[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used found debit card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_11770138882551.jpg (42KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11770138882551.jpg
42KB, 320x233px
So guys I work at a store as a cashier. Last tuesday some customers dropped their debit card and I picked it up and put it on a drawer in case they came back. I felt very tempted to use it and I did. I bought an Iphone 6 on amazon. The customers went back to the store the next day and picked up the card (It was a business debit card). I know I shouldn't have done it but the Iphone is already shipped and everything, I just have to go pick it up at the post office. I'm scared since I think I can get in big trouble for that. Can I get arrested??? What should I do? Please help
>>
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>17429670
It's not even funny. I don't know what to do. I need help. Seriously
>>
>>17429673

If this isn't a troll, you certainly just committed a felony. Ditch the iPhone and don't say anything about this again.
>>
This is a serious crime. Send it back and say nothing.
>>
>>17429673
>I don't know what to do
Go to prison for committing identity theft.

Don't drop the soap.
>>
>>17429694
/thread

>I stole money and bought something
>Am I in trouble?

Can'tTroll/10
>>
>>17429662
most stores have you sign papers for confidentiality, so if you stole their information knowingly you can most likely go to jail or get in a lot of trouble. you'll most likely lose your job, not even joking. either that or you hope they don't realize it.

send the phone back, ask them for a refund to the card. the money will go back (hopefully).
otherwise expect yourself having a lot of trouble
>>
you fucked up senpai...they're going to see where the phone shipped and link it back to you. don't drop the soap man.
>>
You're actually retarded and it's hilarious.
>>
> Can I get arrested?

You used someone else's card to buy yourself a phone. What do you think that's called?
>>
File: tao.gif (618KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
tao.gif
618KB, 1680x1050px
>OP commits a felony
>asks if he can get in trouble for it
>>
The owner of the card will see the charge and contact amazon, they will be able to see any account that used that card.

You're fucked.
>>
>>17429801

Even if you do request a refund the statement will still show that money was taken out to buy an iPhone from Amazon and this can raise a lot of alarms for the user.

Best case scenario here is that the owner doesn't really check their statements carefully (but seriously, who wouldn't notice an iphone 6 purchase, those little things cost as much as a laptop these days)...or that they see it, call their bank and decide to change their card and forget about it. It's happened to me once, I saw some weird charges being made on my card from Ireland, called my bank, they refunded the money and I got a new card. Didn't think of pursuing it further since I'd obviously been hacked and it'd take a lot of work.

Average case scenario is that he/she sees the charge, traces it back to you, comes to your job, and you get fired for it.

Worst case scenario is the police get involved and you actually get arrested.

Geez man, how did you mess up this badly? What were you even thinking?
>>
1. Why would you use it online where it is easy as fuck to trace

2.Why would you buy something as expensive as an iPhone

3.Why would you risk any of this at all?
>>
>>17429816
You dont need an account to order something online. He/she probably just added the account info and tilch else.
>>
>>17429826

You wot m8? If you buy something from Amazon, it can be traced right back to you, down to which computer and browser you used to place the order.
>>
>>17429830
Id assume this guy did it on theure current phone
>>
You could get in big trouble for this considering you indirectly stole a customers credit card, adding on top of the fact that you used someone elses credit card. the best thing you could do is return the phone and get a refund and make sure the money is returned (without revealing what you did to the owner of course). This is the best thing to do from a legal perspective and morally, you will feel good about yourself in a few years about doing the right thing
>>
>>17429662
You're probably in some deep shit.

Why didn't you destroy the card or get rid of it after you used it?

Did the customers know they dropped it there?

Man you could have gotten away this if you didn't act like an idiot and give the card back.

Most likely, they'll notice the charge, And ask your store. You can deny it, but someone is going to talk to Amazon and find out it was you. You'll get fired almost for sure, and then if you apologize and send the phone back and get the refund, they might let you off the hook.
>>
>>17430014
Man you probably even had the phone sent to your house or something didn't you
>>
Giving back the money probably won't help you at this point, giving the card back probably implicated you.

I wouldn't talk to anyone at this point, they may still have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt, but that's not hard.

Should have bought bitcoins..
>>
you fucked up hard
>>
>>17429662
im sorry your honnor, i thought it was my card. it was an honest mistake

you're fucked m8
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.