[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting drunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1234.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px)
1234.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
Hi /adv/,

I've hit a little bit of a rough patch. I don't have anyone to talk to. I feel depressed, down and sad and I need to get through the next 8 nights (i work nights, sleep during the day until evening) in a job, that doesnt really require me to do anything (think a security guard in a graveyard)

The thing is, I need to have a beer and 4-5 shots of whiskey to get me through a night without feeling like shit.
Are there any health risks, that could occur after drinking like this every night?

Thanks for the responses
>>
Get some help from a real professional not some strange people on the Internet with nothing better to do than to give horrible advice on an a web forum. Seek a doctor or a therapist to help you get through this difficult time in your or not it's your call
>>
Binge drinking consecutive nights is for sure unhealthy. That's some minor liver damage, a few extra pounds, and a possible future addiction to make you fatter, sadder, and unhealthier. Find some alternatives. If you really have to, I would space out the boozing to every other day. If you have some friends or family to link up with after the 8 days I think you'll be fine. Substances can be fun but they're dangerous if used to cure loneliness.
>>
>>17428774
dont do it
you have so much to live for
>>
>>17428774
Why not sleeping pills?
>>
>>17428808
I'm pretty sure I would have a hard time visiting a therapist though. I feel like that would make it a big deal out of my problems. Talking about problems with strangers on /adv/ or just reading is a really good thing to pass time by the way, atleast for me

>>17428873
I go out jogging every evening, 12km. That and playing vidya makes me feel better. Is there any other activity you would suggest that I could take up?
My dad died from a long time alcohol consumption, I would hate to end like him
>>
>>17429014
I think I'm past suicide. Just need to make it through 8 more days.

>>17429019
These would mess up my sleeping schedule too much. I still need to go to work. Besides, I think i need a prescription for these, where I live
>>
everyone's got to vent somehow. if posting on /adv/ is what does you good, then go for it.
for dealing with alcoholism though, pour all your shit down the drain and don't look back.
>>
>>17429046
You sound like my old roommate. He worked nights as a guard at a hotel driving a golf cart around.

He was overweight and a functional alcoholic. Always drank vodka and whiskey. At one point, we had to pull huge garbage bags of piss jars and shit out of his room when we discovered how fucking dirty it was. Don't get to that point if you can help it.

Why only 8 days? Are you changing shifts or jobs?
>>
>>17429048
I'm mostly lurking. Only when there is a thread with little to no answers and I think I can help, I go for it.
Do you think that I'm an alcoholic, if I drink to get over something? Honest question. Never drank too much in my life, only with friends night out
>>
>>17429075
idk. lived my life with an addictive personality, and this was the most effective way (ie. make it inaccessible) to get over the things that gave me the 'easy answer'.

I cannot say that you're an alcoholic, because I know little.
>>
>>17429074
Jesus, that sounds awful. I really don't think I'm gonna hit that low though.

Nothing work related, just women trouble. I would give anything to get back to the time when I didnt give two fucks about girls
>>
What is it about voids and wanting to fill them?
>>
>>17428774

That's a good amount of binge drinking, man. Potential for addiction and health issues. I'd see a doc or something and get that handled if you can't stop. That said, sometimes people DO go there in hard times, what matters is you get out and don't go full on crazy trying to patch things with drugs/alcohol.

This is coming from a guy that used to polish off two fifths with six packs during a single work week for a while. I was in the midst of women problems, lost my parents and fell into a hole. Trust me when I say that it's a fucking vicious cycle after a while and you will not escape without help or freakish willpower. I was too embarrassed to say I had a problem but woke up one day and felt nothing but anger upon seeing my (then) fat face and my body ruined by alcohol. I (a bit foolishly, alcohol withdrawal is dangerous but I'm a proud, stubborn ass) weened myself down to beer then to just a couple every few days.

I still struggle with it but my body doesn't deserve that kinda punishment and neither does yours. Get this shit out of your system. Go to a gym, punch a bag, scream to music in your car. If you wanna get fucked up for a bit to get out of your head just be safe and cut that shit out ASAP. It won't help in the long run.
>>
>>17429161

Also, drinking on the job, if that's what you're planning, could land you in deeper shit if you get busted. Not to mention getting pulled over if you're driving there and back.
>>
>>17429104
I have no idea, help me out please?

>>17429161
Damn, seems like you've been through some shit anon. I really hope you are doing better now, you certainly sound like it. Also, we are in a same boat regarding parents and women issues

As I said before, running helps out, so does working out. But I find myself in shambles at night, no matter what I do. Gonna try to cut down the drinking, thanks for the input! Also, I travel by bus and I'm pretty cautious about getting caught, no worries there
>>
read a book instead
>>
>>17429197
It's an innate drive to see order where there is none?

these are the sorts of things that I just chalk up to the human condition.
>>
I think a therapist is a good idea buddy. It sounds like 'ah, fuck that' or we make up excuses. But Ive got first hand experience, if you see a therapist with an open mind for the suggestions they give you, you can make life a lot better.

Take it or leave it, theres no easy way out of these feelings. But professionals can GUIDE you through all of it.
>>
>>17428774
5 drinks a day for an extended period of time can absolutely do liver damage, certainly not healthy. I would say (assuming you're a guy) you shouldn't have more than two or three drinks daily. It won't be a major health issue if it's short term, but it's easy to let something like this become a habit. I'm on my sixth drink currently though, so I'm not in a place to judge. Maybe substitute with weed occasionally if that's your thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.