[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food allergies in the workplace.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_6.png (207KB, 417x325px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
207KB, 417x325px
I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I'm going to be posting here and some other threads, and I may move it to reddit as well.

I'm a fulltime college student with two jobs. One of these jobs transferred me to the front end of the supermarket. (I stocked shelves in the natural foods selection for a month and a half.) Now, I had an allergic reaction to something that I touched. I didn't get hives, but I couldn't feel the skin where contact was made. My tongue started to swell as well. I went home early, took medication and went to bed. I talked to the head manager and he said that he'd transfer me but the front end manager is desperate for people and convinced him to let me stay. I'm apprehensive as to what can happen to me after that incident.

Greentext;tldr:

>fulltime college student with two jobs.
>one job I worked at the supermarket.
>Stocked the general merchandise shelves for a month and a half.
>Got transferred to front end.
>Had a severe allergic reaction to some exotic fruit when I touched it.
>Left home.
>Asked to tranfer again.
>Said they'd put me back in old department.
>Gets call saying they desperately need people in front end.

Can they do this to me knowing that I'm allergic to a product that they sell or am I looking to quit?
>>
>>17432020
My question is, why aren't they supplying you with gloves? And if they are, why aren't you using them?
>>
Wear gloves or figure out what you're allergic to and don't touch that shit no matter what.
>>
>>17432025
they aren't supplying me with gloves. I brought my own gloves.
Also, I didn't know I was allergic to the thing I mentioned above.
>>
>>17432020
Insist on transfer. This is a matter of emplyee health and safety and might even come under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Briefly, they CAN NOT order you to do something that endangers your health.
>>
>>17432239
I'm in Canada and I'm not sure if that has the same act or not. I'll be talking to them tomorrow and I'm going to cross my fingers and see if they can move me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.