to fight through it. I have no goal here, I know she won't leave her boyfriend even if she loved me back, and the best case scenario is that practically nothing will change, but it hurts to not express my feelings to one of the few people that I share everything with.

My worry is the possibility that 1) she might pity me, or see me with less respect, or 2) she might think it means our friendship has less merit, because it's clouded with other feelings.

tl;dr do I tell my best friend of 10 years that I love her simply for the sake of expressing my feelings, even when I know if she loves me back, she also loves her boyfriend and would likely never leave him
>>
I fucked up my copy and pasting, whoops. You get the idea.
>>
no.

Go out with one of her ugly friends. If you have sex, and are good, this ugly friend will tell her about it. Then maybe if you get her drunk one day, she will fuck you, but don't expect a relationship. She's above your league.
>>
Didn't read all of that but no. She will not leave her bf for you.
>>
HA! Just don't.
>>
You never know unless you try :)
>>
I don't think its a good idea to do... youll probably lose her...
>>
>>17436165
Absolutely not, literally every part of your two posts screams that you should focus on other things. Perhaps get new friends, who you can then possibly hit on. I promise you that if you make this mistake, you will NOT be her friend anymore. It might seem like you will for a while, but then she will distance herself until you are nothing in her life. And by proxy, you won't be as close to your other friend.
>>
Wow, holding your hand and cuddling with you. You are both shitty people. She for cheating and you for doing it knowing she has a bf, disrespecting him with it. Ew.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.