[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How and when did you realize what you wanted to do with your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 2974505955_8c53b29e69.jpg (90KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
2974505955_8c53b29e69.jpg
90KB, 500x430px
How and when did you realize what you wanted to do with your life?
Im 18 and I dont know what to do with mine, pic related.
>>
>>17435419
There's not a concrete age when you get that. It's a process, because "what you want to do" crosses every facet of life including relationships, health, career, goals, etc.

At 18 you should be primarily concerned with career. Which means education of some kind. Or if you are too dumb for education, get a job and start working so you're not a burden to your parents.

The rest of what makes you a grown person happens over time. I'm 30 and it took all of my 20s to finish school, get the job I wanted, find the woman I wanted to settle with, be involved with the organizations I'm in, etc. It's a constantly changing, evolving process.
>>
>>17435419
Started getting a vague idea at around 22
>>
>>17435419
No one knows at 18, when I was 18 all I wanted to do was labouring. Got knocked back a couple of times and ended up gettin a job as a surveyors assistant, so I wanted to be a surveyor. Quit that job after a while and got work as a engineering draftsman. Wanted to be a design engineer. Went to university in civil engineering then realised I wanted to get into construction management. Finished university and got a job at a coal mine, wanted to be a production manager. Got made redundant and now I'm a construction coordinator. Im 26 now.

Tldr, work hard and let your career find you
>>
I'm 18 and I know I'm going to college and I have an idea of what I'm going to major in.

I'm upper middle class so I didn't have a choice about going to college. As for the major I looked for something I was interested in and could make good money.
>>
>>17435462
CompSci is a terrible field to work in, as with liberal arts. Just telling you now.
>>
>>17435462
it seems like anything that isnt STEM is a waste of time/money, but my sister can afford a middle slighty upper class way of life and she majored in sociology, she is married has a kid and is in a coordinator position in her job so who knows, good luck.
>>
>>17435468
I know, I didn't even consider them.

I'm planning on majoring in environmental science.
>>
>>17435419
I was a sophomore I think. I gave up on becoming a Pilot because that would require work. I decided I would continue to work at the pawn shop my dad owns until I'm like 60 and tired.
I turned 18 about two months ago and I'm going to college to learn business management but I couldn't care less. My best friend figured out what he plans on doing like three months ago.
Don't fret OP. You'll figure something out eventually.
>>
Another 18 year old, I just saying mechanical engineering as I enjoy physics and math a lot, and who knows what I really want to do.
>>
i thought i wanted to be in the music industry when i was 18. i actually got a chance to live that dream for a few years before it went to shit and i realized that probably wasn't going to work for me long term.

now im 26 and i drive trucks and work in warehouses, no idea what im gonna do beyond that.
>>
>>17435585
what happened? why did it go to shit?
>>
Went to college as an EE, switched to Cs about halfway, developed apps until I was 27 then I got into pen testing.
>>
>>17435419
I definitely didn't know at 18 but I wanted to be a graphic designer and work in advertising. 5 years later I still do but I'm studying I.T. because it has guaranteed job opportunities (though I don't have a job because I'm a depressed lazy fuck) and I hate it.
>>
>>17435419
I was born to do computer science.
>>
>totally lost age 18-21
>start getting idea around 22, read a lot of books, fool around with different ideas
>age 24, have my shit together and a concrete plan

I suggest reading as many books as possible, on all subjects. I owe my life to books. And no I'm not reccing any, find something yourself.
>>
>>17435432

This is a good post, OP.
>>
Just go to a community college or uni and see what interests you. If you change your mind, you could always switch majors or take an online degree later on.
>>
>>17436077
nothing interests me
>>
24 now

stroke of luck falling into a whole new job + good mentors and people that inspired me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.