[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I ask for help with my depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1447632059262.jpg (81KB, 593x539px) Image search: [Google]
1447632059262.jpg
81KB, 593x539px
I'm 85% sure I have clinical depression and potentially other possible psychological issues but I don't see a therapist or anything. 20 years old, living at home with parents who care about me but I don't know how to approach them with this. I've lost motivation to do a lot of things because I feel like they're hopeless endeavors and that I'm not cut out to achive or complete them. Dad thinks that I "feel sorry for myself" which isn't completely untrue and Mom kind of likes to ignore issues until they are extremely pertinent. I feel like I might need some help with it and don't know how to ask for it, I'm not really one to rely on others or ask for anything. I might be afraid of being judged too, I don't know really.

Any advice for this?
>>
find a very close friend who knows you really well and is okay with talking to you about this shit, a shrink, or both

really try to talk to your parents about it, but if they are unsympathetic, you need to look elsewhere

the key word there is need, this is not something to ignore.

not something to freak out about, but you need to talk to someone in person about it
>>
>>17432892

Typical first world millennial problems man.

You grew up like a lot of young white men, in a suburban home with reasonable privileges and opportunities that come with being a white middle class man. Your only real responsibilities in life were getting decent grades in school and maybe a few chores around the house.

You never had to worry if you were going to eat tonight, if the cops were going to come looking for your dad or if your mom was going to overdose again. You never had to get school lunch vouchers and that being your only warm meal. You never got harassed by a gang and feared for your life. You never had a cop pull a gun on you and fear for your life even though you didn't do anything.

You don't have real problems so your mind focuses on small ones and makes them big. It is because the human mind isn't meant to be so sheltered. We are built to survive and persevere and struggle through conflict coming out stronger on the other end. You never had that REAL conflict where you had to be stronger so now that real life responsibilities start to creep on you then you feel incapable and powerless.

Fuck, you don't even know how to make an appointment with a therapist without mommys help.

Your parents disserviced you by not being harder on you. If you were my kid I would smack the shit out of you until you got off your ass and fucking failed at shit until you got better at it.
>>
>>17432942

1. Life isn't a contest to see how shitty you have it. Nobody cares about your retarded blog unless you're asking for advice.

2. You literally know nothing about you've just assumed about OP whatsoever, and any fiction you invent for some anonymous faggot you've never met isn't insightful.

3. OP could very well just be a bitch, or he could legitimately have some kind of chemical imbalance causing him depression. You don't know. You literally have no idea and are just talking out your ass.

4. Nigger.
>>
>>17433380
This. Nigger.
>>
>>17432942
>implying the benefits you mentioned are exclusive to millennials

Living privileged life is nothing new and you have a very warped perspective.
>>
>>17432942
Didn't even read the whole post but nice bait.
Leave this board and kill yourself you sack of worthless shit.
>>
Hey man, your situation sounds a lot like mine at the moment.

I finally said enough and set up an appointment somewhere a few days ago, and to be honest it wasn't really that bad of an experience. I had been sitting on the idea for a couple months and wasn't sure of many things, like if it'd be right for me, if they took my insurance, etc., but once I got it out of the way all that worry just disappeared. I recommend if you have insurance to use ZocDoc to see if there's anyone in the area that'll take it. Trust me, once you make a call and get it over with, a lot of your worries will be gone.
>>
>>17432906
>>17433893
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.