[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARMY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: BF3rskvn.png (55KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
BF3rskvn.png
55KB, 472x472px
Hello, I need some advice.

I'm in the Army, Joint Base Lewis McChord. I love my job, I don't have a problem with it... I do have a problem with the people around me. I don't know what to do. I do the best I can at my job, I always do what I'm supposed to every month no problem, but I cannot continue with all this harassment and unfairness that goes on in here. Where I work is a detachment (it is separated from the company, we have our own building where about 15 people work.) Since we're not in a company, the NCO's basically do what ever they want. They leave early, they don't have to really "work", they just put down that they "work" this day in the computer, from this time to this time, the head of the detachment (E-6) looks at it, says it good to go and that's that... while we lower enlisted have to actually do the whole thing, every day, even on weekends. Being also a detachment means we dont have the regular 0900-1700 schedule, my work call is 0600 to 1400, but really end of day is whenever they feel like cause they don't want to go home to their wives and talk about (to make this part short) SHARP, EO stuff and laugh about it in their little group. 1700 comes around, 1800 comes around, everyone has done their job for the day (except them because they just make it up at the end of the month) sometimes 1900 comes around and I'm there sitting around without being able to help my wife with my son (she works too). Then whenever they feel like they tell me to go home and having to clock in at 0600 again. My wife is a little depressed and scared cause she some days have to call her work and tell them she can't make it cause of y schedule, then when I get home she goes off to work and come backs at midnight. She scared that their gonna fire her for calling so much and thinking is BS when it is true. I've gone to her work explaining to them how my hours work and they still didn't believe me. Apart from all of that, (continuing below)
>>
>>17436000
They don't care what I think of my family, they just tell me "this is the army, deal with it." which is the wrong answer, they can leave early and not work but I have to deal with it and stay even after what I already work? They like to give assignments or orders to do something when the tools are not even around and it is impossible to do, just so that they can get mad and correct me for it... and all I can say is Roger SGT, Roger SSG. 1 example of it is: SGT tells me to write 2 pages of our responsibilities in our SOP, I ask him where the SOP is and tells me the SOP IS BEING WRITTEN AND IS NOT COMPLETE, BUT WANTS THE 2 PAGE ESSAY FOR TODAY. Again, all I can say is roger. thats not even all... theres so many wrong stuff that goes around and none of the lower enlisted say anything cause they are sacred of what the NCO's can do, so many SHARP/EO comments that goes around and do you know who's the Sharp/EO representative? the same guy who's in charge and makes all of them... every time I hear him say: Did you know soldier told me this and that? and laugh about it. I don't trust anybody here... I'm loosing my mind and I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go to cause they all tell everything to each other... I'm not suicidal /adv.. I'm just depressed and can't take it anymore. I just see my son in the mornings because when I get home he is sleeping, I hang out with him in the weekends and we ARE IN THE SAME HOUSE. My wife is depressed cause she sees me like that plus her not able to work cause of my dumb leadership. What do I do /adv? I understand deployments... you're not supposed to see your family, I don't expect to, but here? while in garrison? I thought this was a professional career... I cant stand this abusive leadership.
>>
So you can do three things:
1. Get out and move to the civ world (your best bet).
2. Suck it up and wait for a change of command, or try to get into another unit through whatever opportunities you can find.
3. You can try to inform higher ups of actual harassment, but this can backfire spectacularly, and probably is not a good idea given the army's poor track record in this area.

>shit will always roll downhill
>>
>>17436136

Getting out does not look like an easy thing to do.
>>
Do you work at replacrment? You must have a commander somewhere.

Also, having served five years of active duty, I realize there is a good chance your are a shitty soldier and that is why you have your current assignment
>>
Hi friend. I have a few courses of action that you may be able to take:
1. Tell higher. 9 times out of 10, a commander will have the words "open door" in their command philosophy memo. Even if you're part of a detachment, find the commander of your headquarters unit and ask to talk to them about your command climate.

2. Submit an IG complaint. Inspector generals are the eyes and ears of installation commanders. They do just about anything to investigate complaints of toxic leadership, including sending personnel under cover as a new transfer. You would want to look for I Corps and JBLM Inspector General on the post website.

For both of these options, I would suggest having some kind of written record of the stuff you posted about. Avoid ranting or injecting your opinions. It's the Army, and green suits conducting an investigation only care about facts. Also, keep in mind that there is a relatively good chance that you're a shitbag and brought an ever falling torrent of ass pain on yourself because you're the dumbass who don't know he's a dumbass. Which leads into the last option:

3. You're not cut out for the line of work you're currently in. ETS, put in for an MOS transfer, try to go warrant/commission if you have the brains, or join the NCO corps if you have the balls.

But remember, have fun :)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.