[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no time with wife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: when_you_give_up.jpg (64KB, 550x531px) Image search: [Google]
when_you_give_up.jpg
64KB, 550x531px
So we're trying to make a real future so we both going to school for Tech degrees. We're also working full time to pay bills. So we have very little time together, we have to take time off work to have a day off together.

I'm thinking about renting out the upstairs for some extra money but it wouldn't change our work hours, so I'm not are what would solve the problem. Student loans?
>>
>>17434776

You could look for better paying jobs with lower hours

But the real easy way to manage your economy is to reduce your expenses.
Have you bought a home or rented? If rented, you could consider finding a cheaper place.
Do you have two cars? Maybe do away with one of them. If your schools are close by, you could simply ride bikes or mopeds. Or public transport.

There are also a host of grants and scholarships that you probably didn't even knew existed. Try researching this, maybe one of you is eligible for a grant or something.

Your relationship cannot bear to not have enough time with each other, so you should prioritize that, even if it means you have to take some student loans. You decide yourself which amounts I believe, so you don't have to enter crippling debt. Maybe just enough for the two of you to gear down to part-time gigs.

It would also help if you wrote a small greentext about how your finances are, what you work with, and how much time you spend studying.
>>
>>17434807We can't do away with cars because we're on different school schedules and work schedule for her are back to back.
She has two part time jobs.

We haven't checked out grants or scholarships so that's a good idea.

We own a house.

> mortgage is $1000
> tuition is $300
>bills n saving are $1000
>insurance is $400
>monthly combined bills around $3000

We both only make about12-13hr and then study around 8-10hrs a week. She also is also interning for a place and I'm planning on doing the same in 3-6months.
We're packed.
>>
Is the potential for a better future worth the very real risk of your relationship dissolving right now?

Relationships are like plants, they need constant care and maintenance to flourish. If you neglect that then they die. Remember that everyone and their dog has a degree now and so the jobs are not guaranteed to be good, or even exist.

How much money over your lifetime is your relationship worth to you?
>>
>>17434776
>So we're trying to make a real future so we both going to school for Tech degrees.

Good for you. Not being sarcastic, I actually mean it. People with tech degrees get the jobs that people without the degrees want, get them for higher starting salaries, and move upward with greater ease. You will not regret getting them.

>We're also working full time to pay bills. So we have very little time together, we have to take time off work to have a day off together.

How long will this situation remain? I ask because, and not trying to compare sob stories with you, but almost immediately after marrying, I had to live in a different country than my wife for more than a year. It was hard, and a few people told us we wouldn't make it, and I'm sure plenty more said it to themselves.

But we knew we weren't most people, and we did make it work, and part of the reason we were able to was that we knew exactly how long we would have to be apart. It was finite, it was something we could measure and manage. If you're living in the way you describe, and your estimate for how long you'll have to keep living like this is, "???" then you're facing a much bigger challenge than we were. Uncertainty kills.

So: first advice, figure out how long of a time frame you're looking at, and decide if you can endure it, or what it will take to endure it. The anon suggesting scholarships is spot on. I will say yes to student loans as well, and I will also tell you, from experience, don't race to pay them off. The interest on them is usually quite low, and once the money starts coming in, it will be put to better use being saved and invested than in paying off student loans. The same *cannot* be said for credit card debt. Pay any and all of that off as soon as possible.
>>
>>17435246
About 3.50
>>17435399
Thanks. She has another year. I have a year and a half. But I'm taking summer to shorten it to a year.
I hope we can make it but it's hard.

Well look into loans and scholarships
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.