[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I GIVE YOU ADVICE FOR TEETH PROBLEMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

I'm an expert on teeth, never had a cavity, never been to a dentist, perfect gums and teeth. IF you have bad teeth here are my tips:
-start with buying xylitol. it is a sugar that can't be turned into acid, so you'll stop getting plaque buildup, your plaque will die off eventually because they die trying to consume xylitol. taking it in any form (gum, powder, mints) will remove the acidity from your meal.

-Equally important: get enough calcium and vitamin D, these are the most important for bone and teeth health. Most dentists say that your teeth don't "grow" anymore but this is wrong. E.g. if you REALLY HAD TO you could never get a cavity without ever brushing your teeth as long as you get enough vit D and calcium. Calcium builds bone/teeth and vit D allows you to absorb it. Milk is a good source of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium.

-Believe it or not you don't need to brush that often. I brush once a day, when I was a kid I never brushed and still got no cavities because I drank a lot of milk. What matters is how you brush - wriggle it at the gumline and anywhere you feel plaque, VERY GENTLY (just enough to turn the gums pale). Use a SOFT bristle brush, a hard one can scrape away your enamel and damage your gums. Plaque is not hard to remove, spend like 10 seconds wriggling the brush in each spot.

-get enough vitamin C for gum health. And gently massage your gums with a toothbrush or finger in circular motions, HIGH on the gums (not at the gumline) - this allows blood to flow into your gums and it heals them, strengthens and thickens them.
the health of teeth = how long you have acids on them vs how long they're being mineralized. Acids come from sugar feeding the harmful bacteria (not all bacteria is harmful). Your teeth heal when your saliva touches them, it has minerals like calcium and phosphorus.

You'll never get a cavity again if you follow all these tips - especially getting enough calcium and vitamin D.
>>
thanks. I have a receding gum line on my right side its receded on about 3 teeth. Should vitamin C help this?
>>
I have 5 front teeth showing cavities, and another two teeth in the back that have chunks missing.

My gums are crazy bad.

Where do I start and what kind of money am I looking at spending to get this fixed?
>>
Another tip: Drinking water during meals is good, it removes acid while you're eating. Drinking soda or orange juice (acidic) without water is bad for your teeth.

Also, acidic drinks like orange juice are a lot less harmful served cold. I would avoid any kind of "lemon tea" (hot acid) it wil ldestroy your teeth.

>>17427793
>>17427787
I'm not a dentist so I can't say how much it'll cost to fix your issues, sorry. Vitamin C does help gums but you also need to stop damaging them: stop brushing them hard, brush the gumline gently so plaque doesn't build up on them, massage high at the gumline with a finger/soft brush.

I know that teeth AND gums can heal, but I've never had a serious cavity so maybe it is best to see a dentist if it's serious.

Keep in mind many dentists are interested in profit - if you take care of your teeth you won't need a dentist, just like taking care of your body will minimize the need for doctors.
>>
How to get whiter teeth without expensive treatments?
>>
One note: if you have pets and chew xylitol gum, make absolutely sure your pets never get into it. Xylitol is highly toxic to dogs and cats, and likely other animals, too.
>>
>>17428069
>>17428069
>>17428069
>>17428069
>>17428069

YES.

>>17428064
Unfortunately there's no method to whiten teeth that doesn't harm them. Teeth are not actually meant to stay white, just yellowish.

I wouldn't recommend it.

The consequences of losing teeth are facial bone loss.

But if you're very interested in whitening than just know your teeth will be healthy as long as your rate or mineralization (calcium + phosphorus in saliva) exceeds demineralization (which is caused by acids).
>>
How does drinking earl grey tea affect my teeth? What if I drink it black?
>>
>>17428103
Hot sugar/carbs will not destroy teeth.

Hot lemon, lime, OJ will because they're already acids.

Idk about that tea, but if it isn't an acid then it is fine.

At the most you should worry about stains, just an aesthetic problem more than a health problem.
>>
>>17428083
> Teeth are not actually meant to stay white, just yellowish.

What the fuck m8, how do people have white teeth then? Same motherfuckers that drink coke and caffe.

I love my coke and caffe man, I didn't quit them for "yellowish".
>>
>>17428175
I'm sorry, correction: teeth can stay white yes, but in history people never kept white teeth - not sure why people have such white teeth now. Yet peoplein history still survived without teeth loss if they got vitamin D3 (from sunlight) and enough calcium.

there is a certain level of teeth & gum loss that is normal for your age group.
>>
>>17428215
>from sunlight
Well that could explain it.

>there is a certain level...
I'm new in the thread, not that guy.
>>
>>17427767
Haven't brushed my teeth for over 15years, and never had teeth issues. How?
>>
>>17427767
>oral health expert
>never been to a dentist
How do you know you don't have cavities then? usually they aren't noticeable til they are huge.
>>
SCIENCE tells us that calcium actually has little to do with bone health. Your information is shit. You don't have cavities, yet. Go read some pubmed on the subject.
>>
>>17428175
>how do people have white teeth then?

They pay to get them whitened
>>
I binge and purge food because I like food but don't like the sensation of a full stomach. How do I minimise the damage to my teeth from purging?
>>
>recommending xylitol
You fucking asshole, lol
>>
>>17427767
What can you say or add about pic related?
>>
File: 1470333105576.png (780KB, 518x515px) Image search: [Google]
1470333105576.png
780KB, 518x515px
All my teeth past my k9s are bent inwards
how do i fix?
>>
File: image.jpg (941KB, 1276x1755px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
941KB, 1276x1755px
I lost my retainer and my front teeth are slowly drifting apart
How do i keep them together?
>>
>>17431377
Love and a lot of patience
>>
>>17427767
Bait
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.