[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ask the LawFag!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.jpg (4KB, 140x223px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4KB, 140x223px
Hello /adv/ocates, LawFag here again. Ask anything. I'm in Canada, and do mostly family law. If it's a legal question, tell me what country you're from, and if USA or Canada the state or province.
>>
>>17432134
I live in the United States. I had a plan to get married to my best friend for protection. Since gay marriage is legal he and I can get married, however polygamy is not legal. So this was my idea
He and I get married.
I meet some girl and we get "married" to make her happy and content with her life
If things turn sour and she tries to divorce me and clean me out she won't get shit because I was already married to my friend.
She doesn't get shit and I come out the winner.

The only reason I even considered this is because marriage is so one sided toward women when it comes to divorce. People say to win the game is to not play it. I think in this case I've won the game beyond all thought.

Pic related

Everyone's playing checkers, but I've been playing chess for years.
>>
>>17432163
>I meet some girl and we get "married" to make her happy and content with her life
>If things turn sour and she tries to divorce me and clean me out she won't get shit
That's an interesting proposition Anon. You're quite a schemer. So are you saying that your first "legal" gay marriage would be solely to make your second marriage illegal? You're not really gay?
>>
>>17432212
No, I'm not gay.
Marriage isn't about love. I can marry whoever I want and it's not about romance or anything, it's a piece of paper that gives people benefits. It's not the bonding of two people that love each other. It's literally just so he and I could never get fucked over by some hypergamous cunt. There's nothing that says that we have to love/kiss/fuck/etc to get married, we just both need to consent and sign a paper.

The idea is that this marriage is a legal one and any other marriage afterwards would not be legally binding.

Would this hold up? Polygamy isn't legal, so I don't see how I could get raped via alimony unless my beat friend were to file for divorce.

I'm pretty sure we don't even have to live together, we just need to file our taxes properly and use titles when needed.

So would it work?
>>
>>17432247
>The idea is that this marriage is a legal one
OK, I get it. But I can see some problems.
When you file taxes, what is each of your spouses going to say about their marital status?

You could certainly be charged with polygamy or fraud if/when you're discovered.

You'll need to talk to a family lawyer in your state to determine whether an automatic annulment cancels your spouse's property rights. Even if the marriage is annulled, if it's a long term relationship then I suspect that your second spouse would still have claims against you as if you were in a commonlaw relationship.
>>
>>17432310
Oops, I'm also posting in /fit/ as the JuiceFag. But this is me, Anon. Sorry about any confusion I might have caused.
>>
>>17432310
Alright, good to know.

I'm trying my best to play 4d chess.
>>
>>17432325
The law isn't likely as technical in this area as you're hoping. I suspect that a lawyer will tell you that the court always has jurisdiction to see through a fair result in family law.

This is why prenups get overturned when they are unfair.

If your wife goes to family court crying that your ten year marriage turned out to be a sham and a fraud, I'm pretty sure that the court would find a way to make sure you didn't get away with it on a technicality. There's a principle that the fraudster shouldn't benefit from the fraud to the injury of an innocent party.

4d chess? Give my best to Trump, Anon.
>>
>>17432163
>she won't get shit because I was already married to my friend
Won't it already be on record that you're married? Like when they do the paperwork for your fake wedding, won't they see that you're married? Won't she be able to sue you for... I dunno, something.
>>
I want to buy a long gun to go hunting with my friends near the end of the month but had a 4th degree assault from when I was 16. I did something that I think was deferred something or other and after that the judge said my record would be expunged. But I read an article the other day saying that my state (washington) notoriously didn't expunge records once offenders of eligibility met the requirements, contrary to what the judge said. Will this infraction prevent me from buying a gun and if so, will I need a lawyer/money to get it expunged?
>>
>>17432358
That's pretty screwed up that I could be considered as injuring my false wife when she wants to divorce me and clean out my wallet. She wanted to go through with a divorce to clean me out and I'm injuring her by 4d chessing the shit out of the legal system. Seems fucked up to me.

>>17432369
To sue someone there must be damages. How do I damage someone who is trying to get money that I earn and I simply protect myself? It doesn't make sense to me. Alimony is fucked.
>>
>>17432382
>I want to buy a long gun
Good question, Anon. I can't answer that, especially since you might get in some deep shit if I steer you wrong.

Go to /k/ and ask, or to a forum for gun laws in your state, and check with a criminal lawyer once you're more educated on the issue.
>>
>>17432385
The question is going to be whether your spouse was reasonable in believing that she had the rights and obligations that came with being married.

If you marry someone with more assets than you, or someone who earns more than you, then it flows both ways.

In my experience, the "women always win" thing is vastly overrated and exaggerated. Really. I'm not a woman and a feminist and want to perpetuate a justice system that screws over the men, and I don't want to debate it with retards on 4chan who will tell me to kill myself or support Trump else my mother will die in her sleep.
>>
>>17432454
>whether your spouse was reasonable in believing that she had the rights and obligations that came with being married.
I suppose that makes sense.
>>
>>17432471
Yeah, it does. We all hear the horror stories and they are out there, but in real family court the Judge wants to do what's fair at the end of the day. Judges are people too. And in Canada, Judges are all former lawyers with at least 10 years of being an active full time lawyer. Lots of judges are separated and divorced, believe me. Lots are paying alimony and child support themselves.
>>
>>17432134

>I'm in Canada

NEXT
>>
>>17432521
You have a question?

Or perhaps you'd rather ask something from the other lawyer, from the US, with 20 years of experience, on /adv/ right now?

Eat me. Or go back to /pol/.
>>
>>17432134
Virginia here, DNA tested my baby. If Negative can I keep my legal rights over her or do they get taken away? US/VA
>>
If I'm riding my bike and someone opens their door on me and they ruin my bike and make me take a tumble, am I still under "self-defense" if I make them eat their teeth?

Asking for a friend.
>>
How do I successfully avoid paying taxes?
>>
>>17432385
yeah but what if you get sick of her first and want to "divorce" her? then what?
>that would never happen
k
>>
>>17432134
In the US, doesn't restriction of sexual freedom( incest / bestiality) contradictory to the guarantee of pursuit of happiness and freedom?
>>
canadian here.

mother died two months ago. there is a will it state something like : "my spouse gets gets everything but I wish for him to distribute my stuff according to things i've said through out my life" which meant i was suppose to inherit half the house. but she died so suddenly she couldn't change her will.

do i have a case to contest the will if my step father becomes the ass we all know him to be?
>>
>>17433036
Not CanadaLawFag, but HawaiiLawFag...

If you have a continuous history of providing for the child, then yes. If this was a child born during the marriage, then yes. If this was a child before a marriage, then yes. If this was a child you've provided for and you've never been married, then yes.

Certain legal rights are granted to family members, and certain legal rights can be granted to those who take care of the child.

Like this: a stranger can't just take you to court for custody of your children, because they have no standing or vested interest in the child's well being. However, a person who supports a child has a CLEAR interest in the child's well being and will be granted standing to make a claim.
>>
>>17433139
Thanks lawfag. I think I might of spoken to you two weeks ago. Lawfag then was from HI.
>>
>>17433146
Oh, Mr. Virginia! Is that you?

Did you file motions to modify/dismiss?

Yeah, it's been a while since I have been on. I only get on here when I am drinking (which seems to be a lot lately).
>>
>>17433059
Not OP, but yes. In the US at least, that person can claim the event as an accident, fully covered by their insurance.

Your friend, however, is subject to battery laws which impose civil and criminal liabilities. I hope for the sake of your friend, nobody lost teeth, the last I checked they were the price of a new BMW where I live.
>>
>>17433164
Invite sent from my tosser.
>>
might as well

>>17433168
>>
File: 1467948522511.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467948522511.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Hi, I could really use an adv/.

Basicaly I have my sweatheart in Maine and I'm from Eastern Europe *Nato,Eu afiliated*

In the longterm I plan to move to her and live togheter.
Shortterm I plan to visit her.

My questions are:

1. When going to get the visa should I spill or truth or hide everything with a vacation facade?
2. How is it the most efficient way to get married and have the paperwork done?
>>
If a person who's say 17 tickles a.small child allot, can the parents get him in trouble? If they ask the child about it and the child likes it is not ok legally?
>>
is davenport university a good school
>>
>>17432134
From California here.

I am the anon who wrote on one of your previous posts. I am the student who cant get college financial aid because the IRS hasnt done my taxes yet, even though I sent them on February 14th.

So I call them today (called them 6 times over the past 5 months or so) and they tell me that I need to make an appointment to verify my identity. I called 6 times before and all they told me was to wait. Now they tell me that THEY HAVENT EVEN STARTED MY TAXES YET. They never sent me a letter asking me to come in or verify my identity.
Wtf can I do?? My unofficial financial aid from my school stated that I would only need to pay 10k this year for tuition if I sent in my tax transcript. Now I need to take out a loan of 30k because of these lazy fuckers. Please help me.

Sorry for the bad English. It's 1:30am here and Im a little sleepy
>>
>>17433518
Not CanadaLawFag, but HawaiiLawFag,,

Although you apply for federal aid, the aid is dependent upon the school you apply to. When you are granted aid by the government, it's disbursement is granted by the institution in which you were accepted. First and foremost, you have to abide by their governing bylaws before this matter is taken to arbitration. Bylaws are predominately governed by student handbooks. I wish I could help here, but I really need to know the UNI and their bylaws, sorry.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.