[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting Smoking Weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Ive been a chronic daily user of weed for about 4 years now, approaching 5. Started when I was 18 and now im 23. Ive tried quitting before, but always with the conceit that it would be temporary and I would eventually come back to it.

But now im just done. Ive realized there is nothing more for me to gain by using this substance, only more for me to lose, more time, more money, more cognition and more energy for life.

I killed the last roach I had a few days ago, and tapered off my usage to once a week before that. I currently feel so drugged despite not being on anything... I wake up still feeling half asleep and within 30 minutes of getting out of bed I find myself back on the couch. I feel empty, hollow, and detached, but most of all feel like everything in this world including myself is devoid of any existential meaning.

I have a plan to get better and heal my mind: Exercise regularly, continue a daily meditation practice which I started a week ago, start reading books, be more social, and above all else avoid any substance use, not even once.

I was just hoping that some people on here who were once chronic bud users could share their experiences. I know that with time things will get better but right now im still at the bottom and I havent even begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel
>>
File: 04.018.jpg (441KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
04.018.jpg
441KB, 1600x900px
I smoked chronically for most of a decade. My life circumstances basically enabled me to smoke all day every day without other obligations that would require periods without it or whatever.

Anyway, I also reached that point of realizing that I had to cut it out of my life. My personal view of it is that it's due to the way THC lingers in the body's fat cells; the more you smoke, the more THC is accumulated, the more you are constantly under its effects, even if it's subtle and you don't realize it at first. That burnt out, still drugged feeling you have now is because your body is still full of THC that's being slowly released into your bloodstream and then eliminated. You have to get through this uncomfortable phase and completely detox it all out and then you will find your "real self" returning and you'll gain back the natural enthusiasm for life that you started to think you could only find via getting high all the time.

Stick with it, man, it's definitely worth it. Cannabis is a tricky substance and a lot of the pro-weed views in our times are from inexperienced users still in the honeymoon phase of use. You know, before chronic brainfog and amotivational syndrome set in, before psychotic breaks and other weirdness caused by weed. They don't understand that the real "dangers" of weed only start to show themselves after years of steady use, and by then it's too late for many people and they spiral out into drug addiction with other drugs, largely in an unconscious effort to dispel the lingering aftereffects of the accumulated THC.

Personally, I am very pleased that I managed to quit, and feel 100% better than when I was smoking regularly. Physically, I'm much healthier, my lungs feel great, my stamina for exercise is unbelievable, and my will power matches it. Psychologically, I'm totally clear now, now more hazy half-baked stoned thoughts, but more profound thoughts arising from a lucid mind. It's good. Don't relapse!
>>
>>17427479
I'm in love with Mary Jane.
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright.
She makes my heart sing

And when I'm feeling low
She comes as no surprise
Turns me on with her love
Takes me to parardise.

Do you love me Mary Jane?

I'm in love with Mary Jane. I'm not the only one.
Mary wants to play around, I'll let her have her fun.
She's not the kind of girl that you can just tie down.
She likes to spread her love, and turn your head around.

Do you love me Mary Jane?
>>
>>17427510
>THC lingers in the body's fat cells; the more you smoke, the more THC is accumulated, the more you are constantly under its effects, even if it's subtle and you don't realize it at first. That burnt out, still drugged feeling you have now is because your body is still full of THC that's being slowly released into your bloodstream and then eliminated

Im pretty sure this is true as well, I remember reading in a recent Harvard study that in chronic weed users they still found THC in the bloodstream 30 days after their last ingestion, THC in bloodstream=THC being absorbed by the brain.

Thank you for sharing, it really is encouraging to hear it from someone on the otherside that things do get better.
>>
I'm a 5+ year habitual smoker. And seeing as how its becoming more accepted in public than alcohol, I certainly don't see a reason for myself to stop.

Some people go home and slam a six pack, I go home and roll a blunt. If one is worse than the other, so be it.
>>
>>17427649
Fat absorbs a lot of shit for a long time because it is the last thing to be consumed.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.