[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too cringy for my own good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Will make it as short as i can.
>One year ago ended my relationship, one of my longest ones so far
>It was with one guy my pack of friends knew and reasons were far too complicated to just list out
>Fast forward, it's 2000+16
>Hang out with this pack of friends
>Romantic interest in one of them
>Someone starts asking me about my relationship with that guy i broke up with
>Keeps pushing me on this topic
>I was too excited for my own good at that point and i really didn't watch what i was saying, and didn't really mind this conversation
>He asks why i broke up with him instead of trying to make up
>Really don't want to go into this, panic a little
>Because of how excited i was my mouth was faster than my mind
>I'm not even entirely sure what i exactly said, but the point was that the reason was this guy i'm currently interested in
>It was actually one of least important things in our breakup
Now i'm feeling awkward as fuck, and i know how cringy this sounded, but i really panicked there. I don't know if i should go talk to this guy about this not really being the reason at all, because i'm afraid it would simply make things even more awkward. Should i simply pretend this never happened? I'm kinda worried he might feel like a dick for doing this to my ex. Can i possibly fix this situation?
>>
bump?
>>
hmm, you might be fine and it's not anything crazy surprising, if he asked he was probably expecting a response.

as a rule just be careful when talking about exes, I don't think it ever goes well for anyone beyond saying you parted amiably.

You should own up to it, but you don't ever really have to bring it up again.

You can't fix stupid shit you say to people, trust me on that, most people are nice enough to not put you on the spot because basically everyone says something stupid and regrettable at some point or another without it being catastrophic, but it's part of someones macro perception of your character and rationale.

I would just act normal, everyone just want shit to feel normal.

Just be careful if you feel yourself getting carried away, hit pause, gauge your emotional state and context and the other persons response.

Don't beat yourself up over it, that;s almost worse, because then you feel like your constantly compensating unnecessarily.

If your cool with these people,
it's a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>17429529
Yeah, i'm seeing a psychologist right now because of how easily i get carried away. The only thing i'm worried about right now is my current love interest. I'm kinda worried he mighty feel guilty because of what i said.
>>
This is not how men work. You got way carried away and that is ok.
>>
>>17429540 (me)
that's good, btw you don't have to tell your dude that, I wouldn't... (one of those fucked up things where we all have issues but there's social stigma attached to seeking help)

You should be aware of physiological signs when that's happening, heart rate, blood pressure, racing thoughts, etc. feels a lot like love.

the worrying is probably more destructive then the thing you actually said.

>>17429561
this is slightly sardonic, but yeah, boys grow up having people say really fucked up shit to them and normalizing it, unless he's super sensitive he probably didn't notice.
>>
>>17429561
>>17429583
Okay, thanks, i was quite panicked here
>>
>>17429593
No worries,
A lot of people say exercise/meditation helps.
they're mostly right.
I drink coffee and smoke cigarettes..
kinda works.. not really.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.