[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CONSISTENT FAILURE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 20160725_230847-1.jpg (646KB, 2911x1074px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_230847-1.jpg
646KB, 2911x1074px
Well, I failed my driving test again. Who else wants to talk about feeling like a raging failure?

Pic related, its a bus stop. It's probably going to be my only mode of transport from here on out.
>>
Asian by any chance?
>>
The written one or the driving one? If driving, find yourself a driving school. They know little secrets. When I went to one, the morning of he took me for two practice rides outside the DMV. Come exam time, it was exactly the same route I had taken in the morning. Helped a lot.
>>
>>17429061
Nope. Don't be a twat, bruh.
>>
>>17429065
Driving. It was on a really stupid technicality. It's my second time to. Turns out she liked everything else I did.
>>
>>17429088
what technicality?

its fine, don't be too bummed. practice and make sure it doesn't happen again. loads of people fail at least once(i did and wouldve failed twice if i didn't have a nice guy that didn't let me redo parallel parking).
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 224x224px
>>17429037
I failed my driver's test the first time but do my license anyway because my mom knew the lady giving my test
>>
>>17429103
I was taking too long at intersections and it show that I wasn't confident to drive on my own yet. Plus she had to tell me to go on one too many occasions. Other than that she thought I did fine.
>>
>>17429129
Ain't that nice?
>>
File: choclate hat.jpg (7KB, 182x226px) Image search: [Google]
choclate hat.jpg
7KB, 182x226px
>>17429037
>failed permit test 5 times
>passed driving test first try
>>
>>17429192
Don't get too down. To other people you look like a loser (No offense), but nobody else understands your troubles, man. You're in the process of figuring out what works for you, it isn't always a clean process.

I spent somewhere near a grand teaching myself how to drive, classes and missed test fees overall. This was suppose to be it today, but my permit expires in two weeks and rescheduling in MA is trash. So after two weeks I'm assed out and starting from the very beginning.

Gaining autonomy for oneself isn't an easy process. Pic related.
>>
I took and failed the drivers test twice in high school.

I live by myself now and still don't drive. Public transportation does the job, for now at least.
>>
I failed 5 times, my instructor couldn't understand why, I have been driving for over 10 years and I've never had a single crash or anything. Don't sweat it
>>
>>17429037
Nigga chillllllllllllllll
But for real though, I've yet to take mine just because I'm not completely confident I can pass it yet.
In all honesty, if you want to pass, spend a few days leading up to it practicing by just driving around your town. You'll pick up on little nuances as you drive. It helps as well if you have somebody with you who's been driving for a good while, as most likely they'll have advice and tips for you. It'll build your confidence as you drive along.

Also, consider getting out for a little while when it's a little busier than usual. Not end of day traffic or anything, but around noon there tends to be some not too major traffic that will help you adjust to a lot of situations and understand how things function. It's not too bad brudda, you just gotta take the failure as a learning experience instead of a complete loss. Don't give up!
>>
>>17429398
>>17429405

But do y'all even have your licences?
>>
I'm glad i did it the first time because the fucking cost of these tests are absurd.
I practiced profusely with my father before taking the test, just have to know what's not working before going in and addressing it.
I took a manual (live in yurop) so it was an extra layer of stress. Found it really hard to get a decent speed when driving out without stalling the engine, but I learned (kinda). Been half a year with it now, doing fine.
>>
What do you guys do for a living? I just turned 18, didn't finish high school, moved with my dad to a small shitty city. I've been bussing tables for the last three years and I don't know what else to do. No hobbies either, just sit at home when I'm not working and play video games.
>>
>>17429421
If you never get caught by the police, no one knows ....

I don't recommend this at all, btw, but I live in Texas and a lot of illegal Mexicans just drive with no licence or insurance. If you get into an accident with them, they give you a few hundred dollars in cash
>>
>>17429431
Same thing, except I live off of my parents salary
>>
>>17429444
Lmao, my mother crossed into Arizona before giving birth to me thank fucking god. Feel bad for my people at home depot, let them build my fence
>>
>>17429398
I don't. I'm the first anon.
>>
>>17429431
OP here. I graduated from college a few months ago. I live at home and I work at a movie theater right now while looking for other work. My situation blows compared to everyone else around me, but it could be worse TBCH.
>>
I recommend learning in a Manuel.
>>
>>17429140
in case you don't know, just count to two at stops. that's the requirement, at least in my state(NJ)
>>
I'm going for my 4th try tomorrow. First time I fucked up parallel parking by hitting the back wooden thing, second time I took my mom's new car and went over the curb parallel parking. I wasn't used to it so that was my fault fornot waiting. Third time I had that shit, and went REALLY SLOW backing up and didn't get It cause I wasn't checking Blindspot and some other bs about having too many points. Thing is I am drive fine, and parallel park find according to my parents, but I keep fucking up some how. I think it's the stress from only getting one chance to not fuck up parallel parking.
>>
>>17429484
Not that bad op. Personally I'm going to save up for a year, take a 30 dollar greyhound bus to long beach, rent a room and look for work. If I'm homeless for more than a year ill kill myself
>>
File: happymane.png (324KB, 627x345px) Image search: [Google]
happymane.png
324KB, 627x345px
>>17429591

Nice plan, expect the suicide part. Give yourself, four years, then reconsider your options .I would love to move to California and work in Hollywood. Some day, though.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (10KB, 164x52px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
10KB, 164x52px
>>17429584
Sounds like you just need practice in general. How much have you spent so far?
>>
>>17429409

>I have no car to practice with
>I drove them away (no pun intended) because of my own ego and my self-hate projection when I drove with them and couldn't do things right.
>Start taking driving lessons. Gain road confidence for the first time without family's help.
>Driving lessons put me in the financial in the red
>Still need to practice what I learned, my family is busy and is no longer interested in helping me with driving.

fuck....
>>
>>17429656
Shit I don't know. Go be fair though we had bad flood that fucked me up for months. Couldn't take the test the second time and nothing lined up, dad maybe had Fridays off and I'd have to miss school to take it so wait until holiday which were all but gone because of make up days. I didn't drive much until months later. I've practiced a bunch now though and can honestly say it was for the better.
>>
>>17429394
I've spend 2,5 grand, failed my second practical test in november and havent tried since then because i hate driving and didnt have the money lol. Also my permit expires at beginning of september and i dont really know if i want to try this shit again
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.