[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Friday I applied for a job. I called about it Monday and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1465445951516.jpg (104KB, 581x576px) Image search: [Google]
1465445951516.jpg
104KB, 581x576px
Last Friday I applied for a job. I called about it Monday and had I had an interview yesterday (they set that up). Its a retail job but also involves doing repairs on small electronics. The interview went great, I was there nearly an hour just kinda shooting the shit with the guys, interview was very informal. I know for a fact that I was one of the first if not THE first to apply for the position. I meet the requirements.

The guy who actually does the hiring wasn't around (the area franchise owner), so it seems he'll go off of their recommendation. I felt good about it until I got back home, checked Indeed (where my app was sent through) and 107 other people have applied for the job as well.

They told me I could expect to hear back in two or three days. What should I do? I really need this job, but now that I know I'm up against 107 other people, I don't know how good my odds are. I was planning on just calling them tomorrow to check up on it.

You guys have any better ideas? The guys I spoke all seem to be in their late 20's at least, and were very laid back. I worry if I call too soon they'll just find it annoying, but then again, I don't want them to take my lack of reaching out to mean that I'm not interested/don't need the job. I made it clear to the guy I primarily spoke with that I very much needed it.

What do /adv/?
>>
STOP POSTING PICTURES OF BLACKS YOU KEKOLD
>>
>>17427308
Wait. Worked as a recruiter and the process can be very long, especially with that many candidates, could take a month or so. That said not all of them are going to be viewed, maybe 30?

I would advice to wait 2 to 3 weeks before making an enquiry. Make sure you got the right email.

Next advice, apply for other jobs. Its good to have a line up than put your eggs in one basket. Another dirty secret is, it did not matter if you were first or last. If they find a better candidate thry will snap him up.

Chill for a little, day or two, then apply for more.
>>
>>17427325

>I would advice to wait 2 to 3 weeks before making an enquiry. Make sure you got the right email.

They said they're looking to hire someone within a week. One of the guys will be moving to another store soon, and the other two are sort of moving up, so they need to get someone trained beforehand to keep up with the workload.
>>
Bump. Any other ideas?
>>
Send them an email Monday saying you are still interested in the position and wondering where the applicationprocess is at that point. I wouldn't go out of my way to contact them after that.

Its weird OP, I've walked out of interviews thinking I killed it, and never hear from them again. Other times I think I shit the bed, and thengot hired a week later. Don't worry about it. Its out of your control at this point.
>>
File: 1345789204503.jpg (30KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1345789204503.jpg
30KB, 250x188px
>>17427322
eat a triple nigger dick sandwhich
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.