[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debilitating phobia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
My constant thoughts about what other people are thinking about me are pretty much destroying my life. I literally can't walk around in public or talk to people, especially women without being petrified by this phobia. When I'm laying in bed at night I realize how ridiculous this is and promise myself I'll stop letting it effect my life. Yet the next I'll do the same thing and I'll just be even more disappointed with myself. For instance, I literally can't talk to women without constantly questioning their motives. Usually I just assume women are being nice and that I'm really just annoying them.

The other day I was talking to this chick from one of my classes and was going to ask her if she'd like to study for the final with me over the weekend but I just completed froze up. I even saw her after class and the same thing happened. I'm almost certain she would have said yes because she has been having trouble in the class and I have an A yet I fucking blew it.
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>17428813
>>
I feel bad nobody is responding to you. Maybe there is not enough of a question in your post.

Try to think that other people also feel like this, they might also be scared shitless of what you are thinking of them. Then you're in the same boat. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be giving advice on this.
>>
>>17428880
>they might also be scared shitless of what you are thinking of them
I don't know if healthy people actually think like that, or pheraps they do they just don't let it effect them that much.
>>
>>17428671
I'm dealing with similar shit. It will help to start forcing yourself to act sociable and polite, but also assertive with people who don't really matter to you such as fast food workers. It will help you figure out how to repress the panicked voices of doubt in your mind. Then gradually figure out how to just act as yourself in public without it overwhelming your thoughts. Realize most people have awkward moments, and aren't going to judge you too harshly for any little thing.

I'm 23, and better than I was when I was 20. I still can't build relationships worth a shit, but at least I am capable of working well with others and just be as I am without worrying most of the time.
>>
>>17428921
I fucking try man. I can never commit to doing something. I over analyze things and then the time passes me by.
>>
>>17428935
>I fucking try man
What do you try? You can't go to a mcdonalds and state a simple order in a clear voice while looking the employee in the eye? If you can't do that you may need more professional help, although a therapist would probably just tell you the exact same thing.
>>
>>17428966
No I can do that.
>>
>>17428966
I almost never look people in the eye. Is that considered weird?
>>
>>17428975
I believe that's a sign of autism, not positive though. You should try it. Don't stare too much, but when speaking to someone or when you are being spoken to try to look at their eyes. In longer conversations shift your gaze elsewhere occasionally.
>>
>>17428975
Sure is, Mr. Autismo.
Don't worry, I'm the exact same way
>>
>>17428982
OP here. I can look people in the eyes, in fact I think I do it too much.
>>
>>17428975
You probably have autisms
>>
Having same problems

Bumpu desu
>>
Also same trouble. I'm 33 though. Pretty much autistic too
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.