[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1384312530568.jpg (268KB, 1305x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1384312530568.jpg
268KB, 1305x1191px
I live in Los Angeles. Kids in my gated apartment keep fucking up my car, so the manager on site finally sent a letter (albiet in broken english) a couple of nights ago to tell parents their kids could no longer play in the parking lot. I am the only white person in this building to be honest, and I have made numerous complaints about these kids because they leave toys behind my car, fingerprints on it, and bend my car mirrors (all the way back or forward) all the time. But, it just so happens, my car now has now been keyed after this letter got sent out.

If my landlord does nothing about it (such as installing cameras to hopefully catch it in action if it were to happen again), and it happens again, can I break my lease and get my security deposit back? If so, under what terms?

Thanks anons.
>>
call the police about your car, make a report, inform your insurance agent if you want
contact a lawyer about the lease if you really want to brexit your apartment
>>
>>17435349
Already filed a report and contacted insurance, but still have to pay a $500 deductible to fix all the scratches - there are a lot, and they are big. One ranges from the back of the car to the front of the car on the passenger side.

Thing is, I do not want to have to pay another deductible if they wish to do it again and the landlord doesn't install any security measures.

Seems like a lawyer would be an option.
>>
>>17435329
There would have to be a clause in your lease contract that would allow for you to back out of it without repercussions. It'd have to be something where the manager guarantees the safety and protection of all tenants and their property, and you can argue that he materially breached it by allowing some spic kids to destroy your car. That would allow you to breach it without penalty.
>>
>>17436460
Step one: purchase gun of your choice
Step two: wait up near your window but make it look like you're asleep
Step three: spot culprit of keying
Step four: you probably know based on step one

Fire a few warning shots to let them know you're not going to take shit. If they come back again, use your best judgement as to if you fire warnings or for real.
>>
>>17436503
Meant to reply to OP not that post my b
>>
You made it so kids can't play in the parking lot just because kids left their toys behind your car and fingerprints? You sound like an insufferable douchebag which is why you got keyed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.