[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting acne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pepperoni.jpg (18KB, 483x323px) Image search: [Google]
pepperoni.jpg
18KB, 483x323px
So I'm 19 and have extreme acne on my back. I also have chest acne but I believe that it is partially because of ingrown chest hair and I'm very prone to sweating. Time to time I also get a few zits on my chin.

I'm trying to fight it, but I need some extra advice.

Also, will shaving/waxing the chest reduce acne in the long run?

What I do;
Take 2 showers everyday.
Drink a lot of water.
Use anti acne creams.
Have seen the dermatologist and I've been perscripted to drink roccutane.
>>
>>17434743
How long have you been using the creams? Because my brother used to have the same issue but after around 6 months it was all completely cleared up.
>>
How long on the roccutane?
>>
>>17434743

You might be showering too much. Overshowering causes acne as well, once a day should be enough

Also

Loose weight
Stop drinking soda
Stop eating sweets
Excersize
Avoid junkfood
Change bedclothes and covers every week
>>
>>17434743
Stop using creams.

Shower once every 2 days, use soap in the shower sparingly, do more excersise.

If your acne is as bad as the picture go and get some antibiotics say to the doctor you want antibiotics not weird stuff
>>
>>17434753
3 Months
>>17434763
A few weeks
>>
>>17434771
It's honestly quite similar. I don't even have the confidence to go out with women or even go to the beach.
>>
>>17434778

Stupid-ass, sunshine is one of the best cures for acne.
>>
What's your diet like? You should only be drinking water and eating veggies and fish only.
>>
>>17434743

I got a case of pizza back myself. You are probably showering too often and too hot. Try showering once in two days and try luke-warm water.

For me, the solution is to swim in the sea for a week or two and lay in the sun.

Perhaps sea use a sea salt creme or soak in a bath with it? Also, scrub your back when you take a shower/bath.
>>
dietary has nothing to do with acne. my dermatologist prescribed me something with Isotretinoin for a year. I shower only once a week, eat normal and rarely change my bedclothes. since that i am on Adapalene to cream my back and face once in a time to keep it acne free. for me it worked. People say this stuff is bad and so, but acne is worse than all this can cause. so happy to build up self esteem with a good looking face.
>>
>>17434743

First off, do NOT fucking pick at them or scratch at them or use a loofah and try to scrub the area clean.

Secondly, you 19 comrade; you're a raging tornado of phomones and this is a side effect. All you can really do is try to minimize the effects.

Thidly, go to a dermatologist and get a prescription for Epiduo. It's expensive even if you have fantastic insurance, roughly $80 per unit.

That shit will clear your problems right up.
>>
>>17434833
The only unhealthy food that I can think of right now in my diet is an ocassional energy drink. Out of that I eat pretty healthy. Not much sugar or fat.
>>17434848
Sadly, I don't have the luxury of the sea next to me. Also I can't shower once in two days as I sweat a lot which can make my pores clog and lead to more acne.
>>
>>17434775
Wait until you finish your treatment with the roccutane before getting upset.
>>
>>17434865
Carbs break down to sugars whenever they are digested.

I suffered from acne when I was in high school and going to near ketosis levels of diet really helped me.

There are many different triggers for different people. Some people break out from dairy, I broke out horribly from caffeine.

It's tough but it's worth a try. It'll make you feel better all around too. I've heard that cardio can really help as well.
>>
>>17434877
>There are many different triggers for different people.
That's why I get pissed. I can't seem to find the cause. I suspect my hormones to be the main cause while dietary problems come io chip in.

Will try cardio out.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.