[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drug surveillance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (316KB, 874x874px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316KB, 874x874px
There have been cctv cameras installed into my area specifically for the task of cutting down on drug offences. The guy I called drove up half way between the agreed point of contact and the camera, blatantly held his hand out behind him when I got into the car then when advised to drive out of the area, drove for 4 seconds and pulled into the alley way directly where the camera is most likely pointed.

1) what is the likelyhood this was picked up on
2) how exactly can this be traced back to me, living 30seconds down from the camera, and not just the cars registration

Thank you.
>>
File: 1470071141749.jpg (20KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
1470071141749.jpg
20KB, 570x479px
When did this happen? Im guessing recently.

Honestly the way you describe it sounds super sketchy. If you and your friend were clean slates, you couldve pulled off just saying "Oh he was returning my phone/charger from his house for me"

The fact that you drove up, got in, did a quick loop and pulled back up made it even more obvious if being played back on Camera.

You better have a solid reason for why your 'friend' drove up and dropped you off in a matter of 30 seconds, and pray they dont smell weed/whatever in that car.
>>
>>17434894
About an hour ago
I've picked up off of the guy only once before but called him just now giving him a heads up, he sounded incredibly relaxed about it but the fact he drove 20yards and probably had a bag full of shit on his lap in view of the camera leads me to believe his calmness may not be 100% reliable

How, specifically, could this be traced back to me and not just the owner of the car through its registration? I'm shitting bricks currently and barely even want to light up
>>
>>17434878

There's always a bling a spot; they can't ever see EVERYTHING.

Use your well known Trigonometry skills to find it.

Then smoke weed err' day.
>>
>cops going out of their way to do anything over a bag of weed

There are enough dummies out there that lock themselves up every day
>>
>>17434938
Yes but the camera has most likely been set up to view specifically the exact area I was dropped up. Let's say someone noticed and took note of the cars registration plate and traced the owner, how potentially could this be traced to me?

Additionally, what is the likelyhood of th footage having been surveyed at the time of the incident?

Also how did you know about my skills in trigonometry
>>
>>17434943
It's just that they were put up this week for the exact purpose of noting people making transactions in a car then getting out. Is there like some dude in his 40s w/ a moustache on the other side of the feed being payed to view and take note of the footage 24/7?
>>
File: Watching Cops.jpg (55KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
Watching Cops.jpg
55KB, 302x302px
>Live in the area.

Go to ground, DO NOT answer the door if the pigs come to it (legally you don't have to) and unless they get enough proof/evidence for a search warrant then you should be all good in the hood.

The majority of the time, it's the criminal who squeals on himself; don't be one of those douche bags.
>>
>>17434949
I would bet nobody's watching it at all. Sure somebody has access to it but cameras are there for people to review footage after the fact, not Big Brother from some fucking control room all day

But having a camera there = hey there's a camera right there = less crime
>>
>>17434927

If this is in america then youre fine. They have no evidence. Some random package/object on video doesnt mean shit. I mean fuck you could have a bag of weed that has "THIS IS WEED 420 BLAZE IT FUCK THE POLICE" in big block letters and hold it up to the camera and they still couldnt do shit.

They need physical possession of the drugs. Otherwise they have nothing that is admissable in court. They cant prove what it is or is not unless they can test it in a drug lab. Cases have been thrown out even when cops arrest a guy and write down they obtained cocaine and it turned out to be a different drug - which is why they have to write "appears to be X drug" until the lab verifies.

In short youre safe. HOWEVER, should you make a habit of doing drug deals infront of cameras, they will see a pattern and be there waiting for you eventually. Id imagine they are there mainly as a deterent rather than an actual crime fighting tool.

Also friendly reminding that police dont need a search warrant/probable cause to access your text messages and social media communication. Phonecalls are not recorded unless there is a warrant though (but call logs always are) so thats the safest way other than encyption (overkill and gay) and speaking face to face.
>>
>>17435002
>>17435003
These are both reassuring posts, thank you.

For the sake of my whiney insecurities, worst case what is the likelyhood that, should the event have been noticed, it would be traceable back to me?

Probably not I'm guessing from logic
You probably don't need to answer this
However there have been cases in the next city across from mine of people having been buttfucked over this, http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/ten-charged-crackdown-drug-dealing-8420880
>>
File: Air Guitar.gif (1MB, 388x272px) Image search: [Google]
Air Guitar.gif
1MB, 388x272px
>>17435002

>Be me.
>Live in a super nice area, super nice house filled super high end electronics.
>My Canadian landlord/roommate almost NEVER locks his door.
>Has a super high end secuirty camera with visible night vision lights, etc.

He says "Oh yeah, they're not hooked up; the security company was charging me an arm and a leg so I cancelled the service. Now they're on a time and light up for show, eh.

Fucking Canadians, they're funny.
>>
>>17434949
The cameras could be fake. Used as a type of placebo effect. Make think they're being watched to reduce the likelihood of illegal activity. I've seen this tactic and used it before to deter thieves. But that's the thing, is that if someone really wants drugs, they'll just get it somewhere else.
>>
>>17435025
>>17435027
Do you know what mate there have been I think 5 cameras installed in total around the area and the one directly on the corner of where the drug dealers park, opposite my house, had a length of rope tied to it and pulled down. Two police officers drove up half way through the effort to set up police tape around some ins covering the post, left, and I found the camera had been removed successfully an hour later.

In hindsight, is it of higher likelyhood the intervention was as a result of a phone all being made rather than the footage being viewed on the other side? This was two days ago
>>
Also what's ducking hilarious is that the cameras were installed by direct result of a residents association my mum happens to be a part of, the last meeting of which took place in my front room this morning.
>>
But also there was a guy during the meeting whom I suspect may not have taken a liking to me so what if he calls in to the police and complains about the footage at that time?
>>
>>17435218

Dude chill the fuck out they arnt going to kick in your god damn door over a pot deal. They dont even watch that shit actively, do you have any idea how much manpower and resources that would take?

Its for show. No one wants to hear a bunch of soccer moms and limp wrist faggots whine about victimless crimes. They effectively made them shut up.

The ONLY time it would be an issue is if someone called the cops on you, while you were on camera. At which point the cops could no longer simply pretend to give a fuck and would be forced to do "something" like knock on your door. Otherwise the soccer moms would bitch even more.

They just dont want to hear that shit. As long as they arnt, youre golden.
>>
>>17435244
I might be eating limp wrist faggot dick
But only if they pool in sources quick enough because possession is illegal and not it being in your piss?
>>
>>17435353
I could just
smoke it all right now
But I wouldn't
Do that
>>
>>17435357
I could also ask google he is my friend
>>
>>17435025
I remember in Bowling For Columbine he went around and just opened people's doors in Canada and I always thought it was ridiculous but it's funny that that's apparently true
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.