[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair health?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-08-02-00-58-18.png (357KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-02-00-58-18.png
357KB, 720x1280px
So, this is really different than a lot of /adv/ posts, but I don't know where else I'd go.

I'm a guy and have curly/wavy hair that is always really coarse like a Brillo pad, and if I let it grow even a little bit long it starts becoming completely untamable and morphs into... Not quite an afro, but something similar. Point is, I've always fucking hated it since I was a kid, but I was too lazy/awkward to do anything about it. Recently I've been paying more attention to my physical appearance and my shitty hair is pretty much the #1 thing I want to fix first. What do?

Obviously I'm going to need to start using some kind of product to tame it and make it less messy, but I have no idea what's a good brand and where to start. And even beyond that, what should I generally be doing for my hair's health so maybe it's less coarse and Brillo-y all the time? I've seen a lot of conflicting information, like "Oh, you should shower and wash/condition your hair every day" and "no, washing it with shampoo and conditioner every day is actually really bad for it and will make it worse, only wash it every three days". I just want some proven facts and a checklist that I can follow.

Please help me out, hair experts of /adv/?

Pic unrelated
>>
Use some thermal reconditioning on Amazon. Don't use relaxer, it will fuck your shit up.
>>
>>17434146
Ask on /fa/
You're more likely to get replies than on this board.
>>
File: BitchChar.jpg (104KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
BitchChar.jpg
104KB, 640x1136px
Just shave your fucking head. Also nice bitch dragonite. Check out my bitch charizard. His IVs are terrible.
>>
>>17434206
>Just shave your fucking head

The idea is to look more socially acceptable, not less.
>>
you will be repulsed by my advice due to social conditioning but i will say it anyway: i'm a guy and always liked having long hair. at first i bought into the bait of using products, shampoo, conditioner, etc and hated how it made my hair really soft, fluffy, and unmanageable. for me, a bad hair day was after i'd washed it with products. i used to hate those days in school.

anyway, once i left highschool and grew some balls, i stopped using products on my hair completely and even stopped washing it with water except "once in a long while". it gets wet in the shower but i don't wash it completely to the roots or anything. my hair is now literally past my belly button and i get compliments on it non-stop from everyone and get people asking how i keep it so nice. they never believe me that i don't do a damn thing with it.

the truth is that your hair develops natural oils that protect it and keep it very nice and healthy (assuming you have a healthy diet etc) and as long as you groom regularly, ie combing your hair with your hands, making sure it doesn't get tangled and knotted, it self-cleans and stays nice. you also have to scratch your scalp to keep up with the dead skin cells.

tl;dr don't do a damn thing, stop doing everything, let it be natural and groom regularly with your hands. i've kept my hair this way for years now and as i said get compliments all the time. you wouldn't believe how many grills are jealous of my hair because they waste so much money and time on using products and i have nicer hair by doing nothing.

hair care products are a total sham and probably do more damage than good.
>>
>>17435203
Post pic pls
>>
>>17435203

True. But you didnt mention the part where it takes 1-2 years of having absolutely disgusting greasy hair while your scalp adjusts to not being in oil production overdrive 24/7. Best time to start this is when you dont have hair.

As for OP, theres nothing you can do. Its the physical shape of your hair follicles, no amount of chemicals or lack thereof will change what shape they are. Its simply your genetics dude. Either learn to accept it or cut it.
>>
I have curly hair too, and it's a pain in the ass, but it's manageable.

Try not to shampoo every day - try once or twice a week. More importantly, don't use shampoo with sulfates; they're harsh soaps that strip out the oil in your hair (curls have a hard enough time retaining moisture). Condition far more often, whenever you get your hair wet, but avoid silicones because you need sulfates to wash them out. It's actually a good idea to not rinse out all the conditioner either.

Your hair might feel gross for a couple weeks while you adjust, but it's worth it.

Don't towel dry your hair, and definitely never brush it. Comb with a wide toothed comb when it's wet with conditioner in to detangle. Scrunch out excess water with a t-shirt and let it air dry for best results.

Shea moisture is a good brand, but there's also cheaper things out there. Just mind the ingredients and don't rough up your hair too much.
>>
>not posting a picture

you fucking
idiot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.