[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any people really happy or do everyone just act like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Lying-and-Deceit-Behaviors.png (95KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
Lying-and-Deceit-Behaviors.png
95KB, 200x263px
Are any people really happy or do everyone just act like it?
>>
'no'
And you?
>>
>>17435146
no im not happy. i was when i was 13-16 years though . but not after and I'm 19 now
>>
>>17435101
I'm happy.
>>
>>17435162
Congratulations. Why? What makes you happy?
>>
most people are neutral, being happy all the time is stupid and/or dangerous: it's good manners to put a smile on though, even if you aren't happy.
>>
I'm happy
>>
>>17435168
Is it weird that I used to be happy all the time but now I'm sad all the time and sometimes suicidal?
>>
>>17435101

i am a happy person. i mean there is sadness and such to deal with here adn there, but as a whole i think im the happiest person i know. i leave my office with a skip in my step.
>>
>>17435101
Happiness is one of those things in life that you only knew you had it when you look back.
But I'm not a fucking loser who sits around all fucking day crying about spilled milk. I will forever be unsatisfied but I've come to terms with that fact. It's just life to strive for something better.
>>
>>17435166
I'm doing something I very much enjoy doing. I have friends when I want them but few unpleasant social obligations. I feel that, all things considered, I've done more good in my life than harm. I'm not orgasmically gleeful every minute of the day, but yes, I am happy.

(And don't ask for details. Your job is to find your own route to where I am.)
>>
>>17435101

Well, the cop-out answer is, "define, 'happy,'" but yeah, I am.

I'm a person most people would describe as generally being in good spirits, and it's true that there are many people who might seem to usually be in good spirits who are actually dealing with crushing depression, day-in-day-out, but I'm not one of those; I'm legit in good spirits.

My main reason for this is that for much of my life I thought I would never find someone to be with, that I would never find a career to be proud of, and that I would never "fit in" with the rest of society. Now I'm married to a person I love and have a tremendous amount of respect for, I have a stable and rewarding job that pays well, and I feel like I navigate social situations better than most.

What happened?

I made a deal with Satan, lord of darkness. No, actually I just got older. I moved to a foreign country and started myself over. A year later I moved to another foreign country and did it again. Two years later I did it yet again. My experience allowed me to become comfortable navigating cultural situations that would daunt most people, and this confidence spread into the other areas of my life. I returned to my home country a world traveler, seeing my home country and the people in it with new eyes. Things were simply easier afterward. Things that previously intimidated me no longer did.

Ultimately, I learned that the force most holding me back was me, but it took a decade of personal growth to see that and work to fix it.
>>
>>17435793
what kinds of jobs did you work in each new country to survive there for a year?
>>
The more you know who you are and what you want; the less you let things upset you.
Figure out what you want. Make a plan and make some goals and set yourself to accomplish them.
>>
>>17436178

I taught English.
>>
>>17435101
pretty sure some of them are actually happy. but it's also true that everybody fakes sometimes. some more than others.
>>
>>17435187
>>17435210
>>17435236
>>17435793
>>17436186
>>17436413
Thanks for the advice everyone it was very helpful and gave me a little hope for my future..
>>17435187
Nice
>>17435210
Why will you forever be unsatisfied? Doesn't life seem meaningless if you're never happy? (it does for me)
>>17435236
nice. I'm in school now and I do enjoy it sometimes but I don't like it there because of the social part. I don't enjoy my part time job though
>>17435793
Did you have problems when you were younger? I have the same feelings now that I'll never fit into society and that. Congratulations with that :)
Can I ask what countries you went to?
>>17436186
I have no idea what I want or what my meaning is with life or who I am. But thanks I'll do that
>>
>>17435184
What goes up.
>>
pretty sure it depends on their mood. it's not abnormal for a person to feel happy and sad from time to time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.