[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I tolerate an /r9k/ friend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: youropinion.jpg (14KB, 404x378px) Image search: [Google]
youropinion.jpg
14KB, 404x378px
My best friend (if you could call us that) is a long-term /r9k/er, and this has come to explain why every conversation of sincere depth works its way (he does this) to the fact he isn't boning a girl he likes, nor has he recently...nor has he ever. Supposedly, this is because the world is inherently unfair towards his kind (however indescript that is), and women who /could/ be good partners to him are ruining themselves by being fat, liking things that are uncool or having unsavory personalities.

When the world isn't condemnable and evil for not having this hypothetical girl (he'll tell you it's evil because of things like the holocaust, but I'm pretty sure that's a crock of shit), he's busy loathing himself to such a degree that his positive traits get dragged through the mud, and he does this to himself.

We non-/r9k/er's poke fun at or ignore these people, but imagine coming to truly care about someone, only later to realize that they have been subject to group-brainwashing. (Some cults are relatively benign and self-inflicted by the followers long after the original creators are dead. If a cult mentality is set up to be enforced flawlessly by the followers, you don't even need anyone doing it on purpose or realizing that they are in a cult.)

It's a cult of 'virginity'. If you had sex with someone, then maybe it wasn't satisfying. If it was satisfying, then maybe you couldn't get the partner to stick around. If you get the partner to stick around, then maybe it's not one you like. It's a cult centered around the difficulty of reproduction and/or finding a 'soulmate'.

The, "I suck, you suck, we suck," mentality of these people is so disgusting that I would rather be conversing with a Neo-Nazi. At least an angry white supremacist would be able to be fucking positive for ten minutes!

I want advice from people not in the cult. If you have come here to defend /r9k/, please go back to whatever you were doing while I try to figure this out.

(continued/tldr below)
>>
tl;dr:

I have a friend who is deeply wound into /r9k/. The negativity and hopelessness is insufferable and constant. No amount of saying or doing anything will reverse the deeply-imbedded /r9k/ damage, at least nothing reasonable and legal.

Should I tolerate this friend? Is there anything I can do here? Will he always be this way?
>>
>>17429041
>should I tolerate an /r9k/ friend?
no
>inb4 back to tumblr
not even tumblr, just too damn old to put up with whining. life is short OP, you shouldn't "put up with" people that you don't have to. if the overall package of their personality is not pleasant enough for you to be able to tolerate their flaws or their opinions, and you're not under an obligation to be around them for some reason (such as family or work), then don't waste your time on them.
>>
>>17429056
and when I say whining, I don't mean that you were whining OP. I meant whining of robots, tumblrinas, pretty much everybody that has a victim complex for whatever reason. been there, done that, bought the crying towel.
>>
>>17429041
>The, "I suck, you suck, we suck," mentality of these people is so disgusting that I would rather be conversing with a Neo-Nazi.

Send him to /pol/ then.

Robot-pol crossposter here.

My life has changed 100% since I learned that it's all the jews fault.
Seriously I have something to live for now. Waiting for the fourth Reich,
>>
>>17429067
that's where my inspiration or that stupid comment came from

it's on the forefront of my mind because apparently everyone who is white and rich is a hard worker, but every rich person merely shuffles money and around and cons people is apparently a jew or puppeted by a jew.
>>
Have you tried to help him?

Have you tried to get him laid?

If nothing works and he's just a drain on you then consider cutting him off.
>>
Sounds like he needs professional help. Try referring him to a therapist.
>>
>>17429100
>Have you tried to help him?
I would have to be a highly skilled psychologist with a lot of free time and dedication to have any amount of success helping him.

>Have you tried to get him laid?
Are you a male? It seems easy to present guys to a girl, but difficult to present girls to a guy. Maybe that's just me.

How do you think I could get him "laid"? Also, did you see how I explained how cult of virginity goes beyond simply losing your virginity and becomes more about not finding love? I have no idea where to begin finding someone for him to /love/.

>If nothing works and he's a drain, than consider cutting him off
of course nothing works, and he is more cruel and depressing than a drain, although he's realized that it needs to be kept in check in order for someone to pay him attention
>>
>>17429111
he has a therapist to try and keep stable and appease his family, but he doesn't believe a therapist can help him resolve his situation,. he doesn't think he can resolve his situation
>>
>>17429123
I've kind of been there where he is. It's pretty much impossible to get laid with when you're in that toxic mindset. I lost so many opportunities that were pretty much in my hands.

Be honest with him that his mindset is making it difficult for you to be around him. If he's realizing that people are being pushed away then there might be a hint of self awareness and a glimmer of hope.

He's ultimately the one who decide if he changes. All you can do is offer the opportunity to help him. If he turns it down then you gave it your all and should move on.
>>
>>17429045
just drop him
there's no hope
>>
>>17429143
I think underneath all the disorganized talking and thinking we do, there might be something rational happening

he's looking for a girl most of the time. it has to be one that is compatible with his toxic mindset as you called it, but hey maybe those exist.

I guess there could be a positive chain reaction if he finds one and they love each other...but if anything last time that happened it was just fuel on the fire.

I told him his view on himself or the world when it's related to himself is distorted as someone in a mental hospital. I said this after he insulted me for having a job and a girlfriend.

I don't really want to say any more about this to him or it's going to look like I'm picking a fight or bullying him.
>>
>>17429143
>>17429149
yeah like I said he had a girlfriend, didn't quite lose his virginity, and it didn't quite work out or turn things around...

I have issues too. Knowing I can be loved is good, but having a girl never turns my shit around either. I don't think it's meant to.
>>
>>17429041
Telling him to shut the fuck up when he brings /r9k/ ramblings into real life conversation is perfectly OK. Leave him to himself if he can't understand why. It's very much possible to have those feelings but rarely or never talk about them, it's probably healthier too.

That said, it's not unreasonable to feel frustrated and disgusted with today's sexual morals, especially with the media openly worshipping casual sex. If it wasn't so, he would probably still be a sad virgin, but at least he wouldn't have to feel like he was missing out on something that most women can get at two minutes notice
>>
How did you meet a real life robot?
>>
>>17429045
>Should I tolerate this friend?
No.
>
Is there anything I can do here?
Leave, and be blunt when you tell him why. You can take him back when he is ready to grow the fuck up, but no sooner.

Note that I said to take him back, not when he HAS grown the fuck up, but when he is READY to. He'll need some help getting that done, and if you want to help him, that is the point when you will be able to.

>Will he always be this way?
Hopefully not.

But before he can change, he must first WANT to change. Before that can happen, he must realize that he HAS TO change. And before that, he must first realize that he CAN change. A whole string of traumatic epiphanies have to happen before he can ever grow again.
>>
I have a friend like that. She is autistic and would obsess about muh discrimination etc. I take her to a normie activity and get her to meet more normies. The more normies she meets, the less comfortable she feels rambling about how victimized she is

you can go to martial arts class together, or join a volleyball team, or go running together, something, anything to keep him from obsessing about having sex with virgins
>>
File: 1464107534855.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1464107534855.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
STOP TALKING ABOUT US
>>
File: pay_jews_forever.jpg (26KB, 474x357px) Image search: [Google]
pay_jews_forever.jpg
26KB, 474x357px
you're right
the holocaust is a crock of shit
>>
>>17430777
Normie holocaust when?
>>
>>17429143
Ah, yes. Surely, one of his only friends explicitly abandoning him because he feels bad will make him feel less bad. Fucking retard.

You normies are all the same. Unempathetic cunts who don't even try to understand people like us. It's so much easier for you to hate us and treat us like subhumans than to try to understand us and where we're coming from. You think you're the good guys but you're honestly not, you're just a bunch of bullies picking on the downtrodden, the weak, and the mentally-ill.
>>
>>17430793
REEEEE
>>
>>17430863
>>>r/4chan
>>
>>17430793
Go back to crying yourself to sleep, you miserable fuck. Just end your life already, if all you do is cry and bitch about things.
>>
>>17430793
We understand where you're coming from, which is why we leave you and your warped, twisted (and plain wrong) perceptions of life behind.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.