[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I keep helping financially to my father?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fthr.png (296KB, 513x260px) Image search: [Google]
fthr.png
296KB, 513x260px
>father's business got bankrupt four years ago
>five years ago he bought his $50 000 dream car on leasing, even though he should have invested into business expansion
>he never had any financial reserve
>he was personally reponsible for his fault as an engineer and the fault of his business due to his irresponsible approach
>his corporation did not have enough cash to pay for debts
>all his belogings got into foreclosure
>he can't oficially work now without having all money he makes transfered to his creditors
>he recieves state pension that does not enable him to fully cover his expenses
>eight years ago, he and my mother have left to me one investment property and the other one to my brother
>I have rented it ever since, my brother has sold it off
>now he demands to give him about 40 % of my rental income to help him, my brother did not help him, ever
>I have been helping him this way for five years
>he did not have created any financial reserve
>still can't work
>will never be able to pay off his debts
>still rides in his dream car that was assigned to my name before foreclosure
>goes on holiday two to three times a year for the money I gave him

Should I keep helping financially to my father anymore? I feel I am being totally exploited if I continue like this.
>>
>>17430337
bump
>>
Wow, I went through this with my mom
except she had property that I took care of without pay.

This is a 2 way street. He's using you and you're letting him. He's bad with money. People don't advance/work until they are entirely broke and completely under pressure.

Do you live with him?
Does your brother love with him?
>>
You should get your name off this, if possible.
Also if he still drives this car instead of downsizing to a cheaper vehicle, he does not give a fuck. Don't do it, he gifted you the property, so fuck him.
>>
check THOROUGHLY if he can fuck you up. For example, in some countries you could be responsible for debts your parents cant pay.
After you check everything, tell him to fuck off.
Five years were more than enough for your parents to get back up, if he doesnt care, why should you?
>>
>>17430337
Sorry but yeah, you're being taken advantage of.

Ditch the car (unless you're stuck in a lease contract). Even then, try to get out of it.

No more money for vacations.

If he needs help paying the bills, take over paying them and don't give him the money.

Why can't he work? Because they will take some of his pay to pay off creditors? Boo hoo. Have him get a job.
>>
>>17430337
>goes on holiday two to three times a year for the money I gave him
Top cuck.
I guess your brother was the smart one. He must been figure out that your father was a dick.
You will stay on this until he dies if you do not man up and confront him.
>>
>>17430446
>do you live with him?
OP here, no I live in my own separete house.
>does your brothe love with him?
No, he told me he hates him, because he exploited him in his late 20s (he is almost 40 now), just like he does it to me (I am 26).

>>17430468
Thanks for that advice, I'll keep it in mind and will do something about it at soon as possible. I have already recived multiple tickets of speeding because of his driving and they were entitled to my name! Shame on my father.

>>17430495
I have checked on it, I can't be responsible for his debts by any law, if he dies I only choosde not to inherit, there is nothing to inherit anyway apart from the debts.

>tell him to fuck off.
Thanks, I needed to hear this. I also think five years is long time enough and his situation did not changed a bit.

>Ditch the car (unless you're stuck in the lease contract)
It's fully paid off, he paid the lease with the money he recieved from me. I've tried to sell the car two times, he refused and made astonishing emotional hassel, that the only reason he has the car is to take occasional contracts for daily work as a certified engineer, he said that he would lose confidence if he would not drive by that car... pointless to discuss with him.

>Why can't he work? Because they will take some of his pay to pay off creditors? Boo hoo. Have him get a job.
Yes they will take it all, he will do the job, but will make only 0 for it, hence he has no motivation, he does only sometime daily work when can he utilize his engineering degree (like signing for some hous plans or so...), also he is 65 years old.

>>17430549
You're almost 100 % right, although my brother did also a bad move, he got divorced, lost half his net worth and pays alimony to this day, that was why he had to sell the property and fuck his father over.
>>
>>17430615
This is really sad. He just does not respect you at all, especially since you let him take advantage of you financially. I'm sure you probably feel bad since he is your father, but damn. He really fucked you over.
>>
>>17430625
This, from the way you've put it you've certainly supported him enough, it's time to cut him off. No more being guilted out of it.
>>
>>17430625
Yes, he keeps telling me, that if it wasn't for him in the first place, I would not have such a good start to life and that is the reason I have to pay him until he dies, he believes that it is fundamentally right. Even though his financial irresponsibility has basically destroyed our family many years ago and he did not change ever since, he just keeps exploiting everyone he can. The key problem here is that even though I would let him be and exit this madness, I still know he is my father, it's hard decision to make from my perspective, if I could only let someone else to do it instead and never seen him again, that's hardly possible of course.
>>
>>17430636
When my brother cut him off several years ago, he had to call three times police patrol to get him out of his property, this is big emotional damage and stress to take, I can expect the same consequences, my father is a dire beast and he is not ashamed to go and keep asking for money from my tennants, he lives in the same city as the property is located and I don't want to sell and buy another one somewhere else in the next five years, market is just rebounding.
>>
>>17430646
It might be worth it honestly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.