[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking a girl out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1466275622736.jpg (105KB, 664x902px) Image search: [Google]
1466275622736.jpg
105KB, 664x902px
I don't usually ask girls out much or date often. Please help

some background info:

>She's a medical student that just finished her rotation on my team (I was the senior resident in charge of the interns)
>during the two weeks she was on my team I kept it professional with her, but we would joke around and stuff so whatever
>she's sort of the shy type, not flirty at all
>she's interested in applying for the hospital next year
>she's not going to be rotating through my hospital until then, but I do have her number
>she seems pretty chill, not really the OCD/neurotic med student stereotype
>she never mentioned a boyfriend

should I text her? what do I say?

pic related, kinda looks like her
>>
Just text her. If you blow it, big deal. You're guaranteed to blow it by not getting the balls to ask her out. Also, if a girl has determined she likes you it's pretty hard to blow it.
>>
Ask whats up, talk joke around and then ask her out.

But I wouldn't do it by text but by phone.
>>
>>17435731

like, what do I text her? I'm actually retarded about these things. Once I get the date though I'm good. In the past, dates have always just kind of fell into my lap

>>17435734
well, I never texted her or called her before this. I had to get her number from a friend. Wouldn't it be weird?
>>
>>17435718
she is probably not interested if she didn't react to your advancement even if you say she is shy, I laugh other medical students that can't flirt or aren't good at receiving signals, even when I worked as a scribe, most doctors weren't very good at it, so don't feel bad
>>
>>17435767

I didn't flirt or advance at all while she was on my team. I have a rule to keep it strictly professional in the hospital. We would just make little funny comments with each other or just smile at each other in the hallway. On her end she's probably thinking that as medical student that someday wants a job at this hospital, she should behave and keep it professional as well

I had the opportunity to ask her out when I caught her in the elevator while leaving, but I blew it. Regretting it now
>>
>>17435784
but is do you have any sort of indication that she may like you?
>We would just make little funny comments with each other or just smile at each other in the hallway.
You know this doesn't mean much, right? and
>In the past, dates have always just kind of fell into my lap
this is what happens to most of my friends, the girls always have to confess and stuff, but when they do ask girls out, the girls weren't intersted at all
>>
What makes you think that she's even remotely interested? The fact that she made small talk?
>>
>>17435804

I know. I don't really have any indication that she's attracted to me, and I never indicated that I was ever attracted to her. We both kept it 100% professional because of the nature of our careers. But now that her hospital rotation is over I think it'll be alright
>>
>>17435826
>But now that her hospital rotation is over I think it'll be alright
that's implying that the only reason you didn't date was because of professionalism
>>
>>17435835

Yeah, professionalism is kind of a big thing in medicine. Plus, she's asian.
>>
>>17435844
lol you are dense, again
>that's implying that the only reason you didn't date was because of professionalism
>>
>>17435844
What?

>>17435826
>I never indicated that I was ever attracted to her.
Then why are you asking her out?
>>
Rule 1: If you're interested, just go ahead and ask her out. Let her worry about whether or not SHE is interested.

Rule 2: When asking someone out, do it in person. If you can't do that, call her and ask her out. If you can't do that, you probably aren't confident enough to be dating. And furthermore, if you text her you can look forward to a nerve-wracking lack of reply after you ask her. Texting gives people time to overthink things. Don't do it to her, and more importantly don't do it to yourself.
>>
>>17435900

You don't seem to comprehend how big of a thing professionalism is in our field, especially in regards to medical students and residents

Unless you know something that I don't?
>>
>>17435718
Stalker her on Facebook if she has a BF. nothing worse than asking someone out only to find out they have one.
>>
>>17435911
Not OP. But great advice anon!
>>
>>17435731
Literally happened with me yesterday, everything was going well but when she mentioned she was hanging out with a guy friend I didn't respond for a while and after that things have been in the shitter.

I hate myself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.